TJ Maxx

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.1

Backroom Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was a typical interview, it was with the manager and the assisant over the TJ side, asked the normal questions, have you worked in retail, what are your goals, where do you see youself in 5 years? My question to them was what employment or issue most concerns them?

Interview Questions
    Started for 25¢ more because of my associates degree.

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted an application. Asked to speak to one of the managers and introduced myself, told her I was looking for a job. They called me back within a week or so. The interview was very easy and relaxed. They just want to know that you are all about customer satisfaction and have a good attitude.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

Applied at the store, had to call back to see if I had an interview, scheduled interview within a few days, store manager and assistant manager were there and asked several questions about personal life and other situational questions, got a call back within 2 days for orientation and started the next day on the job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the line got really long and we needed you to line bust?   View Answer

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was pretty straight forward. Talked about what does customer service mean to you and talk about bad customer service.
    They asked what times I was available for work.
    There really wasn't any type of wage negotiation they were straight forward as to how much everyone gets paid.

Interview Questions
    There really wasn't any negotiation or at least it didn't seem like I could.
    It was minimum wage...it seems like a lot of people get hired at TJ Maxx and a lot of them quit

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

I've applied online, got a phone call 2 days later and I've been called in for an interview after 2 more days.
    The interview went well and after they verified my references, they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Teamwork, good customer service, how would you handle a crisis situation.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw, IN

I applied online – interviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2014.

I had 2 interviews with tj maxx both about 10-20 minutes. the questions were easy and not to stressing. I got the job within a couple weeks i now have a orientation today!!:) idk how long it will last tho.

Interview Questions
    • What a problem that you had at a different store and what did you like that they did to solve it?   View Answer
    I didn't try.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2014.

First, it's the "tell me about yourself question" then you will get stuff like... what is teamwork? what is customer service? what tasks at previous jobs did you do? then deeper stuff like "when faced with a tough problem in school or work, how did you resolve it?" Then they asked why should we hire you? will you be willing to have flexibility for any position (cashier, dressing room, merchandising, etc)

Interview Questions

For how much work they are asking for, 7.50 is cheap and scraping the bottom of the bucket. nice people, but not enough pay to make it worth it.

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

I put in an application via snagajob, within a week I was contacted asking if I was still interested in the position. I setup an appointment for a 1on1 interview and was asked the very standard interview questions, as well as went over pay.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

The store manager spent almost the whole interview describing TJMaxx and that he usually likes to promote from within and that this job and by the way he describe the position it gave me the impression that this was just that " a job" and how he also described retail is retail and is the same everywhere you go mentality. For that I am glad I did not get "the job". There is so much more to retail I can only hope to connect with a company with a more progressive and dynamic culture and one which I would be able to grow with and teach that there is more than retail 101.

Front End Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

The interview and hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I spoke with 2 different managers in one day. The whole process took less than a hour and they hired me on the spot.