TIAA-CREF

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – The hiring process is less than desirable, very long and tedious. They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. You usually have to interview 2-3 people within the department that is scheduled the same day at different time. Some were off the hiring location so there was also a phone call involved.

Interview Question – They were the pretty standard questions, nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I believe you can negotiate some, however I was pleased with my offer and did not have to negotiate.

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Wealth Management Advisor
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2011.

Interview Details – Process is horrible. Have a minimum of 5 interviews that are not well organized. Director is not a nice person; very degrading/condescending interviewer. The entire process needs to be reworked. Had 7 interviews over a 5 month period with very little communication in between.

Interview Question – What's wrong with your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was non-existent. Offer presented as take it or leave it.

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management Interview

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management
Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in February 2013.

Interview Details – the interview isn't too bad. They want to make sure you can deal with clients and the things they throw at you. The interview is held by your manager or other managers of the role. Everyone there is generally very easy going, as long as you are good and get your job done, don't complain. Takes a long time for them to make decision

Reason for Declining – wanted something new and different. More client facing, versus at desk.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in December 2012.

Interview Details – One interview with recruiter, one with local team manager

Interview Question – Behavioral questions: tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Common questions based on past work experience.

Interview Question – Did you ever disagree with your immediate Supervisor and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant, TIAA-CREF Way Interview

Senior Consultant, TIAA-CREF Way
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in May 2013.

Interview Details – 1st round of interviews with HR, then 2nd and 3rd rounds with the MD and other team members. 1st round was behavioral, 2nd round was focused on case interviews, 3rd round on tools and methodologies.

Beware, I was told that they have a very long recruiting process because due to compliance they need to interview a certain number of people for each position. After I interviewed, they interviewed others for the next 4 weeks.

Interview Question – 4 case studies: 2 were specific to TIAA-CREF's business and 2 were random   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer was extended was too low in terms of salary. They knew my previous salary, but I was never warned that the range my be considerably lower. Unbeknownst to me at the time it was extended, it was 100% non-negotiable. There was zero sense of urgency from HR to receive an answer. They also did not know who in the team would be my supervisor nor did they know if I would be spending my first week in Denver or in Charlotte, where the majority of the team is located. The offer letter took 3 days to arrive, versus the 24 hours I had been promised. During the offer process, I never got a sense that anyone was excited to have me join. No one from the business team reached out. Not even the HR person mentioned in the letter and assigned to help me through the process called.

My interview schedule was very hurried. I had less than 12 hrs notice between 2nd and 3rd round and between the 1st person and 2nd person in the 3rd round. I was constantly told that they needed to move fast because they had pending projects. But then, after my last interview, 5 weeks passed before an offer was extended.

My recruiter was also very lackadaisical. There were periods of 2 and 3 weeks with zero communication, even though I was following up once a week. She took a long weekend between the day I received the offer and the day I had to reply. Her voice mail was full at 4pm on her departure day and was still full past mid-day the day she returned. The day I rejected the offer, I left her a VM at 9:20am. When she called to check in at 1:40pm, she still had not listened to it.

Their time from offer acceptance to 1st day is about 20 days. They do background and drug tests. Again, zero sense of urgency.

All in all, I had too many red flags and was just not excited about the $$.

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in October 2012.

Interview Details – Two mangers interview, standard questions were asked, had to simulate answering a customer call

Interview Question – Call simulation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a HR rep who makes the initial contact, I made the mistake of saying the salary mentioned was ok, after that there wasn't any negotiation. I assumed that would come after the interview. Don't make the same mistake.

Registered Representative -inbound Interview

Registered Representative -inbound
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2013.

Interview Details – 30 minute phone interview followed by an appointment with 2 interviews

Interview Question – basic   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in March 2010.

Interview Details – I got a phone screaning first, then set up a face to face interview with a manager and a director. There were a questionnair and a role play on the phones, at the end there was a personality computarized test.

Interview Question – How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Wealth Management Consultant Interview

Wealth Management Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in December 2010.

Interview Details – I hd worked for thr company for four plus years. The interview went well. I was satisfied with the interview.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!

TIAA-CREF Videos

TIAA-CREF – Why Work for Us?

​​ TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a leader in helping those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIAA-CREF interview questions and advice in Denver, CO. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by TIAA-CREF employees and interview candidates.