TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Distribution Center Supervisor Interview

Distribution Center Supervisor
Bloomfield, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was a open house/job fair onsite. I was impressed with the facility. very nice and organized. Employees are very knowledgeable and very friendly. After a quick 5 to 10 minute tour i was brought to a conference room and waited. I then talked to the Supervisor or HR, then a AOM, and then the Manager of HR. After that it was lunch and they released me due to no one being around. All the people i meet were friendly and very helpful. Nothing unexpected was asked. Mostly asked about my Supervision experience and if i had dealt with Unions.

Interview Question – How does your military experience prepare you for working with us?   Answer Question

Distribution Center Supervisor Interview

Distribution Center Supervisor
Tolleson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2012.

Interview Details – Received an initial phone call from HR who conducted an informal phone interview. Was asked basic supervisory experience questions. Asked how I handled an employee who failed to meet company policy or production standards in the past. Phone interview was followed up by a face-to-face progressive interview about 4 days later. The in-person interview process took 3 1/2 hours and consisted of meeting with 5 different interviewers one-on-one and a facility tour. Interviewed on a Thursday and received a phone call/offer by noon the following Monday.

Interview Question – No extremely difficult questions. They all focused on past supervisory experiences and program/project management. Also asked if I had experience with Lean and 6 Sigma. Not being a green/black belt didn't hurt me but I think it helped that I had been part of several Lean/6 Sigma events.   Answer Question

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!