TJ Maxx

Average Difficulty
47 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview Details – Applied in the store..the store manager looked over my application and talked to me about my past work experience..2 weeks later I went to follow up..went very well..was required to watch a few DVD's about the company's policies and culture during orientation..filled out the necessary paperwork, was explained the benefits to all associates..

Interview Questions

Cheyenne, WY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called in a week later to come in for a group interview. Basically all we did was learn about the company, TJX rewards cards, and customer interaction. The manager set up times for us to come in for individual interviews and I was scheduled to come in two days later.

Interview Question – I had to tell the manager about the TJX rewards cards as if she were a customer.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was buying something at the registers and asked if they were hiring. One of the managers happened to hear me and had me fill an application on the spot and an interview about 15 mins later. Tell them some of your achievements and its also good to say you shop at that store or other TJX stores often. Having customer service experience is a plus. My managers were very cool/laid back. Ask for a manager when you turn in an application.

Interview Question – They asked me about the gap in my work history/why I wasn't working now.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It's minimum wage. But I believe every year you get like a performance review and your wage can go up some but not significantly.

Roswell, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer met with me within a week and quickly hired me. There was an informal interview with only the assistant manager present. Short training- about 2 hours. She didn't ask me many questions- mainly was gauging my ability to effectively communicate and seemed eager to hire simply based on my customer service ability.

Interview Question – Why I wanted to work in retail?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was called over the phone for an interview after a few days of submitting my application in person. I arrive at the interview and there are other people. Obviously, it was a group interview. The HR manager introduces herself and walks us to the back office. There were 6 of us. We have a seat and then, other managers file in. They introduce themselves and then start talking about the company. We talk a tour of the store then go back to the office. They didn't ask any questions. They basically did all the talking, and at the end, said, "Okay, well you guys look like a good bunch. If we are interested in you, we'll give you a call."

Interview Question – Nothing. Just show up. I was professionally dressed but just so you know, TJ Maxx standards are very low. If you are dressed in the typical business attire, slacks and button down or blouse and pencil skirt, you're too good for TJ's. Seriously. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 8.00 to everyone. $1.00 raise for merchandise coordinators, so $9. weekly pay

Chesterfield, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2012.

Interview Details – The manager takes you to the office and will ask you a series of questions about retail, customer service and things along those lines. Will ask you why you want the job and why they should choose you over another candidates who have applied. Just be confidence and honest with your answers and always look the manager or interviewer in the eye and be honest with your responses, it is not that hard. Just be honest and you will get hired and it is a great job to have.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for TJ MAXX Company?   Answer Question

Cadillac, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2013.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair where they were hiring for a new store coming into town. There was no less than 50 people at the time I went to fill out my application and do the on the spot interview. There were several managers from other stores (including what was to become the management for our store) and we were told that we would hear something within about a week. I believe I was called within two days of my interview.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard: What type of work are you looking for? What was your favorite job experience? What was your least favorite? Why? Nothing too difficult for the most part but then I felt like it was a very friendly experience without the normal grilling that some do during an interview.   Answer Question

Findlay, OH

I applied in-person - interviewed at TJ Maxx in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pleasant. It was nice to be able to apply in person as opposed to having to do an online application as those are awful and generally lead to nothing.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Interviewed at TJ Maxx

Interview Details – I did an application late at night and was called in for an interview the next day. The interview was short and sweet, but unprofessional. I was called shortly after leaving and offered the position.

Interview Question – I was asked to sell the interviewer a pen.   View Answer

Frisco, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview: you are asked basic retail questions like "what do customer service mean to you?" As long as you're comfortable, enthusiastic and answer a lot of questions the managers will really like you.

Interview Question – Just specific questions about the company; do your research!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none unfortunately m I didn't know how much I would make until my first day.

Worked for TJ Maxx? Contribute to the Community!