TJ Maxx

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

They contacted me via phone 2 weeks after turning in my application. They told me to come in for an interview. There are two rounds of interviews because they want to see how well you're able to communicate with different managers. The whole process took about 3 weeks: 2 weeks of waiting for an initial call and 2 interviews on the third week. They'll tell you if you got the job or not on the spot at the second interview.

Backroom Manager Interview

Interview with the store manager very easy questions

Organizational skill
    Work ethic
    Planning
    Type of work from previous companies and tools utilized to achieve results.

After I had the position I was quickly promoted to a key holder.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define customer service without using the word service?   View Answer
    Zero negotiations went with the offer

Buyer Development Program Interview

Applied online, got an electronic interview request where they asked you basic questions and you record your answers. Didn't move pass that phase. I thought the interviewing was very awkward.

Interview Questions
    • Have you visited one of our stores? What improvements would you recommend?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted an application. Asked to speak to one of the managers and introduced myself, told her I was looking for a job. They called me back within a week or so. The interview was very easy and relaxed. They just want to know that you are all about customer satisfaction and have a good attitude.

Backroom Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was a typical interview, it was with the manager and the assisant over the TJ side, asked the normal questions, have you worked in retail, what are your goals, where do you see youself in 5 years? My question to them was what employment or issue most concerns them?

Interview Questions
    Started for 25¢ more because of my associates degree.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

Applied at the store, had to call back to see if I had an interview, scheduled interview within a few days, store manager and assistant manager were there and asked several questions about personal life and other situational questions, got a call back within 2 days for orientation and started the next day on the job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the line got really long and we needed you to line bust?   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was pretty straight forward. Talked about what does customer service mean to you and talk about bad customer service.
    They asked what times I was available for work.
    There really wasn't any type of wage negotiation they were straight forward as to how much everyone gets paid.

Interview Questions
    There really wasn't any negotiation or at least it didn't seem like I could.
    It was minimum wage...it seems like a lot of people get hired at TJ Maxx and a lot of them quit

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

I've applied online, got a phone call 2 days later and I've been called in for an interview after 2 more days.
    The interview went well and after they verified my references, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Teamwork, good customer service, how would you handle a crisis situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online – interviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2014.

I had 2 interviews with tj maxx both about 10-20 minutes. the questions were easy and not to stressing. I got the job within a couple weeks i now have a orientation today!!:) idk how long it will last tho.

Interview Questions
    • What a problem that you had at a different store and what did you like that they did to solve it?   View Answer
    I didn't try.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2014.

First, it's the "tell me about yourself question" then you will get stuff like... what is teamwork? what is customer service? what tasks at previous jobs did you do? then deeper stuff like "when faced with a tough problem in school or work, how did you resolve it?" Then they asked why should we hire you? will you be willing to have flexibility for any position (cashier, dressing room, merchandising, etc)

Interview Questions

For how much work they are asking for, 7.50 is cheap and scraping the bottom of the bucket. nice people, but not enough pay to make it worth it.