TIAA-CREF Interview Questions

2.9

IT Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TIAA-CREF in October 2013.

I was invited to a 1st round campus interview. General questions and behavioral questions were asked. Wanted to know what your education and skills are.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you stand out from the other people I am going to see today.   Answer Question

Director of Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Tortous. hiring is not centralized, and HR hires a number of outside consultants to complete the process. it took approximately 10 months from interview to hiring. If you need to move fast, this is not the place .

virtually none. Tey kew I was desperate and that worked against me.

Individual Consultant (Inbound ) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Common questions based on past work experience.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever disagree with your immediate Supervisor and how did you resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Email application, phone interview, in-person interview

Interview Questions
    • I didn't think any specific question asked was unexpected or out of the ordinary. However, they did request demonstrations of programming knowledge, excel knowledge, etc.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

One of the worst interview processes I have ever been through. HR Department is completely incompetent and disorganized. The whole process took over 3 months. After passing the initial phone screening and first round interview I heard from HR that I was a finalist. I tried to set up a second round interview however HR went silent. Tried emailing and calling HR for 2 weeks, but nothing. Finally received an email after 3 weeks, giving me a case analysis to complete for the interview and gave me a grouping of time slots to choose from. After the interview I was told I would hear back in the next week or two...nothing. Around 3 weeks after the interview I tried contacting HR looking for an update as I was beginning to get interviews at other firms, however no response. By this point I realized I wasnt getting the job, however the least they could do after this 3 month interview process was send a rejection email, or at the very least respond to one of my emails or phone calls. Here it is 6 weeks later and still no response.

Interview Questions
    • They proved me with a detailed case analysis in which I had to do a 2 page write up   Answer Question

Public Relations Specialist Interview

My resume was passed to someone in their team through an outside contact. They passed it to the hiring manager, who rang me for a half an hour interview by phone. It was a friendly, low-key interview, focussed on exchanging detailed information about my responsibilities in past jobs and the position open in their company. They asked the generic 'tell me about yourself to this point.'

Interview Questions
    • Were you /are you paid on an hourly basis?   View Answer

I'm actually still in the interview process

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online – interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

HR person that contacted me was not very responsive. It took them about a week to get everyone's schedule to set up the interview. Of course, when HR people are themselves contract employees, it is no wonder they do not seem invested in their job.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer stated that I was highly qualified, and what would keep me from getting bored.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Very thorough interview process. 5 interviews total- 4 via telephone and 1 in person. All involved situational and behavioral type questions. With plenty of experienced people in this business sector, they are looking for a culture and character fit in addition to experience and credentials. Hardest interview process I have encountered, as I could never get a read from the interviewers if they were moving me forward.

IT Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2013.

Horrible experience as these people are crazy. They expected me to devote the rest of my life to them even though I was interviewing for a contract position. If they want a candidate who is going to commit to the job long term, they need to be offering benefits, salary, etc. Their expectations are very unreasonable for the level of pay and commitment they are making.

Consultant - Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2013.

Very direct. Excellent interview because the manager researched my background which showed interest in me as a candidate.