Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies
- Sales Associate (25)
- Allocation Analyst (22)
- Corporate Merchandise Training Program (20)
- Intern (9)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (7)
- Merchandising Development Program (6)
- Assistant Store Manager (5)
- Merchandise Associate (5)
- Senior Financial Analyst (4)
- Corporate Merchandising Training Program (4)
- CMTP (3)
- Merchandise Assistant (3)
- Buying (3)
- Associate (3)
- Internship (2)
- Senior Technical Analyst (2)
- Buying Intern (2)
- Cashier (2)
- Merchandising Assistant (2)
- Merchandising (2)
- Assistant Manager (2)
- Store Manager (2)
- Finance (2)
- Investigator (2)
- Distribution Center Supervisor (2)
- District Manager (2)
- Merchandise Development Program (2)
- Corporate Merchandising Internship (2)
- Business Analyst (2)
- Loss Prevention Detective (2)
Corporate Merchandising Internship Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days – interviewed at TJX Companies.
I applied via my university's careers database and was contacted for an on-campus group interview. The group interview consisted of about 8 people and the time was broken into 3 sections: 1) short TJX presentation about the company. job positions, and internship 2) individually analyzing data and making allocation recommendations 3) coming together as a group to discuss our decisions and coming to a group consensus. I was the only person applying to the internship in my group (everyone else was applying for a full time job), so this portion of our application process was the same.
Internship applicants may be contacted for a final interview at TJX's home office in Framingham, MA.
- Explain a time when you had to use your negotiation skills and what was the outcome? Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
I'm still in the process of interviewing and have not officially received an offer yet.
Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies
Corporate Merchandising Internship InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at TJX Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.
Great accommodations (flight, hotel, car, meals). Interview process could have been more formal but really showed the company culture as relaxed and down-to-earth. I wore a full on business suit while the interviewers and other interviewees were much more casual but it was better safe than sorry to me. Started with tour then 5 back-to-back interviews which was exhausting and I believe it showed in my responses towards the end.
- Tell me about a time you pushed a product through. Answer Question