TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Very disorganized interview process. It started strong with a 30 minute preliminary phone screening interview.

The next step was a day on on-site interviews with multiple interviewers. I was informed that whoever conducted my initial phone screening was out of office and never passed along any notes of the interview, so an HR rep had to give me the exact same 30 minute interview again. All the questions were exactly the same. I was also told to fill out a comprehensive employment form, however, the HR interviewer then proceeded to ask me very basic questions, even though all my information was right in front of her on the employment forms in her hand. Overall, extremely redundant and a waste of time.

An HR coordinator brought me from interviewer to interviewer. The HR coordinator was a bit odd and shared some personal anecdotes; I'm sure she was trying to be nice to it bordered on oversharing. After 4+ hours of interviews, I was never offered water or a bathroom break. The case questions were basic and mostly centered around logistics and "why retail?"

The overall interview process was so disorganized, particularly given that this is a large, established corporation. It made me question the organization and environment of the company as a whole and I really lost any desire to work for the company.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in the Retail industry?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interview process was just too disorganized.

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!