TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.1

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

They watched work I'd done and liked it I guess. I have very good organizational skills and am a good multitasker. I'm not sure I can put a whole 50 words in this comment. As the few words referenced sums it up.

Interview Questions

• Just would that be something I'd like to try   1 Answer

Anything Available Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

pleasant but they did not abide by their hiring promise had me doing everything and anything not what I was hired to do the managers donot know how to conduct an interview it is very childish but they are so desperate in the riverhead ny store they will take on anyone that is still breathing young or old dosenot matter but no Jewish people here everyother ethnic group.

Interview Questions

• benign in fact childish the managers not well versed in conducting interviews they are so desperate for help in riverhead ny store they hire anyone and anything that is breathing.they have people coming to work reeking of pot and alcohol and don't care one bit .   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland Park, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Oakland Park, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview with 3 managers. You were split up in to groups. . It went really good. And if you get a call your second interview will be with the store manager.

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview

It was pretty easy, the manager was nice but professional. They ask you basic question during the interview. I went during open house and you get an interview that day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Three was no negotiation, I was just glad to get a job, it was my very first job.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Redlands, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a mass hire for a opening store. I was interviewed on the spot and nailed it! Of course I have over 3 years in retail experience so it was a little easier for me to answer their questions. I had a second interview with the store manager and they should be contacting me shortly!

Interview Questions

• What do you think about teamwork?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your previous experience in retail   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to juggle multiple tasks.   Answer Question
    • What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

They had me apply in person then conducted my interview there although i had full time availability they were only looking for part-time sales. It was very simple they did little to no prying and invited me to an interview the following Monday. I am still in the process of solidifying but i have the job.

Interview Questions

• What department would you work in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In process

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Cypress, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It is a group interview and they ask you some questions an then if you get through that they then ask you back for a one on one interview and as long as you speak and sound smart and are very sociable you will get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I came in and applied in person, the manager seemed to really like my flexable scheduale and asked me if im availiable to work on certain days. She said she'd call me after a few days but its been a month and I havent heard from her

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx (Miami Lakes, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online, was contacted a few days later, and I got a interview the following week. There were two managers that interviewed me. The interview went well in my opinion. The impression that I got was that I fitted the bill, but the only hindrance I may have is if there was a better candidate, but that applied to everyone. They called back within a week, and I started orientation the following week.
    This is my second time working for the company.
    The questions were overall generic and expectant. My recommendation is to do your research on both the questions AND the company. Be prepared for anything.
    They look for confidence, decent answers, and overall presentation. Have all of these qualities or more and you are set!
    Dress professional and be as flexible as you can. Good luck to you!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2015.

Interview

It was really simple. I applied online first and received a phone call within a few days of applying to make an appointment for an interview. The interview was very relaxed and the managers were really welcoming and easy to talk to. This is my first real job besides babysitting and I was really happy they offered me a position without any retail experience ( I have a lot of leadership positions though!).