TIC - The Industrial Company Interview Questions

2.4

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company (Bakersfield, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Lengthy and very complete application and interview process that makes sure the right people are hired for the right job. Interviews include in-person 1:1, video submittal, video conferencing, and multiple group interviews at the District Office 1:3

Interview Questions

• Describe your personal management style, and give an example of a situation in the past where your management skills resulted in a positive outcome for all parties concerned......within 30 seconds.   Answer Question

Journeyman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company (Bakersfield, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

do you have a license?? that was it.. if you had one you had a job

Negotiation

requested more money and more per diem.. they said yes

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

Communicated with HR through a personal connection; no formal interviews done.

Negotiation

No negotiation, acceptance of job offer.

Structural Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company (Goldsboro, NC) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of an interview and a weld test. Pre-employment drug/ alcohol screening was conducted. The results of the welding test, a background check, and meeting with the HR rep was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions were posed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, the company extended an offer, and you either accepted it or declined.

Procurement Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casper, WY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company (Casper, WY) in January 2012.

Interview

A single in person interview before three Kiewit employees based in HR. I was then passed down to TIC-Wyoming which is a subsidiary of Kiewit.

Interview Questions

• The questions were to be expected. Understand the company, and know information about it before interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation, but there wasn't any need either as the offer was extremely competitive.

Electrical Hand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company (Broken Arrow, OK) in March 2010.

Interview

The day you start with this company is the day you fill out your application.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Pierce, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company (Fort Pierce, FL) in July 2008.

Interview

when first hired TIC was great then was bought by Kiewit and everything changed everyone got job scared

Interview Questions

• why people judge without looking inside themselves first   Answer Question

Negotiation

great

Field Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company.

Interview

Applied online for position. Within a week recruiter reached out for a phone then video interview. Received a offer the next week for a position

Human Resources Intern Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in December 2011.

Interview

Application was completed through the TIC website then you take an assessment test. A few days later I received an email and then set up an interview for the next week. I had one phone interview and then the next day I had an offer in my email and I also received a phone call with some more information about the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to convince your boss to do something new.   Answer Question
    • What makes you want a position with TIC?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TIC - The Industrial Company in December 2011.

Interview

I interviewed over the phone and was offered the internship 3 days later. There was only one interview and the recruiter was very friendly. The interview had a great balance between conversation and questions. It was not just strictly questions.

It was very important to know what TIC does since the interviewer asked questions about why I want to work for TIC. The values of TIC are emphasized quite a bit by the recruiter and during the interview I was asked what I value in a company. It helped that I mentioned the values we had in common.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for TIC?   Answer Question
    • Since TIC is a construction company, how willing are you to lead somewhat of a nomad lifestyle?   Answer Question