TJX Companies

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

CMTP

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through my college and got contacted to do a one way interview where they asked about 6-7 questions. I recorded my answers & got an email about a week later getting invited to the second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What was a project you had to work on & the strategy used to implement it.   Answer Question

CMTP

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in April 2012.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career center but had to apply through their corporate website too. I met the recruiters at a career fair and after submitting my materials online and passing the retail/personality test, I got an email for an online interview. They use this system where you record yourself saying the interview answers, and it's timed. It's a little stressful since it's timed but not that bad at all. After that I got an email invitation to the on-campus interview. It was a group of about 8 students, and the whole recruiting team came. They were all really nice and seemed like a fun group that I would have loved working with. They gave a short presentation about TJX and the program then gave us the famous allocation exercise to do. We did it by ourselves when they left, then they came back after 20 minutes and we had to discuss how we would allocate the merchandise with them in the room. I unfortunately read the sales data a bit backwards, getting my gains and losses confused, though I did understand the concept, especially as someone who had never had retail experience or merchandising experience. They said that we would hear back by the end of the week but I never did, though I contacted them twice a week later then 2 weeks later to inquire about my status. A little sad that I didn't get it, especially since they were making us do stuff that most of us had never done and that we would have been trained on in the program anyway--seems kind of backwards. Also the team is great and I would've loved working with them. Kind of rude that they couldn't email candidates even if they weren't chosen, though.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What do you know about TJX/the CMTP?   Answer Question
  • Explain your reasoning for allocating this merchandise...   Answer Question

CMTP

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2012.

Interview Details – First round was an online interview. Second was an assessment test taken on campus by a team from TJX

Interview Question – The assessment consisted of allocation of X amount of clothing to Y number of stores. Once done with it we were asked to discuss it as a team and come up with allocations as a team.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies CMTP interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees and interview candidates.