THQ

14 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Video Editor Interview

Agoura Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at THQ.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward. I got asked about my experience and that's it.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they told me how much they paid and I accepted.

Game Tester Interview

Phoenix, AZ

The process took a day - interviewed at THQ in September 2010.

Interview Details – THQ normally chooses to hire from the local art schools or through using a temporary staffing agency. All hires have some computer or media arts background along with an interest in video games but not necessarily experience in playing them. THQ does not immediately hire someone for permanent game testing positions, everyone starts off as a temp and receives training. As a temp as permanent positions become available a separate interview process is required for consideration.

Everyone is very friendly and fun loving. You MUST have a sense of humor to work here and be able be a team player. Fun office wide activities and contests are always going on to participate in during free time. It is a fun generally laid back atmosphere but they do watch how much work you accomplish.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite game? Are there any game you would NEVER play?   View Answer
  • If you have checked a level in a game you were working on and was not able to find any bugs what would you do?   View Answer

Finance Interview

Agoura Hills, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at THQ in July 2010.

Interview Details – HR contact was somewhat slow to respond. However, she seemed very pleasant in my interactions and communications with her. The interviewers were professional and friendly. They were experienced in their fields. The offices were decorated with characters from the company and the office decor made the company seem fun. I could sense, however, that the company was very political.

Interview Question – What courses did you take in school that were related to this field?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at THQ in June 2008.

Interview Details – I was recommended to a recruiter by a colleague, who called me and had a short conversation, mainly asking about my interest in the position, willingness to relocate etc. After that, the lead programmer for the project called me, it was a 45-60 minute interview that went over basic programming questions, mostly technical, not problem solving. After that, I was invited to the office for a half-day of interviews with different sets of people from the programming teams. These questions were more open-ended, problem-solving type questions. Less than a week later, that first recruiter called me back and offered me the position.

Interview Question – In C++, what is the benefit of a forward class declaration over simply including a header file?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I probably didn't aim high enough, as I was first to say a number, and they accepted that first salary recommendation.

Director of WWQA Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at THQ in August 2007.

Interview Details – HR: Very good, screen process included 10 years background and salary requirements.
Hiring manager: Asked a ton of basic, easy questions concerning quality assurance. Seemed like they wanted someone as the fall guy instead of someone looking to improve the processes and department. Declined offer.

Interview Question – Describe how you would test a game with a fault input device   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Money was not enough for the position

Concept Artist Interview

Concept Artist
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at THQ in May 2011.

Interview Details – The staff was friendly and inquisitive.

Interview Question – There were no curve ball questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a phone call and I agreed to the salary

Concept Artist Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at THQ in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very tricky due to the HR department being very bad. interviews were good when i actually got to talk to peers or my managers.

Interview Question – why do you want to live in montreal   View Answer

Negotiation Details – i came with a lower figure then they expected so they gave me quite a bit more then expected.

Localization Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at THQ.

Interview Details – Applied via web site, got my LinkedIn profile visited by a hiring person, got a phone call back from HR and scheduled a phone interview with a hiring person shortly after that. The interviewer was very nonchalant, asked general questions, wasn't really interested in my qualifications from the start.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Executive Producer Interview

Executive Producer

Interviewed at THQ

Interview Details – Went very well. Met entire team clicked well

Developer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at THQ in July 2011.

Interview Details – Initially met with technical lead and was asked a series of technical questions. Then met with other technical staff and senior company managers where I was asked additional questions relating to previous employment, interests, and skills relating to the position. The people were very nice, casual environment, and a work culture that emphasized communication.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for THQ? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at THQ interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by THQ employees and interview candidates.