TJ Maxx

133 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Coort Interview

Eatontown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TJ Maxx in December 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out the application for seasonal hired around Christmas time and got a phone called a couple days later for interview. I feel like if you have reference from people who work there , that would be your benefit to get a job easier. I applied for markdowns position and we spend about 15 minutes for an interview. Then a couple days later I got a phone called for orientation and started working the next day after orientation. So my process took around over a week or so.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected and difficult. Mostly about my experience with working somewhere and any experience with register or merchandise. They train you when you do orientation and start working anyway.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Cadillac, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair where they were hiring for a new store coming into town. There was no less than 50 people at the time I went to fill out my application and do the on the spot interview. There were several managers from other stores (including what was to become the management for our store) and we were told that we would hear something within about a week. I believe I was called within two days of my interview.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard: What type of work are you looking for? What was your favorite job experience? What was your least favorite? Why? Nothing too difficult for the most part but then I felt like it was a very friendly experience without the normal grilling that some do during an interview.   Answer Question

Customer Experience Coordinator (CEC) Interview

Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2010.

Interview Details – Was called for interview for part-time retail position about a week after submitting application. Waited for about 20 minutes for interviewing manager. Asked basic questions. Was asked if I would like to start as a coordinator because of my management experience and was told the pay was higher. I was expecting minimum wage as I was a stay at home mom and just looking for something to get me out if the house. I accepted the position of CEC.

Interview Question – None. They were easy. Basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Was told this is the pay you will receive.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview Details – they ask you the about how much volume you had in your other job (jobs). ( amount of money the store brings in) . they ask how you handle different interactions with employee and customers.

Negotiation Details – make sure you have proven sales track. plus coming from a big box store really helps

Backroom Coordinator Interview

Hickory, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TJ Maxx in August 2012.

Interview Details – very simple and laid back

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Loss Prevention Agent
Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. District Loss Prevention Manager called a few days later to schedule an interview for the following week. Received a job offer about a week after the interview. The company does not conduct drug tests.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very little negotiation. Every LP associate I talked to started at $10.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Findlay, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pleasant. It was nice to be able to apply in person as opposed to having to do an online application as those are awful and generally lead to nothing.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview Details – Dropped off an application in store and got a call back within three days and was in to interview within a week. It was a group interview that lasted about a hour and a half. Basic customer service questions were asked.

Interview Question – All basic customer service quesitons   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Fitting Room and Jewelry Associate Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at TJ Maxx.

Interview Details – applied in person, interview next week, second interview about a week a later with tour of store, hired, orientation and then start

Interview Question – What is your weakness   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Apex, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TJ Maxx in April 2010.

Interview Details – I went into the store and asked if they were hiring. The customer service associate working at the time immediately gave me an application and suggested that I apply right away, as they were looking to hire at the time. I sent in my application and was called in a day or two later for an "interview," which was really just my first day at work.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions because there wasn't a full interview.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJ Maxx

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJ Maxx interview questions and advice. All 133 interview reviews posted anonymously by TJ Maxx employees and interview candidates.