TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2015
Updated Mar 27, 2015

2.1

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

They watched work I'd done and liked it I guess. I have very good organizational skills and am a good multitasker. I'm not sure I can put a whole 50 words in this comment. As the few words referenced sums it up.

Interview Questions
    • Just would that be something I'd like to try   View Answer

Anything Available Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

pleasant but they did not abide by their hiring promise had me doing everything and anything not what I was hired to do the managers donot know how to conduct an interview it is very childish but they are so desperate in the riverhead ny store they will take on anyone that is still breathing young or old dosenot matter but no Jewish people here everyother ethnic group.

Interview Questions
    • benign in fact childish the managers not well versed in conducting interviews they are so desperate for help in riverhead ny store they hire anyone and anything that is breathing.they have people coming to work reeking of pot and alcohol and don't care one bit .   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Oakland Park, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland Park, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2015.

It was a group interview with 3 managers. You were split up in to groups. . It went really good. And if you get a call your second interview will be with the store manager.

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was pretty easy, the manager was nice but professional. They ask you basic question during the interview. I went during open house and you get an interview that day.

Interview Questions
    Three was no negotiation, I was just glad to get a job, it was my very first job.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2015.

It was a mass hire for a opening store. I was interviewed on the spot and nailed it! Of course I have over 3 years in retail experience so it was a little easier for me to answer their questions. I had a second interview with the store manager and they should be contacting me shortly!

Part Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2015.

They had me apply in person then conducted my interview there although i had full time availability they were only looking for part-time sales. It was very simple they did little to no prying and invited me to an interview the following Monday. I am still in the process of solidifying but i have the job.

In process

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

I came in and applied in person, the manager seemed to really like my flexable scheduale and asked me if im availiable to work on certain days. She said she'd call me after a few days but its been a month and I havent heard from her

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2015.

I filled out an application online, was contacted a few days later, and I got a interview the following week. There were two managers that interviewed me. The interview went well in my opinion. The impression that I got was that I fitted the bill, but the only hindrance I may have is if there was a better candidate, but that applied to everyone. They called back within a week, and I started orientation the following week.
    This is my second time working for the company.
    The questions were overall generic and expectant. My recommendation is to do your research on both the questions AND the company. Be prepared for anything.
    They look for confidence, decent answers, and overall presentation. Have all of these qualities or more and you are set!
    Dress professional and be as flexible as you can. Good luck to you!

No negotiations.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

It was really simple. I applied online first and received a phone call within a few days of applying to make an appointment for an interview. The interview was very relaxed and the managers were really welcoming and easy to talk to. This is my first real job besides babysitting and I was really happy they offered me a position without any retail experience ( I have a lot of leadership positions though!).

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2015.

The interviewer was very laid back, and the questions were pretty basic for the most part. As long as you dress appropriately and respond to questions with confidence, there shouldn't be any problems.