TIBCO Software Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

3.2

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TIBCO Software in August 2014.

I have never been treated more unprofessionally than during the very short interview process at Tibco.

My first sign that something was off was when I was already 10 minutes away from the Tibco office for my in person interview and the recruiter called me and asked if I could come in later that day because the interviewer had a schedule conflict. I know how crazy schedules get, so I agreed and came back later that afternoon.

After arriving 15 minutes early for my interview later that day, I waited in the lobby for over an hour. Apparently, something happened with the recruiter that was supposed to meet and escort me and there was also a miscommunication in contacting the interviewer. I finally met with the interview who apologized for the wait. She seemed to like my responses and asked me to return the next day to meet with another EA I would be working closely with and to possibly meet with the VP I would be supporting.

I returned the following day on time and again sat and waited. I couldn't believe this was happening again, so I asked the receptionist if everything was ok and if she could please check in with the interviewer. After 10 minutes passed, the receptionist came to me and said the interviewer was stuck in a meeting and that she would call me. I was speechless.

I never received a call or an e-mail after leaving the office.

Somewhere In Building One, Two, Or Three Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

interviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2014.

Went through a phone screening interview with a recruiter then another phone interview with the manager and finally a face to face interview. Typical interview questions and look for someone who will fit into their team.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer to work in a team or by yourself? And how well do you work with people?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TIBCO Software in November 2013.

The phone interviewer/recruiter was unprepared. Apparently, I passed that stage. I then had a half-day of on-campus interviews. Some interviewers were well prepared, others not (no copy of my resume, thinking of questions on the fly). I wasn't sent a list of interviewers in advance, so in fairness, I don't think the interviewers were given much advance notice. I was told I would receive feedback on the interviews by the following week, but heard nothing. I followed up with the recruiter and hiring manager via email, but still heard nothing...and still haven't heard back from them after more than 2 months. Very unprofessional. Not surprisingly, I read another online review by someone with a similar experience of no response after interviews. That must be TIBCO's M.O. for handling candidates who are not selected for the position. It's horrible practice.

G&A Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TIBCO Software.

Got contacted by a recruiter from a social media site. Had 3 interviews and a phone interview. recruiter and assistant to the recruiter were very good and communicative about every step of the process.

Recruiter negociated the offer with me

Software Engineer - Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2012.

It all happened in a rush. They needed someone immediately and I was lucky enough to get through the interview. The questions were on abstract level based on my previous internship. The questions were asked of all type from security, data structures, application flow etc and then used to drill into the details. Lasted for an hour and a half.

Interview Questions
    • How will you develop a secured web application? how and what security issues you will take care of.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TIBCO Software in January 2012.

Initial call with the recruiter, then a technical phone interview and then on-site 5-7 rounds of technical interviews

Interview Questions
    • Questions on you resume projects, work experience.   Answer Question
    • Data Structures and Algorithms, Java Programming questions, Multithreading   Answer Question
    Yes. i was able to negotiate

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TIBCO Software in September 2011.

I was called by the recruiter.He discussed about my skills and education and aske dme to come for 1:1 interview.Three people came 1 by 1 and asked about my previous project.None of them ask me any technical questions.The manager who came last was not even looking at me and was busy in his laptop.
    It seems they are just doing timepass and not interested in taking me or atleast listening to me.
    Dont know why they wasted their and my time both.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TIBCO Software in July 2009.

Scheduled interview by email with HR. Dress code was informal. There was a conference room reserved for the interview where I spend all 4 hours. There were 6 rounds with 2 people each - most of the hiring team. I was taken to lunch. Water and coffee were available near the conference room.
    The company seemed to have a nice culture, the interviewers were laid back, but curious. Some didn't really know what to look for and others went deep into white-board coding. It seemed like a desirable place to work for me.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TIBCO Software in June 2008.

It was a good mixed bag. Met with different managers and employees across the org. Most interviews were conducted on one afternoon. Some one offs were conducted and sprinkled in to finalize the deal. If they like you, you're in and you'll probably know it quickly. HR is usually the holdup.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers were not very experienced. Some asked about previous sucesses   View Answer
    • The interviewers were not very experienced. Some asked about previous failures   View Answer
    HR is a joke so it was weird when they lo balled me by about $20,000. They knew my salary requirements up front and acted like it was a surprise. I wound up with what I asked for in the end.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TIBCO Software in May 2007.

standard tech job interview: phone interview with hiring manager and with hr rep. in-person interview with hiring manager and peer-level employee and later interview with department vp.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work more than 40hrs per week?   View Answer