TJ Maxx

1.6

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online – interviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2014.

I had 2 interviews with tj maxx both about 10-20 minutes. the questions were easy and not to stressing. I got the job within a couple weeks i now have a orientation today!!:) idk how long it will last tho.

Interview Questions
  • What a problem that you had at a different store and what did you like that they did to solve it?   View Answer
I didn't try.

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

The hiring and interview process were actually pretty standard! My friend that works with TJ Maxx recommended the company one day while I was there shopping so I filled out an application and came back the next day for my interview! I went through my orientation and started within the next week. The questions were pretty generic: What would you do if a customer was upset because there were two similar items and one item was more expensive than the other? What is good customer service? What are your goals?

That's one thing I really like about TJX - they seem to care about where you're headed and try to help get you there as much as possible.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions to answer are always the ones that start with "tell me about your weaknesses"   Answer Question
    There isn't much room for negotiating at all - I believe you could ask for up to $0.75 more than what they initially offer you, but I wouldn't count on getting it. There are too many people willing to work for minimum wage that you probably wouldn't get offered more than that.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

They saw that I had 2 yrs exp, so an interview was scheduled 1 day after I dropped off my app., then they called 1 day after the interview to hire me and I was working in 5 days. This was great! Before xmas i was working 20-30 hrs per week, and training included knowing how to do a lot of things, not just cashiering, so it makes the team stronger so we can help everyone better. Closing shift is my favorite because they schedule to leave at 10:15, but if things are not done, we will work till 11:30 or later, thereby adding more time to our check.

Interview Questions
    All of us cashiers already know that if that's your job there is NO negotiating, and if i am over 50, and half of my coworkers are under 20, they'll just skip hiring me and hire a teenager who is fine with minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2014.

Went over everything about everything basically, and stressed the idea of teamwork. Also stressed and emphasized values. A big thing was safety as well. They made sure to explain that we had to sell credit cards, watch for theft signs, and be sure to participate in team work

Interview Questions
    I am offering you a job at $7.25. Would you like to accept?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Hill, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2013.

I applied online at snagajob.com. About a week later I got an interview setup. They asked basic questions and work history. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • I had to watch hours of boring videos on the proper ways of talking to customers, folding towels, ect.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2012.

There was group interview. It certainly helps to be honest about your past job experiences, even if you got fired or not.They honor honesty.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question for me was " What was the best customer service you eve received and where?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmington Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2012.

The interview process was easy, they just asked questions that related to my other jobs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in April 2012.

I filled out an application online and they called me in several weeks later for an interview. When I got there they made me fill out another application. I thought the manager was very rude and knew right away I didn't want to work there. It had been two years since I last worked so she kept bringing up what had I been doing and why had I gone so long without a job. She also had some kind of Mediterranean accent so it was hard to understand her.

Interview Questions
    • Why haven't you been looking for more permanent work?   View Answer
    • What do you think if you go into a restaurant and the have food crumbs on the table and garbage everywhere- what is your opinion of that place?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2011.

I was called about having an interview and I went to the store around 3:30, they were having many back to back interviews so i had to wait for a little while. Then I met with one of the three managers who basically went over my application with me and asked a few questions about that. Then I waited to see the head manager while he was finishing with another applicant, I then went and talked to him and there wasn't much to say, he just asked a few more questions and then told me I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation you've been in?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2010.

The interview process with TJMAXX was very easy and straight forward. I was called to set up a time to interview. I came in for the interview and was asked questions about previous experiences and my career goals and etc. I was called the next day being offered the job. I feel it is very easy to be hired with TJMAXX, as long as you demonstrate you are willing to work and have flexible availability you will be hired easily. The next step would be to get called in for a orientation day, which is usually 8 hours, and a plus ids that you get paid for it, and you do nothing but feel out papers and watch videos about boring stuff the whole day. The hardiest part would be staying awake. After that you choose days to come in for training, which is not really training, they basically show you a few things and then you should be good. Just catch on fast and you'll be good to go.

There wasn't any negotiating. Pay would be the only thing to negotiate, and I an tell you right now minimum wage is all that will be offered. I would suggest to say that you can only work the day shift, which is way better, night shift gets stuff with all the mess that customers from day shift left, as well as things morning shift employees didn't feel like doing.