TJ Maxx Interview Questions

2.2

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in May 2014.

Filled out the application and interviewed the same day. Follow up was good. Met with the Manager who was very straight forward and very clear on expectations for success. Had a chance for tour of the store and brief discussion with other associate after being hired.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as there are set rates

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Attended new store job fair. So many people present, had to wait long time to interview. The interview was quick and felt like I was being 'herded' through the process. I felt the interviewer did not take the time to get a feel for who I was as a prospective employee. They were basically looking for people willing to work for low wage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your average day of duties at your previous job? Why do you want to work for TJ Maxx?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2013.

Filled out an application in stores and was called in for an interview a couple days later where they told me they just needed to check with my references and get back to me. A few days after my interview I received a call saying that I was hired and asked if I could start training the next day.

Cashier Or Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

I went into the store to bring in my application i waited on line because there was no one around the store to help.when i got to the front of the line a nice lady told me to go to the other side where an obnoxious guy who didnt even bother to look at me because he was talking to someone else took my application i waited and he just kept on talking so i said thank you and he just replied with yea.i never got a call back and i doubt they even looked at my application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at TJ Maxx in August 2014.

I applied in-person and included my resume. The hiring manager was on vacation so they didn't know when she would get back to me. A week later I got a call in the morning from the hiring manager wanting to schedule an appointment for an interview. I scheduled for two days later. It was later in the afternoon of today that I went in for my interview. I went in the backroom and it was a one on one interview. I was told to sit down while I waited for the hiring manager to get her paperwork set up. The first question she asked was "Tell me about yourself". Other questions that were asked: What is customer service? What is teamwork? Why should I hire you? Are there any questions you'd like to ask me? If I told you that you had to work on shoes and get them in the right order but also had other tasks such as working the register, answering questions for customers, etc..., what would you do? After every question, she gave me insight on what was best and mostly about how customer service is the priority. The interview felt like it was going pretty well. I also had to listen to another person that was in the room and she told me how important customer service was and how I needed to be a people person and asked if I was one. The last part was wanting more than two references I had put down in the application so I had to think of another person to use as a reference. She went over how the hours would go for a part time employee and talked about orientation if I were to get the job. That was the process I went through. She called my references afterwards from what I heard from my references. I got a call an hour later after my interview asking if I was open for the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer service you had? What would you have done if you were them?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your references, what would they say about you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at TJ Maxx in January 2012.

It was in person at the store and it was quite lengthy. After filling out an application I was interviewed by the store manager who obviously had many years experience in the profession. I was asked direct questions requiring immediate thoughtful answers regarding customer service, ethics, and basic procedures I thought would progress given a set of circumstances

Interview Questions
    no negotiation. Either take it or leave it.

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

Easy hire. One interview with a management member. Basic questions. Name a good and bad customer exp you have exp in the pass. Etc. Need two verifiable references. Got a call about a month later.

none

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

applied online and heard back weeks later, the interview was as easy as ever. asked the basic questions, "what does customer service mean to you?" "what is your availability?" "can you do the basic tasks asked of this position?". really easy going but they over scheduled interviews so there was a long wait and multiple people waiting at a time. to fill one position they had 20 interviews scheduled that day. not very professional or efficient in my opinion, to have every potential interviewee sitting there with the others was uncomfortable.

Sales Associate Interview

My mom used to work here and got me an interview with the manager. They basically hired me on spot. The manager was easy to talk to and friendly.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2013.

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application

Interview Questions

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!