TJ Maxx

Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.1

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was pretty easy, the manager was nice but professional. They ask you basic question during the interview. I went during open house and you get an interview that day.

Interview Questions
    Three was no negotiation, I was just glad to get a job, it was my very first job.

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

I came in and applied in person, the manager seemed to really like my flexable scheduale and asked me if im availiable to work on certain days. She said she'd call me after a few days but its been a month and I havent heard from her

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2015.

I filled out an application online, was contacted a few days later, and I got a interview the following week. There were two managers that interviewed me. The interview went well in my opinion. The impression that I got was that I fitted the bill, but the only hindrance I may have is if there was a better candidate, but that applied to everyone. They called back within a week, and I started orientation the following week.
    This is my second time working for the company.
    The questions were overall generic and expectant. My recommendation is to do your research on both the questions AND the company. Be prepared for anything.
    They look for confidence, decent answers, and overall presentation. Have all of these qualities or more and you are set!
    Dress professional and be as flexible as you can. Good luck to you!

No negotiations.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

They contacted me via phone 2 weeks after turning in my application. They told me to come in for an interview. There are two rounds of interviews because they want to see how well you're able to communicate with different managers. The whole process took about 3 weeks: 2 weeks of waiting for an initial call and 2 interviews on the third week. They'll tell you if you got the job or not on the spot at the second interview.

Backroom Manager Interview

Interview with the store manager very easy questions

Organizational skill
    Work ethic
    Planning
    Type of work from previous companies and tools utilized to achieve results.

After I had the position I was quickly promoted to a key holder.

Interview Questions
    • How would you define customer service without using the word service?   View Answer
    Zero negotiations went with the offer

Buyer Development Program Interview

Applied online, got an electronic interview request where they asked you basic questions and you record your answers. Didn't move pass that phase. I thought the interviewing was very awkward.

Interview Questions
    • Have you visited one of our stores? What improvements would you recommend?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted an application. Asked to speak to one of the managers and introduced myself, told her I was looking for a job. They called me back within a week or so. The interview was very easy and relaxed. They just want to know that you are all about customer satisfaction and have a good attitude.

Backroom Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was a typical interview, it was with the manager and the assisant over the TJ side, asked the normal questions, have you worked in retail, what are your goals, where do you see youself in 5 years? My question to them was what employment or issue most concerns them?

Interview Questions
    Started for 25¢ more because of my associates degree.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

Applied at the store, had to call back to see if I had an interview, scheduled interview within a few days, store manager and assistant manager were there and asked several questions about personal life and other situational questions, got a call back within 2 days for orientation and started the next day on the job

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the line got really long and we needed you to line bust?   View Answer

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

It was pretty straight forward. Talked about what does customer service mean to you and talk about bad customer service.
    They asked what times I was available for work.
    There really wasn't any type of wage negotiation they were straight forward as to how much everyone gets paid.

Interview Questions
    There really wasn't any negotiation or at least it didn't seem like I could.
    It was minimum wage...it seems like a lot of people get hired at TJ Maxx and a lot of them quit