TIAA-CREF

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF.

Interview Details – Talent acquisition team co-ordinate interviews well.

Charlotte, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2012.

Interview Details – Two technical rounds, one telephonic and other face to face

Negotiation Details – They accepted what I asked for.

Iselin, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in June 2012.

Interview Details – I got call from hr couple of hours before lunch. I spoke briefly and requested to talk over lunch. Over lunch we spent about 30 minutes going over hr questions. I was not prepared for this call. I answered basic questions with hesitation and uncertainty (i.e. what is agile. I was debating whether to answer this in general form or the way it's been used at my current work). Then came the salary question and I just blurted my current comp right away. (I should have diffused the question and requested to learn the responsibilities more first. Also tried to get a feel for the range first). 1 week later a group phone interview was scheduled. The team was not organized, 5 people for 1 hr interview. They asked very opened ended questions. I did not do a good job of closing them. They did not give me a chance to ask my questions. Interview ended with only 2 people speaking from their side. I followed up with hr and she said they were interested in a follow up. She called back 1 week later for follow up, in person video conference in their office. That was also not planned well from their side. The facility was brand new and very nice. Did not get a feel for where I would sit or work from. Again they were late and there was misinformation about where how they were going to meet. The video conference was nice. spend about 1 hr.

Interview Question – How much do you make?   View Answers (3)

Reason for Declining – They were not interested in me. They were interested in someone just filling the role (which was most likely a turnover).

Technical Lead

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TIAA-CREF in April 2012.

Interview Details – People were really nice and friendly and the had everything ready before interview

Interview Question – Tell me about your background   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at TIAA-CREF

Worked for TIAA-CREF? Contribute to the Community!

TIAA-CREF Videos

TIAA-CREF – Why Work for Us?

​​ TIAA-CREF is a Fortune 100 financial services organization with $481 billion in assets under management (as of 6/30/12). The firm is a leader in helping those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIAA-CREF Technical Lead interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by TIAA-CREF employees and interview candidates.