TIAA-CREF

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Lead Interview

Technical Lead
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Talent acquisition team co-ordinate interviews well.

Very Easy Interview

Information Security Analyst Intern Interview

Information Security Analyst Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Emailed for phone Interview. It was simple :
Tell me about yourself
Most challenging situation
some questions on work experience at School

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) Interview

Individual Consultant (Inbound )
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in December 2012.

Interview Details – One interview with recruiter, one with local team manager

Interview Question – Behavioral questions: tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

Wealth Management Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Very long process with at least three interviews.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Senior IT Engineer Interview

Senior IT Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – You need to know some one internally to float your resume. If not, dont even bother to apply.
Interview - no particular pattern - Depends on who is hiring. Starts with HR call who promises a lot of things including pro-rated bonus which doesn't work in reality. Once you clear the technical interviews you will get an offer letter matching what you are currently making. Then the negotiations start but dont expect a big hike in your pay from the previous job. After you accept the offer, a thorough background check will take 3-4 weeks.

Interview Question – Depends on who is interviewing. In most cases, if you are being interviewed, you already know someone in the interview panel.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a whole lot of room for negotiation after the final interview.

IT Technical Associate Interview

IT Technical Associate
Rutgers, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in October 2013.

Interview Details – I was invited to a 1st round campus interview. General questions and behavioral questions were asked. Wanted to know what your education and skills are.

Interview Question – What makes you stand out from the other people I am going to see today.   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Specialist
Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Its takes a long time to get an interview with TIAA-CREF. A recruiter called me from Denver and interviewed me. Wasn't a difficult process at all. Two week later they called me for an interview in the charlotte office. Two managers interviewed me and it was pretty good. They offered me the job two weeks later and it took a long time for my background to get back to them (it all depends on the state where they are getting the information from) The got the information that Thursday and I started on Monday. It took about a month for the whole process but I've heard it cam take up to 3-4 months.

Negotiation Details – My salary. They paid me about 7,000 more than what I was making. It was pretty easy. If they really want you then they will pay you. The pay is excellent there.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Senior Systems Administrator
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2012.

Interview Details – Referral would be best to get into this company. HR does not follow up if apply via internet, and there are too many layers of interview process.

Interview Question – Basic questions, so just be yourself   Answer Question

Manager, Investment Services Interview

Manager, Investment Services
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in April 2009.

Interview Details – Phone with HR, in person and via video conference. Pretty standard.

Negotiation Details – Straight forward terms of pay, benefits, moving conditions. One back and forth on salary negotiation.

IT Intern Interview

IT Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Only 2 interviews, both behavioral. No technical interview.

Interview Question – Please be prepared to have questions for the interviewer. Interviewers expect us to ask questions.   View Answer