TIAA-CREF Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2014

2.9

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview process was short and brief. One thing though, they trick you in thinking that you are going to get paid for any over time -- YOU DON'T !!!!

Interview Questions
    • Learn port numbers from SFTP to HTTPS to SMTP and everything in between. Kalpana Ramalingan (team lead for Systems Admins) WILL NOT hire you if you don't know port numbers NO MATTER how good you are overall with the tech skillset.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiations.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

On-Campus interview

Interview Questions
    • there's a small test. asked you to model the water usage in an office building, giving you some information   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in October 2013.

The process was slow. Here's the breakdown of the time frame from initial contact:

1. phone screening with HR
    2. 3 weeks later, they come back to schedule with a 1st round interview in a week
    3. 1 week later, 1st round interview.
    4. 2 days later, phone interview with a team lead from another geographic location
    5. 2 weeks later, HR called back and scheduled for a 2nd round interview in 2 weeks.
    6. 2 weeks later, the 2nd round interview happened.
    7. 1 day after 2nd interview, i got my verbal offer, i accepted it the next day
    8. 1 week after the acceptance, that's when they finally approved the position
    9. another 3 weeks pass by before i finish drug screening and background verification

Interview Questions
    • it wasn't really a difficult question, as they were trying to talk to me about my work experiences and personality fit as oppose to behavioral type questions.   Answer Question
    The offer was in my ball park anyway, and the benefits (pensions & 401K) are just great. few thousands more now isn't going to make or break me, and i value stability more at this point.

Senior Mortgage Loan Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in November 2013.

Applied online for the position, received a call from the recruiter within a few days, did initial screening, interview was set up with two senior managers. Received email 48 hours prior to interview confirming who I was meeting with, what time to be there, and where to go. Interview was about one hour long, maybe a little more.

Since this was at the beginning of their interviewing process for the new mortgage division for the company, I was told it would take about 2-2.5 weeks for a response. The recruiter emailed me the next day and let me know some initial feedback, and that he would reach out to me once he had heard, but to check in with him in a week, in the event a decision had already been reached.

Offer was made, had to then complete and correct some data from the initial online app, then again for their third-party screening company, credit check and complete a drug-test. Be prepared to have a 10 year address and employment history.

Interview Questions
    • If you prepare for the interview this should not be a problem. Nothing was out of the ordinary or difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    Offer was presented, not sure if there was room for negotiation. Overall package was solid and exceeded my expectations.

Phone Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in September 2012.

First there was a phone interview with a recruiter, then I went over on a Saturday morning for an in person interview with a manager. The manager knew someone I knew so we talked about that a bit. It was the standard behavioral interview with customer focused questions. I got an offer by the end of the week.

Interview Questions

I was already doing a phone job and though it paid more, I would have had to stay in that position for 18 months. I have an advanced degree and to be tied to the phone for that long was not something I wanted.

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2012.

Applied online, received a call from a recruiter to discuss background,and why i wanted to work at this organization. After another week got a call to come in for a face to face interview. the interview was with two department heads. They were both really nice people. They asked questions based on my resume and my past experience. The whole interview was about an hour long.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any unexpected or difficult questions.I was fully prepared for the interview   Answer Question

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Talent acquisition team co-ordinate interviews well.

Information Security Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Emailed for phone Interview. It was simple :
    Tell me about yourself
    Most challenging situation
    some questions on work experience at School

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in December 2012.

One interview with recruiter, one with local team manager

No negotiation

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Very long process with at least three interviews.

n/a