TJ Maxx

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.1

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

I went to a mass hiring event. Was interviewed quickly and offered a job the same day.

Interview Questions
    • There are lots of "name a time when" types of questions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase. Pay is firm but the amount of hours worked were flexible.

Merchandise Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJ Maxx in January 2014.

I put in my application with TJ Maxx and it was about a month before I got a call back. The interview itself was great, my interviewing manager was cool and down to earth. I was given a second interview within a week and it went great also, the questions were in depth and thorough. I felt like I sat down with friends and colleagues. However it was over a month before I got called back to give me the job and another couple of weeks before I started.

My goal was to at least make what I made at my last job. They only gave me 0.50 more than the original offer, however I was told I would get $0.50 after a successful 90 day review and then another raise not long after once I was promoted to key carrier.....However I've been here 5 months with only a $0.10 raise.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

There was really no process. I completed an application; I don't think the manager even looked at it. I told her I had no retail experience and she said no problem. At that point I was hired. She didn't ask anything about me.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

Took a few month to hear from a recruiter. Phone interview, then DM interview and finally SM interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your boss.   Answer Question
    I told them what I wanted and I got it.

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in December 2013.

I applied on their site, and got a call about 2 weeks later. When I came into the interview, the people at the counter had no idea what to do or who to call, even when I told them who called me for the interview. Finally, the manager came in to interview me. She was nice enough, but I could tell that she wasn't used to interviews. The interview was laid back, she asked me questions about my previous job, why I left--the usual. After the interview, she told me I would have to fill out a hard copy of the application with references and if my references check out, she would call me by the end of the week for orientation.

The questions aren't hard, they're just based on your personal experiences. If you don't have any work experience, go off of school and volunteer experience.

Interview Questions

They only offered me part time seasonal with $7.25 and as someone who has worked in retail for 5 years, I can't afford $7.25

Associate Coort Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eatontown, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx in December 2013.

I filled out the application for seasonal hired around Christmas time and got a phone called a couple days later for interview. I feel like if you have reference from people who work there , that would be your benefit to get a job easier. I applied for markdowns position and we spend about 15 minutes for an interview. Then a couple days later I got a phone called for orientation and started working the next day after orientation. So my process took around over a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected and difficult. Mostly about my experience with working somewhere and any experience with register or merchandise. They train you when you do orientation and start working anyway.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA

They were having a hiring event for a new store in yucaipa. The interview process was fairly pleasant I had to wait for at least 2-3 hours till they called my name for the interview, The person who interviewed me was very nice.Unfortunately i didn't get the job.

Customer Service Representative Interview

personal interview with HR manager

Cashiers/Loaders/Stock/Clean-up Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2013.

The interview process was one of the best interviews I have ever had. I was well organized. I gave my manager the best reasonable answer as I could possibly give.

Interview Questions
    • Describe to me a time when you had problems with your supervisor or coworkers?   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

They called and we set up an interview. After the interview I was called by the end of the week, as promised.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty basic customer service questions. Nothing hard, just google interview questions to be more prepared!   Answer Question
    There wasn't negotiation. Asked if pay was okay, if not too bad.