TJ Maxx

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview Details – Cold call to my current employer

Interview Question – If you were a tree , What kind of tree would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview Details – they ask you the about how much volume you had in your other job (jobs). ( amount of money the store brings in) . they ask how you handle different interactions with employee and customers.

Negotiation Details – make sure you have proven sales track. plus coming from a big box store really helps

Very Easy Interview

Cincinnati, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online, I was called a week later by hr person to set up interview. Interviewed with store manager couple of days later. I had to fill out paper application before 1st interview. Interviewed with District manager following week. I walked stores and spoke to managers at local stores. Managers at stores friendly answers questions.

Interview Question – Super easy questions, not structered at all. Tell me about shirnk? Tell me about your self
I was not prepared to fill out paper application at store. I had already uploaded my resume, and filled out online job application.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Small room for negotiation. I got 3 weeks of paid vacation after 2 years instead of 5 years. Not flexable on pay

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview Details – Three interviews, 2 store managers within the district, if they approve then you are set up with the district manager.. TJMAXX is big on evaluate, validate and accountability.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They are not afraid to pay for talent. Be clear about what you want and be able to speak to your accomplishments that warrant your requests.

Assistant Store Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview were I was asked about my past experiences and duties. Then interviewed with a district manager who was very rude, short, and the type of person I would not want to work for. Asked me about past experiences and usual star questions. Said the training program is 12 weeks and that you start at the lowest position possible in management and after 4 week intervals you get a review and then if your lucky you get the position you originally interviewed for.

Interview Question – Why are u looking at Tj Max   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in April 2012.

Interview Details – apply on line, got the phone call 2 days later from a store manager to set up the interview for the next day , store manager was very nice, the interview last about 1 hour. store manager call the next day ask to go for a 2nd interview with a DM and anther store manager... the store manager show me the store and talk bout the Co. 2 hours later he walk me to the door and say I should hear form him by the end of next week... 2 weeks later nothing.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJ Maxx

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJ Maxx Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by TJ Maxx employees and interview candidates.