TJ Maxx Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.1

Front End Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

The interview and hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I spoke with 2 different managers in one day. The whole process took less than a hour and they hired me on the spot.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2014.

Sent an application, received a call 3-4 days later asking if I could attend a group interview the next day. Went to the interview, there were 4 other people for the interview. 3 managers talked to all of us and took us around the store explaining briefly some store policies and some ideas of what we would be doing if hired. They barely asked any questions and didn't really demand an answer either. One manager told us she would call us that day if we were hired and said it was most likely because they are hiring lots of people. Was called 3 hours later and was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What inspired you to apply for TJ Maxx? (not difficult or unexpected, but the only question they asked.   Answer Question
    None, she told everyone in the interview that it was going to be 7.50/hr.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

Attended new store job fair. So many people present, had to wait long time to interview. The interview was quick and felt like I was being 'herded' through the process. I felt the interviewer did not take the time to get a feel for who I was as a prospective employee. They were basically looking for people willing to work for low wage.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your average day of duties at your previous job? Why do you want to work for TJ Maxx?   Answer Question

Cashier Or Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

I went into the store to bring in my application i waited on line because there was no one around the store to help.when i got to the front of the line a nice lady told me to go to the other side where an obnoxious guy who didnt even bother to look at me because he was talking to someone else took my application i waited and he just kept on talking so i said thank you and he just replied with yea.i never got a call back and i doubt they even looked at my application.

Merchandise/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJ Maxx.

applied online and heard back weeks later, the interview was as easy as ever. asked the basic questions, "what does customer service mean to you?" "what is your availability?" "can you do the basic tasks asked of this position?". really easy going but they over scheduled interviews so there was a long wait and multiple people waiting at a time. to fill one position they had 20 interviews scheduled that day. not very professional or efficient in my opinion, to have every potential interviewee sitting there with the others was uncomfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in August 2014.

I applied in-person and included my resume. The hiring manager was on vacation so they didn't know when she would get back to me. A week later I got a call in the morning from the hiring manager wanting to schedule an appointment for an interview. I scheduled for two days later. It was later in the afternoon of today that I went in for my interview. I went in the backroom and it was a one on one interview. I was told to sit down while I waited for the hiring manager to get her paperwork set up. The first question she asked was "Tell me about yourself". Other questions that were asked: What is customer service? What is teamwork? Why should I hire you? Are there any questions you'd like to ask me? If I told you that you had to work on shoes and get them in the right order but also had other tasks such as working the register, answering questions for customers, etc..., what would you do? After every question, she gave me insight on what was best and mostly about how customer service is the priority. The interview felt like it was going pretty well. I also had to listen to another person that was in the room and she told me how important customer service was and how I needed to be a people person and asked if I was one. The last part was wanting more than two references I had put down in the application so I had to think of another person to use as a reference. She went over how the hours would go for a part time employee and talked about orientation if I were to get the job. That was the process I went through. She called my references afterwards from what I heard from my references. I got a call an hour later after my interview asking if I was open for the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer service you had? What would you have done if you were them?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your references, what would they say about you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

My mom used to work here and got me an interview with the manager. They basically hired me on spot. The manager was easy to talk to and friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied in the store..the store manager looked over my application and talked to me about my past work experience..2 weeks later I went to follow up..went very well..was required to watch a few DVD's about the company's policies and culture during orientation..filled out the necessary paperwork, was explained the benefits to all associates..

Interview Questions
    • Be specific regarding your gaps in your employment record and what happened?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe the definition of customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

I printed off an job application, as well as my Resume and cover letter. I went to the store, turned it in, and not an hour later they called asking if I could come for an interview tomorrow. I agreed and showed up the next day at the store. They took me into the back office for the interview with two of the managers and it went really well. They asked me to tell them about myself, different situations I've been in etc... I was offered the next day for more salary than I asked and the exact amount of hours I wanted. Overall it was a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give us an example of good customer service? Bad?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

Easy hire. One interview with a management member. Basic questions. Name a good and bad customer exp you have exp in the pass. Etc. Need two verifiable references. Got a call about a month later.

none