TJX Companies Interview Questions in Framingham, MA

Updated Jul 2, 2014

43 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2014.

I applied via LinkedIn for an IR role but they were close to extending an offer to a candidate already in process. However, several days later recruiting emailed me to set up a phone call to talk about a couple of other finance roles as they liked my academic and professional background. I was really impressed with the TJX recruiter as she was very detailed in explaining the culture of TJX ("we're nerds about work and think about it over the weekend") and drilling down into my experience. She said that I'd likely be a good fit at the end of the call and 1.5 wks later they emailed me to schedule an on-site visit.

The visit consisted of four 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews, mostly about my previous experience. I learned that TJX fosters an internal networking culture so coffee chats and lunches are highly encouraged. Due to a series of flight delays and cancellations, I ended up staying the night at a hotel by Logan and their travel agent was very helpful in arranging my unplanned accommodations. I received an expense reimbursement for all of my T&E costs within 4 weeks. I have recently traveled for other interviews and some companies have taken longer to mail a check or provided only partial reimbursement.

Interview Questions
    • What are examples of fixed and variable costs associated with our business?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

First interview was an online video recording, which was somewhat awkward, but convenient enough to complete. The second interview was a day-long process which included a set of three interviews by three different HR employees. The people were very nice, however I did not like that all three interviewers asked the exact same questions verbatim. Make the process somewhat awkward, because I was not sure whether it was best to answer with my best answer three times, or to respond differently.

Interview Questions
    • A case study was presented to the group of candidates and was asked to allocate merchandise among different areas, and directions included guidelines and rules. Following this was a group discussion and evaluation, all of which was sat in on by HR reps.   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Very long, the HR process could be greatly improved. Always took a very long time to get back. The interview was overwhelming as it was in a group. The job shadow was the most helpful as they actually showed you what you would be doing.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

You will first start with a video interview if your application is received well. That is pre-recorded and will be sent in. Then they will invite you to participate in a Assessment Day. They will cover travel and room and board. Once there, they will introduce you to the company, do a mock data testing where you allocate jackets to different stores, you will share and develop a strategy with a small group of other interviewees, interview with three different people, then tour the building, have lunch, and shadow an analyst. Overall, it is low stress and the people there are very nice.

Interview Questions
    • We can tell that you are interested in fashion, trends, and the industry, are you sure you would like a job that is only numbers?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

Experience, communication skills, excel and analytical skills

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2014.

HR contacted me soon after applying for the position and set up a phone interview. Afterwards, they quickly set up a in-person interview. The HR staff was friendly, organized and available to answer questions. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews, one with the HR consultant and four with the senior managers of the team. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and offered me water.

Interview Questions
    • - Walk me through how you set up and complete a project from start to finish
      - Why do you want to move into the retail space?
      - Provide one recommendation for the team
        Answer Question

Merchandise Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2014.

I applied online through my university's career website. I then received an email for the first round of interviews, which happened to be a one-way interview on hirevue. This portion was a little awkward. It is basically a skype interview, but you're not having a conversation with another individual; you're just being recorded. These questions were very basic though. They just want to get a general sense of who you are. Then, 3 days later I received an email asking me to fly to their headquarters for a day consisting of a group allocation analysis, an office tour, and 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest contribution to your last job?
      Why do you want to work at TJX?
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TJX Companies.

video interview, group project, then multiple interviews at Framingham headquarters

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Submitted my resume through my school's career website, and on TJX's website as well. Took a 15 minute online test about personality and mathematical questions. Passed that which got me a online interview. Consisted of 7 questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What interests you about the CMTP 2. name a time you had to use your analysis skills 3. where else are you interviewing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

There is an online interview process where you record your answers into the camera. Then there was a group interview where you analyze data about allocating jackets to different stores. You have to come to a group agreement. They are looking for a leader that is not to talkative but is assertive. Then I got invited to the final round which is at there corporate headquarters in framingham. It was a job shadow and 4 rounds of interviews with HR reps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!