TJX Companies Corporate Merchandising Training Program Interview Questions

Updated Jun 9, 2014

3.4

24 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied online and the first step is to fill out a personality survey and a kind of math quiz. After that I was notified by a recruiter that I was being moved to the next step which was a one-way interview through Hireview. This consisted of 6 questions that you had 3 minutes each to answer. A few weeks after that I was contacted and told that I was through to the final phase which was an assessment day located at the headquarters. This consisted of a short presentation then a job shadow. After lunch we did an allocation exercise, which you had to complete alone and then come to a group decision. After that we had 3 interviews with recruiters.

Interview Questions
  • Not super difficult questions, mostly behavioral, ex. tell me about a time you were creative. The hardest part was doing the interviews at the end of the day, it was definitely an exhausting day!   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Submitted my resume through my school's career website, and on TJX's website as well. Took a 15 minute online test about personality and mathematical questions. Passed that which got me a online interview. Consisted of 7 questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What interests you about the CMTP 2. name a time you had to use your analysis skills 3. where else are you interviewing   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Submitted through campus, then had a video interview where they asked several questions, then had an on campus interview which was a group interview. Overall okay interview process except not much one-on-one time before the final round. Friendly recruiters, pretty easy process

Next step they fly you to their corporate headquarters for final rounds

Interview Questions
    • Why TJX? Name a time when you had to use analyze data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

There is an online interview process where you record your answers into the camera. Then there was a group interview where you analyze data about allocating jackets to different stores. You have to come to a group agreement. They are looking for a leader that is not to talkative but is assertive. Then I got invited to the final round which is at there corporate headquarters in framingham. It was a job shadow and 4 rounds of interviews with HR reps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

First interview was an online video recording, which was somewhat awkward, but convenient enough to complete. The second interview was a day-long process which included a set of three interviews by three different HR employees. The people were very nice, however I did not like that all three interviewers asked the exact same questions verbatim. Make the process somewhat awkward, because I was not sure whether it was best to answer with my best answer three times, or to respond differently.

Interview Questions
    • A case study was presented to the group of candidates and was asked to allocate merchandise among different areas, and directions included guidelines and rules. Following this was a group discussion and evaluation, all of which was sat in on by HR reps.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied for the internship though campus recruitment. I went to an information session they held, and they liked me enough to set up a video interview for me (one way interview). After that I went in for a group interview where we were each given data to analyze, and we would discuss it with one of the senior representatives. After that they put us in a large group to have us discuss our findings together, mostly to test our team work capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had an unpopular opinion and tried to push it through.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Met a recruiter on campus at an information session. Then continued to followup with the recruiter up until the on campus Career Fair where I talked to him again, along with a woman who had started in the Corporate Merchandise Training Program.

I was invited to do an online interview where I answered questions and was recorded. I followed up with the recruiter about how I hope it went well and then a day later, I was invited to interview on campus in a group interview.

Sat around a table with fellow peers and had to allocate jackets to different stores and answer some questions. After, we all had to talk as a group to allocate the jackets.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult-you have to be outspoken at the group interview, but not too outspoken.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Five interviews with variou HR management. Data analysis test.

No negotiation

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2012.

• Explain a time where you had to use analytical skills to solve a problem.
    • Explain a time where you had to use negotiating skills to solve a problem.
    • Why do you want to work for TJX?
    • what do you know about CMPT program?
    • How do you use analysis on a daily basis? Or describe a situation where you used analysis to solve a problem.

Corporate Merchandising Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in July 2012.

The interview process was a bit intimidating though well done on the part of TJX. You can tell they have been working out this process for years and have found a system that works best for them.

After doing an online interview through Hirevue, which consisted of 4-6 basic interview questions, I was reached via e-mail a couple of weeks later to interview at headquarters in Framingham, MA

They send you an itinerary of the day, and I was surprised to see that the day would start and 8am and end around 3pm. Upon arrival, you are seated in a room with your fellow interviewers and HR people of the day. We got a brief orientation and then delved right into the Data Analysis exercise which was intimidating at first, but once taking my time and reading through it came together. We are then set to discuss the exercise with our peers. This was an exciting part to see how people came to their conclusion. My advice is to speak up and connect during this portion, even if you are unsure of the outcome.

We were then sent to do 5 20 minute one-on-one interviews with different HR people. I found this to be a good part of the day. The HR team was very friendly. Though on your 4th and 5th interview you are finding the questions to be redundant. Keep on giving your best answer even if it is the same from previous interviews.

We were then given a peroson who works within TJX in the program to 'shadow' and ask questions about their feelings of the company. And then a tour.

Overall, semi-intense... but well set up process.

Interview Questions
    • When have you used analysis in your work and or school life to solve a problem?   Answer Question
    There was not much of a negotiation coming in... they had a set salary to start in the program which i believe to be fair.

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!