TIAA-CREF

129 candidate interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call back within two weeks- HR recruiters then set me up for a pre screening phone interview and scheduled two interviews back to back. The first interview was with the 'team' members followed by the hiring manager. Team members were WAY more cut-throat than the hiring manager who was very easy going.

Interview Question – What functions do you regularly use in Excel and what you use them for.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Did not get a good vibe from team members. Hiring manager was nice- but the team interview was very intimidating.

Director Interview

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in May 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter, she did not seem to understand the scope of the position. When I asked what I perceived to be some pretty basic questions, she could not answer them. Frankly, it was overall very awkward.

Interview Question – There weren't any, they were pretty basic for what the position called for.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Financial Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in September 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview is pretty easy...this come first. Then, they will do a face to face interview (usually with a supervisor and a director). they tend to be pretty tough in the interviews. they like concrete examples. they are very sales oriented so they like to ask sales related questions.

Interview Question – explain a situation where you had to deal with an upset client and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – did not negotiate, probably could have

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in September 2011.

Interview Details – The process is about 30 to 40 minutes and be there 15 minutes early. Due to their hectic schedules be patient to wait for some may have a last minute meeting. Office space is very small and meeting rooms are booked way in advance. When interviewing you will meet the directors, his managers and key stake holders they work with you may also work with them on other assignments.

Interview Question – I don't recall since they went on a checklist.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was contract

Continuous Improvement Leader Interview

Continuous Improvement Leader
Charlotte, NC

I applied online - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2014.

Interview Details – 1st - Phone Screen by HR with email followup - 30 min - general questions, 2nd Interview with 'Dotted Line" hiring Manager - 30 min - nice conversation about the job and their needs, email follow up with HR, 3rd - In person with other Continuous Improvement Leaders - 60 min - again nice conversation about their needs and what works, 4th - Phone interview with the Hiring Manager - 30 min. another nice interview about their needs - no hard questions but some 'how would you deal with this situation' questions.

Interview Question – Most questions were situation type regarding applying tools and getting results - how do you use them in an administrative environment?   View Answer

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management Interview

Client Relationship Consultant- Wealth Management

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details – Recruiter would email with time she would call and then not call as stated. When I replied to emails sent by recruiter they were ignored. Plenty of excuses for being "busy". Not professional.

Interview Question – Tell us something about you that no one else knows.   Answer Question

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Senior Administrative Assistant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – The hiring process is less than desirable, very long and tedious. They didn't ask anything out of the ordinary. You usually have to interview 2-3 people within the department that is scheduled the same day at different time. Some were off the hiring location so there was also a phone call involved.

Interview Question – They were the pretty standard questions, nothing unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I believe you can negotiate some, however I was pleased with my offer and did not have to negotiate.

Director Interview

Director

Interviewed at TIAA-CREF

Interview Details – Slow, misleading, promise of on site interview dragged on for weeks and eventually never happened. Multiple calls with recruiter and business head, never a final call back from hiring mgr or recruiter. 2 mths later received computer generated email. Recruiter sold TIAA's growth track very hard. Hiring process is non-existent, or they just don't care. Not sure which it is.

Interview Question – Very basic, did not ask anything insightful, review resume.   Answer Question

Loan Officer Interview

Loan Officer
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – They reached me through LinkedIn and then called and left a voice mail on my work phone. I called back and went through a maze of being referred and sent from recruiter to recruiter... very sloppy process.

Interview Question – They didn't really ask anything too complex. They were generic questions.   View Answer

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Wealth Management Advisor
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2011.

Interview Details – Process is horrible. Have a minimum of 5 interviews that are not well organized. Director is not a nice person; very degrading/condescending interviewer. The entire process needs to be reworked. Had 7 interviews over a 5 month period with very little communication in between.

Interview Question – What's wrong with your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was non-existent. Offer presented as take it or leave it.

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!