TJ Maxx

1.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2014.

It was a two part interview. If you fill out an application online you will have to refill out an actual application. I t was a group interview, we met with the assistant managers they asked us about ourselves and showed us around the store. They said if they liked you they would give you a call for an interview with the store manager. That same day I got a call for an interview the following day. The store manager asked "why would I like to work at Tj Maxx". " What does customer service mean to you". What do you like most about customer service. Those were the only questions asked and I was hired. The process was pretty easy. Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    They start off at minimum. no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2014.

I was called over the phone for an interview after a few days of submitting my application in person. I arrive at the interview and there are other people. Obviously, it was a group interview. The HR manager introduces herself and walks us to the back office. There were 6 of us. We have a seat and then, other managers file in. They introduce themselves and then start talking about the company. We talk a tour of the store then go back to the office. They didn't ask any questions. They basically did all the talking, and at the end, said, "Okay, well you guys look like a good bunch. If we are interested in you, we'll give you a call."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Just show up. I was professionally dressed but just so you know, TJ Maxx standards are very low. If you are dressed in the typical business attire, slacks and button down or blouse and pencil skirt, you're too good for TJ's. Seriously. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question
    8.00 to everyone. $1.00 raise for merchandise coordinators, so $9. weekly pay