TIAA-CREF

125 candidate interviews

Summer Internship Interview

Summer Internship

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details – I initially applied for a summer internship at this company at a job fair at my college, then received a call from the admin asking to come in for a interview. The interview process itself was straightforward. The interviewer was polite, articulate, and professional. The questions were of the common stock, albeit modified to reflect my position (college student with no prior work experience rather than someone who has held jobs before) "What was your least favorite class and why," etc.

Then they promised to keep in touch after the interview - that they will let all interviewees know the final decision either in the evening or the following day. When that did not happen, I emailed them after about a week asking for a quick status update, and never received an answer.

It was the first job interview in my life. I had just finished my first year of college, and as my parents do not work in the corporate world, I had little idea of what to expect outside of what I read online. Although I have been told that such an experience is common among job seekers, I found it a very unprofessional and even rude way to behave, especially towards young students. It was not the missed opportunity that bothered me as much as this callous manner in which I was treated. Perhaps it was the same with all the other students who were interviewed. If an employee can be bothered to show up, surely the employer can take a minute out of their day to send a mass email to all interviewees "Sorry, you did not get the job, better luck next time." People deserve to know where they stand - should really go without saying.

Now I have a great internship at a software firm which had turned into a wonderful part-time job, going on to open many opportunities for me - including mentorships with top-level executives at Fortune 500 companies. I am still in college, but my career future is looking bright. I would never even consider a job offer from TIAA-CREF, because this interview opened much insight into how this company operates - specifically, how they treat people. As an organization that claims to be (partially) nonprofit - "for" the people, that is very troubling indeed.

Interview Question – Why did you pick this class as your least favorite class?   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Met with two hiring managers

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you had to go beyond the requirements to finish the project   Answer Question

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) Interview

Individual Consultant (Inbound )

Interview Details – The interview process was ok

Interview Question – No questions were difficult   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter

I applied through other source and interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – 2-3 phone interviews with Directors and one face to face. Fairly straight forward questions with no surprises. Be prepared to understand the company products and history.

Negotiation Details – straight foward - seem to put their best foot forward. pays well.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Email application, phone interview, in-person interview

Interview Question – I didn't think any specific question asked was unexpected or out of the ordinary. However, they did request demonstrations of programming knowledge, excel knowledge, etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – HR person that contacted me was not very responsive. It took them about a week to get everyone's schedule to set up the interview. Of course, when HR people are themselves contract employees, it is no wonder they do not seem invested in their job.

Interview Question – The interviewer stated that I was highly qualified, and what would keep me from getting bored.   Answer Question

Public Relations Specialist Interview

Public Relations Specialist

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details – My resume was passed to someone in their team through an outside contact. They passed it to the hiring manager, who rang me for a half an hour interview by phone. It was a friendly, low-key interview, focussed on exchanging detailed information about my responsibilities in past jobs and the position open in their company. They asked the generic 'tell me about yourself to this point.'

Interview Question – Were you /are you paid on an hourly basis?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I'm actually still in the interview process

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details – Standard hiring and interview process. My job was posted on an external site. Interviews are conducted by an HR person first. Then the hiring manager and his/her manager.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Actuarial Analyst

Interview Details – On-Campus interview

Interview Question – there's a small test. asked you to model the water usage in an office building, giving you some information   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details – I submitted my resume and got a call for tax intern but saw me better fit for another position. They referred me elsewhere in company and waited a month to hear back.

Interview Question – Pretty reasonable questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TIAA-CREF

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!

TIAA-CREF Videos

TIAA-CREF – Why Work for Us?

​​ TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a leader in helping those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIAA-CREF interview questions and advice. All 125 interview reviews posted anonymously by TIAA-CREF employees and interview candidates.