TJX Companies Allocation Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

3.3

Allocation Analyst Interview

Interview

The hiring process was 3 pronged: computer assessments, group assessment and home office interviews. I would say the most challenging portion was the home office interviews, simply for the fact that it is speed dating style. You may interview with 3-5 people, which can be very tiring if you do t have your wheaties prior to.

Interview Questions

• What is a market that you feel we haven't explored yet and why do you think it would be beneficial?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, everyone starts with the same salary.

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

First, you had to take an online HireVue interview. Very awkward. There are 9 questions and you have 30 seconds to decide on an answer. When the 30 seconds are up, it starts recording you. Answers were focused on the position more than general interview questions.
    After that, I had Assessment Day. This was a LONG day. You shadow an analyst, have lunch, and then you have a data analysis problem. You have 30 min to work on it alone. After that, you and your group discuss and come to an agreement, while recruiters watch and take notes.
    After that, you have 3 interviews, back to back.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to be analytical.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you used resourcefulness to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I planned to negotiate, but was offered the amount I wanted.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA).

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter and applied through University career link. Within a week, I got an email to complete a virtual interview within 3 business days. The 9 questions were pretty straightforward including basic questions about what the job entails, one math questions, and a couple behavioral questions. Just completed the virtual interview so I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions

• If you were an allocation analyst and a product was not doing so well, why could this be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for the merchandising development program in the fall semester of my senior year for the allocation analyst entry level position. I applied online, received a hireview video interview, and then moved on to the on campus realistic job preview group interview. From here I was invited to the corporate office, received a tour, lunch, info session with current analysts, and then had 3 interviews with various HR recruiters. I received my offer within 1 week of my interview. I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Realistic job preview allocation assignment   1 Answer
    • What can be improved in TJX store? Department etc. that you think needs to be better   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Standard company policy.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

You will first start with a video interview if your application is received well. That is pre-recorded and will be sent in. Then they will invite you to participate in a Assessment Day. They will cover travel and room and board. Once there, they will introduce you to the company, do a mock data testing where you allocate jackets to different stores, you will share and develop a strategy with a small group of other interviewees, interview with three different people, then tour the building, have lunch, and shadow an analyst. Overall, it is low stress and the people there are very nice.

Interview Questions

• We can tell that you are interested in fashion, trends, and the industry, are you sure you would like a job that is only numbers?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume through website, then had a video-recorded interview, then final round interview at TJX headquarters in Framingham, MA. The first round was easy and behavioral based, asking you about leadership, analytical skills scenario, etc. The final round was a full day beginning with job shadow of a current allocation analyst, then a case analysis question, then a group case analysis, then 3 rounds of one on one interviews. I was asked a lot of questions about my experience in merchandising, most specifically my internship -- they went very in-depth with my resume about that. It was overall very pleasant, and I got along really well with my interviewers. They really emphasize relationship building, communication, leadership, and analytical skills.

Interview Questions

• Why did your previous employer (internship) not extend you a job offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very long, the HR process could be greatly improved. Always took a very long time to get back. The interview was overwhelming as it was in a group. The job shadow was the most helpful as they actually showed you what you would be doing.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Come in with an understanding of how to provide a shipping a strategy. i.e. If you are asked to ship raincoats, think about the location as to where you are shipping them to, time of year, customer base, how many you would like to have in an average store, how many are currently in stores. If you can answer all this during your mock strategies, they will think you are a star!

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the role of an Allocation Analyst?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes. I inquired about a possibility of a higher salary and they raised it by $2,000 but said no higher than that.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in November 2012.

Interview

They flew me up to Boston for the interview, put me up in a hotel and provided all transportation. The interview was broken up into two sections, before lunch we were given a tour of the campus and then we had a lunch and went into the interview process. I had 10 different separate interviews with different people. It was difficult at first but after the first two I got the hang of it and I though I did really well on the remaining interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

At the HQ office
    Breakfast
    Individual assessment
    Group assessment
    Group assessment #2
    Lunch
    Interviews with 2 HR people
    Job shadow

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to solve a problem at work   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation is difficult but possible.