TJ Maxx Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Littleton, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. You get asked a couple of standard questions about customer service/how you'd handle various scenarios. Pretty basic common sense questions. It was not hard at all.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you? What is teamwork for you? Do you have any experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview at TJ Maxx was very easy. They were really friendly. The interview over all lasted 30 minutes. The Manager was very professional. She liked my professionalism and experience and made an offer right away, and I accepted it. I have always loved their stores (Tjmaxx, Marshall's & Home Goods), so its was a no brainer for me.

Interview Questions

• What was the least thing you liked about your last job?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in April 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted about 20 minutes and was hired the next day. The manager was nice but very stern. Overall, it went by pretty quickly. Just be confident and you will do great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TJ Maxx (Warsaw, IN) in November 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with tj maxx both about 10-20 minutes. the questions were easy and not to stressing. I got the job within a couple weeks i now have a orientation today!!:) idk how long it will last tho.

Interview Questions

• What a problem that you had at a different store and what did you like that they did to solve it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't try.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were actually pretty standard! My friend that works with TJ Maxx recommended the company one day while I was there shopping so I filled out an application and came back the next day for my interview! I went through my orientation and started within the next week. The questions were pretty generic: What would you do if a customer was upset because there were two similar items and one item was more expensive than the other? What is good customer service? What are your goals?

That's one thing I really like about TJX - they seem to care about where you're headed and try to help get you there as much as possible.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult questions to answer are always the ones that start with "tell me about your weaknesses"   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiating at all - I believe you could ask for up to $0.75 more than what they initially offer you, but I wouldn't count on getting it. There are too many people willing to work for minimum wage that you probably wouldn't get offered more than that.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

They saw that I had 2 yrs exp, so an interview was scheduled 1 day after I dropped off my app., then they called 1 day after the interview to hire me and I was working in 5 days. This was great! Before xmas i was working 20-30 hrs per week, and training included knowing how to do a lot of things, not just cashiering, so it makes the team stronger so we can help everyone better. Closing shift is my favorite because they schedule to leave at 10:15, but if things are not done, we will work till 11:30 or later, thereby adding more time to our check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All of us cashiers already know that if that's your job there is NO negotiating, and if i am over 50, and half of my coworkers are under 20, they'll just skip hiring me and hire a teenager who is fine with minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2014.

Interview

Went over everything about everything basically, and stressed the idea of teamwork. Also stressed and emphasized values. A big thing was safety as well. They made sure to explain that we had to sell credit cards, watch for theft signs, and be sure to participate in team work

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I am offering you a job at $7.25. Would you like to accept?

Anonymous Employee in Pleasant Hill, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Pleasant Hill, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online at snagajob.com. About a week later I got an interview setup. They asked basic questions and work history. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• I had to watch hours of boring videos on the proper ways of talking to customers, folding towels, ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

There was group interview. It certainly helps to be honest about your past job experiences, even if you got fired or not.They honor honesty.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question for me was " What was the best customer service you eve received and where?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Farmington Hills, MI) in June 2012.

Interview

The interview process was easy, they just asked questions that related to my other jobs.