TJ Maxx

Updated Sep 1, 2014

1.4

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

Easy hire. One interview with a management member. Basic questions. Name a good and bad customer exp you have exp in the pass. Etc. Need two verifiable references. Got a call about a month later.

none

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2014.

Filled out the application and interviewed the same day. Follow up was good. Met with the Manager who was very straight forward and very clear on expectations for success. Had a chance for tour of the store and brief discussion with other associate after being hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as there are set rates

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2014.

Make sure you fill out the in store application. I filled out the online one and brought it in, and it just created a big mess. They ended up loosing a big part of it, and I ended up having to fill out a whole new application.

The interview was pretty easy, it was a group one. If they ask for volunteers or people willing to role play, I would definitely raise your hand and try to be noticed. Make sure you speak up, they were looking for that in all of their questions.

After the group interview, they brought some of us back for individual interviews. Basic questions, really only cared about previous retail experience and hours of availability.

**** You have to earn your hours, they are EXTREMELY STINGY WITH GIVING OUT HOURS TO NEW HIRES.

Interview Questions
    • They asked where I wanted to be in 3 years. Its a retail job, who really cares?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They start everyone at 7.50/hr, with very FEW HOURS.

Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

Dropped off an application in store and got a call back within three days and was in to interview within a week. It was a group interview that lasted about a hour and a half. Basic customer service questions were asked.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2010.

application, interview

I took first offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oviedo, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2008.

Easy interview. Fill out job application in store and if they are hiring when you apply you should get a call to schedule an interview. Easy interview questions such as how to work in a team, work experience, personal goals, strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2008.

I interviewed with a supervising manager, who seemed to love working there. The interview was very easy. She was excited that I had already worked at Marshalls before. She told me to call back a few days later. I did, but she kept telling me to call back. After about 15 days, she called and told me I was hired.

None. Part-time job

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2010.

What are your strengths?

A situation where you helped someone?

pay

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2009.

The store manager asked me basic questions about when I'd be able to work and how long I wanted to work for. There were a few situational questions (i.e. "What would you do when an irate customer..."). The interviewer was friendly and did her best to make me feel at ease.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if an irate customer starts yelling at you?   Answer Question