TJ Maxx Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.1

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in August 2014.

I applied in-person and included my resume. The hiring manager was on vacation so they didn't know when she would get back to me. A week later I got a call in the morning from the hiring manager wanting to schedule an appointment for an interview. I scheduled for two days later. It was later in the afternoon of today that I went in for my interview. I went in the backroom and it was a one on one interview. I was told to sit down while I waited for the hiring manager to get her paperwork set up. The first question she asked was "Tell me about yourself". Other questions that were asked: What is customer service? What is teamwork? Why should I hire you? Are there any questions you'd like to ask me? If I told you that you had to work on shoes and get them in the right order but also had other tasks such as working the register, answering questions for customers, etc..., what would you do? After every question, she gave me insight on what was best and mostly about how customer service is the priority. The interview felt like it was going pretty well. I also had to listen to another person that was in the room and she told me how important customer service was and how I needed to be a people person and asked if I was one. The last part was wanting more than two references I had put down in the application so I had to think of another person to use as a reference. She went over how the hours would go for a part time employee and talked about orientation if I were to get the job. That was the process I went through. She called my references afterwards from what I heard from my references. I got a call an hour later after my interview asking if I was open for the job. I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • What was the worst customer service you had? What would you have done if you were them?   Answer Question
  • If I were to call your references, what would they say about you?   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for TJ Maxx

Sales Associate Interview

My mom used to work here and got me an interview with the manager. They basically hired me on spot. The manager was easy to talk to and friendly.

Sales Associate Interview

Applied in the store..the store manager looked over my application and talked to me about my past work experience..2 weeks later I went to follow up..went very well..was required to watch a few DVD's about the company's policies and culture during orientation..filled out the necessary paperwork, was explained the benefits to all associates..

Interview Questions
    • Be specific regarding your gaps in your employment record and what happened?   Answer Question
    • Briefly describe the definition of customer service   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in July 2014.

I printed off an job application, as well as my Resume and cover letter. I went to the store, turned it in, and not an hour later they called asking if I could come for an interview tomorrow. I agreed and showed up the next day at the store. They took me into the back office for the interview with two of the managers and it went really well. They asked me to tell them about myself, different situations I've been in etc... I was offered the next day for more salary than I asked and the exact amount of hours I wanted. Overall it was a good interview.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give us an example of good customer service? Bad?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheyenne, WY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx in June 2014.

I applied online and was called in a week later to come in for a group interview. Basically all we did was learn about the company, TJX rewards cards, and customer interaction. The manager set up times for us to come in for individual interviews and I was scheduled to come in two days later.

Interview Questions
    • I had to tell the manager about the TJX rewards cards as if she were a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJ Maxx in March 2014.

I was called over the phone for an interview after a few days of submitting my application in person. I arrive at the interview and there are other people. Obviously, it was a group interview. The HR manager introduces herself and walks us to the back office. There were 6 of us. We have a seat and then, other managers file in. They introduce themselves and then start talking about the company. We talk a tour of the store then go back to the office. They didn't ask any questions. They basically did all the talking, and at the end, said, "Okay, well you guys look like a good bunch. If we are interested in you, we'll give you a call."

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. Just show up. I was professionally dressed but just so you know, TJ Maxx standards are very low. If you are dressed in the typical business attire, slacks and button down or blouse and pencil skirt, you're too good for TJ's. Seriously. Look elsewhere.   Answer Question
    8.00 to everyone. $1.00 raise for merchandise coordinators, so $9. weekly pay

Sales Associate Interview

I did an application late at night and was called in for an interview the next day. The interview was short and sweet, but unprofessional. I was called shortly after leaving and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to sell the interviewer a pen.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJ Maxx.

There was really no process. I completed an application; I don't think the manager even looked at it. I told her I had no retail experience and she said no problem. At that point I was hired. She didn't ask anything about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yucaipa, CA

They were having a hiring event for a new store in yucaipa. The interview process was fairly pleasant I had to wait for at least 2-3 hours till they called my name for the interview, The person who interviewed me was very nice.Unfortunately i didn't get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJ Maxx in September 2013.

Filled out an application in stores and was called in for an interview a couple days later where they told me they just needed to check with my references and get back to me. A few days after my interview I received a call saying that I was hired and asked if I could start training the next day.