TIAA-CREF Individual Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in March 2011.

Phone interview detailing job and was asked if I was interesting. Followed up by interview 2:1 asked questions regarding previous experience...was asked to do a role play pretending I was a travel agent trying to sell a trip. Everyone was very friendly and spoke as if the job was already yours...which was a bit strange.

Interview Questions
  • Role play as if interviewee is a travel agent and interviewer is the customer...sell the trip.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for TIAA-CREF

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in May 2010.

You went through the recruiter first with a 20 minute interview with just general questions.

Anonymous Employee  in  Lewisville, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in July 2010.

Received a phone call from a recruiter and agreed to a phone interview a couple of days later. Later that day receieved a email for a release to do a background check. Three days later receieved another call to do a second face to face interview.
    During the interview I was asked why I wanted to leave my current company and also If I had experience with sales. During the interview they asked behavioral questions (eg. tell me about a time when you have a angry customer on the phone and how the call was handled?)
    After that, I was asked to stay in the room and answer a call from one of the interviewers pretending to be a customer. Lastly, there was a questionaire of about 100 questions about leadership and sales strategies.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2008.

The interview process with this company was great. More personality questions than your standard run of the mill type interview questions. The recruiter and hiring manage made the process very comfortable and an enjoying experience

Interview Questions
    • With your experience and knowledge, you can you bring to the table that will contribute to the growth of this company?   Answer Question

Individual Consultant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in December 2010.

current employee. got referred to the position, had a preliminary interview with a recruiter, then a few days later I had a follow-up interview (2:1) with 2 managers for about 45mins total. Included a role-playing mockup telephone call and general questions about customer service, etc. smooth and comfortable process overall. Offer was presented in the following weeks.

Individual Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in May 2010.

Great phone interview with HR representitive at headquarters. In person interview was average.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable with acheiving a specific level of sales?   View Answer

Individual Consultant Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2008.

It was much different than the current interview process. I interviewed with one person and was hired a few days later. Now they are doing multiple interviews and role playing.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specifics but the current interviews are all oriented toward sales. The current focus is centered 100% around sales.   Answer Question
    Wasn't able to negotiate much at all.

Individual Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2008.

first there's a phone interview to pre-screen, then a one on one interview - which was very easy, they ask the difference between a Traditional vs. a Roth IRA,

Interview Questions
    • what's the difference between a Traditional vs. a Roth IRA?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult customer and how you overcame the situation?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate, but our hiring class received various salaries based on experience

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!