TIC - The Industrial Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Bakersfield, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in March 2013.

Interview Details – Lengthy and very complete application and interview process that makes sure the right people are hired for the right job. Interviews include in-person 1:1, video submittal, video conferencing, and multiple group interviews at the District Office 1:3

Interview Question – Describe your personal management style, and give an example of a situation in the past where your management skills resulted in a positive outcome for all parties concerned......within 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Engineering Intern
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in April 2012.

Interview Details – Communicated with HR through a personal connection; no formal interviews done.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, acceptance of job offer.

Very Easy Interview

Journeyman Interview

Journeyman
Bakersfield, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in January 2013.

Interview Details – do you have a license?? that was it.. if you had one you had a job

Negotiation Details – requested more money and more per diem.. they said yes

Structural Welder Interview

Structural Welder
Goldsboro, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in March 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of an interview and a weld test. Pre-employment drug/ alcohol screening was conducted. The results of the welding test, a background check, and meeting with the HR rep was pretty much it.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were posed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, the company extended an offer, and you either accepted it or declined.

Procurement Intern Interview

Procurement Intern
Casper, WY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in January 2012.

Interview Details – A single in person interview before three Kiewit employees based in HR. I was then passed down to TIC-Wyoming which is a subsidiary of Kiewit.

Interview Question – The questions were to be expected. Understand the company, and know information about it before interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation, but there wasn't any need either as the offer was extremely competitive.

Very Easy Interview

Quality Manager Interview

Quality Manager
Fort Pierce, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in July 2008.

Interview Details – when first hired TIC was great then was bought by Kiewit and everything changed everyone got job scared

Interview Question – why people judge without looking inside themselves first   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – great

Electrical Hand Interview

Electrical Hand
Broken Arrow, OK

The process took a day - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in March 2010.

Interview Details – The day you start with this company is the day you fill out your application.

Electrician Interview

Electrician

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in January 2011.

Interview Details – The hardest part was the resume and application process at the workforce. Upon interviewing and based on recent hired hands, the process used by the management to screen and select employees is vague, and short, resulting in hands that aren't a fit for the position.

Interview Question – none really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – you are worth what you think you are worth. if you are looking for top pay you shouldnt look here. but during the interview process stick to your guns....

Field Engineer IV Interview

Field Engineer IV

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company.

Interview Details – Applied online for position. Within a week recruiter reached out for a phone then video interview. Received a offer the next week for a position

Interview Question – Why TIC?   Answer Question

Estimating Internship Interview

Estimating Internship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interviers were very smart and asked pertinent questions the entire time. I could tell when they made up their mind and started asking my more personal questions that did not have to do with the internship. It was a great internship and I would highly recommend working for this company.

Interview Question – Biggest problem you have faced?   Answer Question

Worked for TIC - The Industrial Company? Contribute to the Community!