TIAA-CREF

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

The process took 3 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2010.

Interview Details – It took for EVER. I had given up three separate times, but then would be called and asked for more information or another interview. Advice to seekers out there, be persistent, network like crazy, and don't give up! If not selected the first time, apply again, but definitely make sure the first position is closed before you do. You don't want to be perceived as desperate, but diligent.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were unable to deliver on a deadline.   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in August 2010.

Interview Details – Very good conversations in a behavioral interview format. Each conversation was different, and it was great that each interviewer brought his or her own perspective to the conversation and asked questions. The best part of the interviews were that most were forward-looking instead of reading my resume aloud. Having multiple connect points made it nice to get an understanding of the company and how my role connects to the work in front of the organization.

Interview Question – What do you think will make you successful in this role?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2010.

Interview Details – Over the top, dealt with idiots

Interview Question – how do you deal with conflict   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – better offer while waiting

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in January 2010.

Interview Details – I interviewed for a manager position at tiaa-cref. I initially applied for the job in October, 2009, and got a call for the first interview with Human Resources in mid-January. I went on for a 1-on-1 a few weeks later, then a panel style interview with 2 current managers and the hiring director. After that, I had a phone interview with someone else in human resources. I still haven't received an offer, and have given up. Time to move on!

Interview Question – Describe a recent time in your current position that you saved your employer money.   Answer Question

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!