TJ Maxx

Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami Lakes, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in February 2015.

I filled out an application online, was contacted a few days later, and I got a interview the following week. There were two managers that interviewed me. The interview went well in my opinion. The impression that I got was that I fitted the bill, but the only hindrance I may have is if there was a better candidate, but that applied to everyone. They called back within a week, and I started orientation the following week.
This is my second time working for the company.
The questions were overall generic and expectant. My recommendation is to do your research on both the questions AND the company. Be prepared for anything.
They look for confidence, decent answers, and overall presentation. Have all of these qualities or more and you are set!
Dress professional and be as flexible as you can. Good luck to you!

No negotiations.

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

They contacted me via phone 2 weeks after turning in my application. They told me to come in for an interview. There are two rounds of interviews because they want to see how well you're able to communicate with different managers. The whole process took about 3 weeks: 2 weeks of waiting for an initial call and 2 interviews on the third week. They'll tell you if you got the job or not on the spot at the second interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted an application. Asked to speak to one of the managers and introduced myself, told her I was looking for a job. They called me back within a week or so. The interview was very easy and relaxed. They just want to know that you are all about customer satisfaction and have a good attitude.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in November 2014.

First, it's the "tell me about yourself question" then you will get stuff like... what is teamwork? what is customer service? what tasks at previous jobs did you do? then deeper stuff like "when faced with a tough problem in school or work, how did you resolve it?" Then they asked why should we hire you? will you be willing to have flexibility for any position (cashier, dressing room, merchandising, etc)

Interview Questions

For how much work they are asking for, 7.50 is cheap and scraping the bottom of the bucket. nice people, but not enough pay to make it worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Largo, FL

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2014.

good interview I really had a lot of fun and they didn't make you feel uneasy and that's not a good feeling when you go to a interview I like to have fun when I go to a interview they had little snacks for everone that's a first never been to a interview and they had snacks

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2014.

All i did was turn in the application and wait until the were hiring a few months later. I got the call to go into the interview and i simply answered questions such as "what is customer service" and "how did you deal with an irate customer." very simple questions that don't really require much thought if the individual has gone through a few interviews in their lifetime. Just basically show that you are very sociable and willing to learn and that you are a hard worker and you basically got the gig. One thing i recommend is turning in the application in person, because they will not consider any application turned in online.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with an irate customer?   View Answer

I had gotten an offer from another employer sooner.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in August 2014.

I applied in-person and included my resume. The hiring manager was on vacation so they didn't know when she would get back to me. A week later I got a call in the morning from the hiring manager wanting to schedule an appointment for an interview. I scheduled for two days later. It was later in the afternoon of today that I went in for my interview. I went in the backroom and it was a one on one interview. I was told to sit down while I waited for the hiring manager to get her paperwork set up. The first question she asked was "Tell me about yourself". Other questions that were asked: What is customer service? What is teamwork? Why should I hire you? Are there any questions you'd like to ask me? If I told you that you had to work on shoes and get them in the right order but also had other tasks such as working the register, answering questions for customers, etc..., what would you do? After every question, she gave me insight on what was best and mostly about how customer service is the priority. The interview felt like it was going pretty well. I also had to listen to another person that was in the room and she told me how important customer service was and how I needed to be a people person and asked if I was one. The last part was wanting more than two references I had put down in the application so I had to think of another person to use as a reference. She went over how the hours would go for a part time employee and talked about orientation if I were to get the job. That was the process I went through. She called my references afterwards from what I heard from my references. I got a call an hour later after my interview asking if I was open for the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • What was the worst customer service you had? What would you have done if you were them?   Answer Question
    • If I were to call your references, what would they say about you?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

My mom used to work here and got me an interview with the manager. They basically hired me on spot. The manager was easy to talk to and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • When you think of TJ Maxx, what comes to mind?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Applied in the store..the store manager looked over my application and talked to me about my past work experience..2 weeks later I went to follow up..went very well..was required to watch a few DVD's about the company's policies and culture during orientation..filled out the necessary paperwork, was explained the benefits to all associates..

Interview Questions
    • Be specific regarding your gaps in your employment record and what happened?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe the definition of customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

I printed off an job application, as well as my Resume and cover letter. I went to the store, turned it in, and not an hour later they called asking if I could come for an interview tomorrow. I agreed and showed up the next day at the store. They took me into the back office for the interview with two of the managers and it went really well. They asked me to tell them about myself, different situations I've been in etc... I was offered the next day for more salary than I asked and the exact amount of hours I wanted. Overall it was a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give us an example of good customer service? Bad?   Answer Question