TIBCO Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIBCO Software in November 2013.

Interview Details – The phone interviewer/recruiter was unprepared. Apparently, I passed that stage. I then had a half-day of on-campus interviews. Some interviewers were well prepared, others not (no copy of my resume, thinking of questions on the fly). I wasn't sent a list of interviewers in advance, so in fairness, I don't think the interviewers were given much advance notice. I was told I would receive feedback on the interviews by the following week, but heard nothing. I followed up with the recruiter and hiring manager via email, but still heard nothing...and still haven't heard back from them after more than 2 months. Very unprofessional. Not surprisingly, I read another online review by someone with a similar experience of no response after interviews. That must be TIBCO's M.O. for handling candidates who are not selected for the position. It's horrible practice.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

G&A Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIBCO Software.

Interview Details – Got contacted by a recruiter from a social media site. Had 3 interviews and a phone interview. recruiter and assistant to the recruiter were very good and communicative about every step of the process.

Negotiation Details – Recruiter negociated the offer with me

Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Palo Alto, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2012.

Interview Details – It all happened in a rush. They needed someone immediately and I was lucky enough to get through the interview. The questions were on abstract level based on my previous internship. The questions were asked of all type from security, data structures, application flow etc and then used to drill into the details. Lasted for an hour and a half.

Interview Question – How will you develop a secured web application? how and what security issues you will take care of.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial call with the recruiter, then a technical phone interview and then on-site 5-7 rounds of technical interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes. i was able to negotiate

QA Engineer Interview

Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TIBCO Software in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the recruiter.He discussed about my skills and education and aske dme to come for 1:1 interview.Three people came 1 by 1 and asked about my previous project.None of them ask me any technical questions.The manager who came last was not even looking at me and was busy in his laptop.
It seems they are just doing timepass and not interested in taking me or atleast listening to me.
Dont know why they wasted their and my time both.

Interview Question – Write your resume in xml format.   View Answer

Director Interview

Director
Palo Alto, CA

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at TIBCO Software in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was a good mixed bag. Met with different managers and employees across the org. Most interviews were conducted on one afternoon. Some one offs were conducted and sprinkled in to finalize the deal. If they like you, you're in and you'll probably know it quickly. HR is usually the holdup.

Interview Questions

• The interviewers were not very experienced. Some asked about previous sucesses   View Answer
  • The interviewers were not very experienced. Some asked about previous failures   View Answer

Negotiation Details – HR is a joke so it was weird when they lo balled me by about $20,000. They knew my salary requirements up front and acted like it was a surprise. I wound up with what I asked for in the end.

Engineering Interview

Palo Alto, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2007.

Interview Details – focused on behavirir question, little technical question, 4 person from different department: dev, project mngt, qa, easy one

Interview Question – what linux command to display all files, directory?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at TIBCO Software in July 2009.

Interview Details – Scheduled interview by email with HR. Dress code was informal. There was a conference room reserved for the interview where I spend all 4 hours. There were 6 rounds with 2 people each - most of the hiring team. I was taken to lunch. Water and coffee were available near the conference room.
The company seemed to have a nice culture, the interviewers were laid back, but curious. Some didn't really know what to look for and others went deep into white-board coding. It seemed like a desirable place to work for me.

User Experience Designer Interview

User Experience Designer
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TIBCO Software in May 2007.

Interview Details – standard tech job interview: phone interview with hiring manager and with hr rep. in-person interview with hiring manager and peer-level employee and later interview with department vp.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work more than 40hrs per week?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TIBCO Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TIBCO Software interview questions and advice in Palo Alto, CA. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by TIBCO Software employees and interview candidates.