TJ Maxx Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Cold call to my current employer

Interview Questions
  • If you were a tree , What kind of tree would you be?   View Answer
none

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

they ask you the about how much volume you had in your other job (jobs). ( amount of money the store brings in) . they ask how you handle different interactions with employee and customers.

make sure you have proven sales track. plus coming from a big box store really helps

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2013.

I applied online, I was called a week later by hr person to set up interview. Interviewed with store manager couple of days later. I had to fill out paper application before 1st interview. Interviewed with District manager following week. I walked stores and spoke to managers at local stores. Managers at stores friendly answers questions.

Interview Questions
    • Super easy questions, not structered at all. Tell me about shirnk? Tell me about your self
      I was not prepared to fill out paper application at store. I had already uploaded my resume, and filled out online job application.
        Answer Question
    Small room for negotiation. I got 3 weeks of paid vacation after 2 years instead of 5 years. Not flexable on pay

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Three interviews, 2 store managers within the district, if they approve then you are set up with the district manager.. TJMAXX is big on evaluate, validate and accountability.

Interview Questions
    They are not afraid to pay for talent. Be clear about what you want and be able to speak to your accomplishments that warrant your requests.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2012.

Had a phone interview were I was asked about my past experiences and duties. Then interviewed with a district manager who was very rude, short, and the type of person I would not want to work for. Asked me about past experiences and usual star questions. Said the training program is 12 weeks and that you start at the lowest position possible in management and after 4 week intervals you get a review and then if your lucky you get the position you originally interviewed for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in April 2012.

apply on line, got the phone call 2 days later from a store manager to set up the interview for the next day , store manager was very nice, the interview last about 1 hour. store manager call the next day ask to go for a 2nd interview with a DM and anther store manager... the store manager show me the store and talk bout the Co. 2 hours later he walk me to the door and say I should hear form him by the end of next week... 2 weeks later nothing.

Interview Questions

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!