TIAA-CREF Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.9

In Bound Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview

Phone, then face to face with managers. They asked a set of standard questions. I was impressed with the hiring managers and the approach to the questions. They were open to answer a lot of questions about the role.

Director, Digital Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TIAA-CREF (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Started off strong -- an initial HR screen, Followed by a call with the actual recruiter. Followed by a call with the hiring manager. Followed by an ENDLESS number of interviews stretching over 3 months. Some were over the phone. Some took place in New York City. It seemed to go on forever.

Interview Questions

• No real questions as i was being recruited, just a lot of explanation as to the state of the union. Everyone had a different perspective.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They pretended to be inflexible at first. But once you counter, they change their tune. They do not want to lose you after such an extensive interview process.

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TIAA-CREF (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Long process. Two human resources interviews, then hiring manager and regional manager. Took forever between interviews with very little correspondence in between. Be prepared to wait in between steps. I one point the hiring manager told me I should expect an offer within the day. Two and half weeks later I received the offer with him assuring me every other day it was coming. Very stressful. But as I found out this is typical for how the company is run.

Interview Questions

• typical, background, what makes you successful, tell us abut time you overcame a difficult situation. What is your process. Very big on time management and blocking your day for certain activities. I would concentrate on that portion and that you are very disciplined in your approach and that is how you run your practice. I believe today they also put candidates they a role play in front of a panel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much negotiation here. The salary is the salary though I have heard of applicants pushing for a little more on the base. Again it can be a long process with them and as you may find out if you work for them everything is long and difficult. Not exactly a well oiled machine you are dealing with.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

First set up a 30min phone interview, got offer 7 days later and only had to do drug and background test. I started immediately after. the whole process was the smoothest process ever. great company

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions that relate to the job duties. Nothing hard   Answer Question

Individual Advisory Services Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TIAA-CREF (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Typical internship questions were asked (any that can be found online via google). Interview was via phone/conference call, with a small group of people doing the interview. It was very thorough but not too difficult. Interview process also included a "test" on how well I could use Excel, Powerpoint, and Word.

WMA Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in February 2013.

Interview

5 month interview process. They check driving record, financial position, drug test. You go through a series of interviews with managers from around the company. They are big on the consultative sales process, so youll be asked to do a role play with a manager to see how you interact with clients.

Interview Questions

• For the role play, they give you a fact set. You mock-interview a client based on the fact set.   Answer Question

Product Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TIAA-CREF (New York, NY) in May 2011.

Interview

Good Interview process. Met with several members of the organization. Interview consisted of both phone screen by HR and then phone interviews with several employees. Onsite interview for the day with several senior people. HR followed up with an offer letter and all the necessary paperwork. Standard hiring practice included background check, drug screen etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your management style?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in March 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through my school portal, and we contacted for an interview shortly after. There were 2 rounds of interviews, one with the associates, after which a few people made it to the second round with the Managing Director. Very nice company, with a good sounding work environment.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF (Charlotte, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

The process went fairly quickly. I applied online and received a call from a recruiter. They did an initial interview to determine my qualification. It was followed by an interview with the manager. It was fairly straight forward. Very pleasant experience. There really weren't any hardball questions. Candidates should do their research and know about the company. It is very important.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions. What do you know about the company.   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2015.

Interview

I Applied Online, and was contacted via email. The recruiter was nice and informative and sought to get to me as well as my personality. She told me that I had to Complete an online video interview consisting of 4 behavioral questions. The video interview was abnormal but easy and the questions were mainly to gauge how you would act in particular situations. I was then contacted for a phone interview, followed by an on-campus interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest challenge of working in a call center environment?   Answer Question