TJX Companies

www.tjx.com

TJX Companies Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jun 9, 2014

Average Difficulty
24 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – First interview was an online video recording, which was somewhat awkward, but convenient enough to complete. The second interview was a day-long process which included a set of three interviews by three different HR employees. The people were very nice, however I did not like that all three interviewers asked the exact same questions verbatim. Make the process somewhat awkward, because I was not sure whether it was best to answer with my best answer three times, or to respond differently.

Interview Question – A case study was presented to the group of candidates and was asked to allocate merchandise among different areas, and directions included guidelines and rules. Following this was a group discussion and evaluation, all of which was sat in on by HR reps.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I applied online and the first step is to fill out a personality survey and a kind of math quiz. After that I was notified by a recruiter that I was being moved to the next step which was a one-way interview through Hireview. This consisted of 6 questions that you had 3 minutes each to answer. A few weeks after that I was contacted and told that I was through to the final phase which was an assessment day located at the headquarters. This consisted of a short presentation then a job shadow. After lunch we did an allocation exercise, which you had to complete alone and then come to a group decision. After that we had 3 interviews with recruiters.

Interview Question – Not super difficult questions, mostly behavioral, ex. tell me about a time you were creative. The hardest part was doing the interviews at the end of the day, it was definitely an exhausting day!   Answer Question

Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through my school's career website, and on TJX's website as well. Took a 15 minute online test about personality and mathematical questions. Passed that which got me a online interview. Consisted of 7 questions.

Interview Question – 1. What interests you about the CMTP 2. name a time you had to use your analysis skills 3. where else are you interviewing   Answer Question

Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – There is an online interview process where you record your answers into the camera. Then there was a group interview where you analyze data about allocating jackets to different stores. You have to come to a group agreement. They are looking for a leader that is not to talkative but is assertive. Then I got invited to the final round which is at there corporate headquarters in framingham. It was a job shadow and 4 rounds of interviews with HR reps.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Submitted through campus, then had a video interview where they asked several questions, then had an on campus interview which was a group interview. Overall okay interview process except not much one-on-one time before the final round. Friendly recruiters, pretty easy process

Next step they fly you to their corporate headquarters for final rounds

Interview Question – Why TJX? Name a time when you had to use analyze data.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I applied for the internship though campus recruitment. I went to an information session they held, and they liked me enough to set up a video interview for me (one way interview). After that I went in for a group interview where we were each given data to analyze, and we would discuss it with one of the senior representatives. After that they put us in a large group to have us discuss our findings together, mostly to test our team work capabilities.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you had an unpopular opinion and tried to push it through.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Met a recruiter on campus at an information session. Then continued to followup with the recruiter up until the on campus Career Fair where I talked to him again, along with a woman who had started in the Corporate Merchandise Training Program.

I was invited to do an online interview where I answered questions and was recorded. I followed up with the recruiter about how I hope it went well and then a day later, I was invited to interview on campus in a group interview.

Sat around a table with fellow peers and had to allocate jackets to different stores and answer some questions. After, we all had to talk as a group to allocate the jackets.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult-you have to be outspoken at the group interview, but not too outspoken.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Five interviews with variou HR management. Data analysis test.

Interview Question – What differentiates you from other applicants?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2012.

Interview Details – • Explain a time where you had to use analytical skills to solve a problem.
• Explain a time where you had to use negotiating skills to solve a problem.
• Why do you want to work for TJX?
• what do you know about CMPT program?
• How do you use analysis on a daily basis? Or describe a situation where you used analysis to solve a problem.

Interview Question – • How would you describe the TJX business model?   Answer Question

Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2012.

Interview Details – Learned about the position through a campus job fair. Submitted my resume through my school career center. Was contacted a few days later via email for a on-campus interview/assessment exam.

The first interview/assessment exam was an individual/group activity which consisted of about five merchandise analysis questions. You were asked to answer individually and then asked to reveal your answers and deliberate with the group to present the interviewers with one answer all within ten minutes.
In my group I noticed that they were looking for someone who is assertive and will lead the deliberation and manage the time wisely.

I was then emailed two days later with an offer for an interview with other HR recruiters at the TJX Headquarters located in Framingham, MA expenses paid (hotel, car service, breakfast and lunch at the HQ)

The day of the one-on-one interview we met the rest of the candidates and later found out that we each would interview with 5 HR recruiters back to back. The interviews were approximately 20 minutes and consisted of mostly the same questions but each recruiter varied the order and some threw in new questions.
The questions were all scenario based. I had one recruiter actually time my answers due to the limited 20 minute interview. If i was too short on my answer, she would ask for more details and if my answer was lengthy, I was cut off. That was my first interview of the bunch and was the most intense. The rest were a bit more relaxed but the questions were basically the same and not rushed. The very last interview was the easiest as the recruiter was the one I had initially met at my college and basically consisted of why I would be able to relocate to MA.

All candidates were contacted 2 weeks after and were either offered or denied an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed.

Tell me about a time when you used your analyst skills.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!