TIBCO Software Interview Questions

3.1

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TIBCO Software in February 2015.

The first conversation was simple and informative, yet the contact seemed falsely optimistic about the company and the current state of affairs involving the venture capital firm that now owns TIBCO.

The actual interview was nearly an hour-long phone conversation during which I spent nearly the entire time listening to what was essentially a sales pitch about the company and why TIBCO is so amazing. The main interviewer paused at awkward moments in his speech as if to suggest that I should comment or jump in, but I have no idea what he was expecting me to add to the conversation. It was very one-sided and it felt like I was talking to a used car salesman trying to convince me to purchase a car with no engine. Neither interviewer knew what kinds of questions to ask me. They were salesman hiring for a job in instructional design. They did not ask the kinds of questions that would have helped them make a decision and when I offered them the answers that they should have been looking for, I could tell that they didn't know what to do with that information or why that would be important when designing courses. They were very underprepared for the interview and too focused on "sales" to understand the position itself.

Both interviewers were pleasant enough, but the longer the interview drew on, the less interested I was in the actual position. They did a really bad job "selling" the job to me. Their insistence on how "amazing" and "corporate" the work atmosphere was made it obvious that it would not be "amazing," just very "corporate" and stale.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you difficult to work with? Why would someone not want to work with you?   View Answer
    • Do you have any religious or moral views that would make it difficult for you to work with certain people?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TIBCO Software.

I applied Tibco through campus career fair. I got a Phone interview in next month. The interviewer asked details of my projects on resume. Also asked several technical question including singleton design pattern and the difference between hash map and hash table in Java. Then I received onsite interview within a month. I will have the onsite interview on Feb 9th.

Interview Questions
    • He asked a lot of question relating to my class projects.   View Answer

Support Engineer Interview

long day of meeting idiots. poorly trained interviewers asked the same questions or talked about themselves. not sure why so many people needed to talk. repetetive. conference room was too warm. didnt ask good questions.

poor salary

Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2015.

My Resume was forwarded to them by a friend.
    It took a whil(2-3 months), but eventially got a call from HR asking for a good time for an interview
    I eventually gave all that, and had my first interview scheduled.

It was taken by a senior architect. Started off with fav subjects. I said Cloud Computing and talked about SaaS,PaaS and stuff. He asked me whats so great about SaaS and had a short conversation about it. Then he asked about basic Data Structures- Arrays,LinkedLists, Hashtable- just basic definitions. Some Oprating systems questions- Virtual MEmory, how does it work. Then some databases- NOrmalisation, etc. Basically went through a lot of basics of different domains. That was it. I followed up a week later and a further week later got a mail saying that I made it throught the 1st round and was selected for the second(was surprised there was a second! but better than being rejected).

Was interviewed by a director and had a good converstraion about the company and different non-academic projects that I was involved in. He sounded impressed. Skimmed through basic data structures again, some OS/Java questions about synchronisation, OOPs Concepts with access modifier questions. I kinda faltered at that point. But he was very understanding and he sounded positive about the whole thing. I asked him some questions ...he answered.

2 weeks later, i got a mail saying congrats- next round is an offer and the HR wanted to talk. so i think i made it. So it was basically all the basics! was a good process, very responsive. Turnaround time was quick. I got replies quickly to my queries too.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. If i faltered, it was probably my own doing!   Answer Question
    Still waiting on that. Will update

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2015.

Drop a resume at Career fair, 1 month later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. Then one more phone interview. Next, they emailed me and say that we have moved to a level of an offer.

Curriculum Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TIBCO Software in December 2014.

Very thorough interview process. Began with recruiter contact and phone interview. Followed by phone interview with hiring manager and then in person interviews with hiring manager and other members of the team. Hiring manager sent some homework assignments to complete and then I returned for more in person interview with other team members. Everyone was very professional and friendly and even though the process took a while (things were slow because of the holidays), there was lots of communication and opportunity to ask questions about the job.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TIBCO Software.

I applied online for intern position at TIBCO software. About 3 weeks later, I got a mail to set up a phone call interview. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TIBCO Software.

This process took over 2 whole months; from the first phone screen to the final offer letter. TIBCO was always an acquisitive company, but the constant excuses from the recruiter (who never remembered any details of the latest steps in the process) grew very thin. NOT a good or smooth process. Should have been the first red flag.

Interview Questions
    • None. completely scripted. little effort put into the process.   View Answer
    I got what I asked for

Associate Consultant Interview

A recruiter calls you. They will ask you a few simple questions. go away and go improve yourself, there is no way you would have passed the later stages anyway.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TIBCO Software in August 2014.

I have never been treated more unprofessionally than during the very short interview process at Tibco.

My first sign that something was off was when I was already 10 minutes away from the Tibco office for my in person interview and the recruiter called me and asked if I could come in later that day because the interviewer had a schedule conflict. I know how crazy schedules get, so I agreed and came back later that afternoon.

After arriving 15 minutes early for my interview later that day, I waited in the lobby for over an hour. Apparently, something happened with the recruiter that was supposed to meet and escort me and there was also a miscommunication in contacting the interviewer. I finally met with the interview who apologized for the wait. She seemed to like my responses and asked me to return the next day to meet with another EA I would be working closely with and to possibly meet with the VP I would be supporting.

I returned the following day on time and again sat and waited. I couldn't believe this was happening again, so I asked the receptionist if everything was ok and if she could please check in with the interviewer. After 10 minutes passed, the receptionist came to me and said the interviewer was stuck in a meeting and that she would call me. I was speechless.

I never received a call or an e-mail after leaving the office.