TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.7

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Interview was very long and unstructured. Although they did ask basic questions, there were a few oddballs thrown in. It was not difficult. There were several interviews that took place. References were called and overall it just seemed to be a very basic process.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview was informal. Once I arrived the manager took me into the back office to sit and chat. It lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were very vague and focused on past retail experience, as well as availability, the hours I wanted to work, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite and least favorite things about working in retail   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies (Ocala, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my application and got a call from the manager 1 hour later ask me to come in the next day for an interview. The manager was very nice and friendly, interview went for about 15 minutes, very basic questions. She was very interested and wanted to check my references before i can come for training class/orientation day. I got offered the job 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? what is team work? what is customer service? Tell me if you have ever had an upset customer and how did you handle it? your salary expectation? your availability? what position are you interested in? what do you love most about working in retail?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted (by phone) about 2 weeks later by a recruiter. The conversation was good and he told me he wanted to set me up with a phone call with the hiring manager. He specifically said, "it sounds like you'd be a great fit and I'd like for you to have a call with the hiring manager. At my company, I am a hiring manager. It's fine to tell people what the next step in the process would be, but I don't think you should tell them you're going to have them move to the next step if you have no intention of doing so. 2.5 weeks went by with no word from the recruiter. I left a VM, no feedback. 3 weeks after that I got a system generated email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and experience that related to the position. There were no difficult questions or scenarios presented.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a 30 minute phone interview a few days later with a recruiter. A few weeks went by before I was contacted for an in-person interview at the office. Interview was with the recruiter for 30 minutes, then 30 minutes each with 3 other employees. I was asked a few hours later to provide my references and given a formal offer the next day.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies (Boone, NC).

Interview

submitted paper application in store, received call back the next day. Went for interview a couple days later. Interview was very straightforward, asked questions describing my relevant experience. Was told I had the job at the end of the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TJX Companies (Watchung, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything is still in progress. I had an interview last week with a hiring manager that went really well. The store manager was on vacation so I am waiting for him to call to set up an interview. The store I applied to has a two part interview process.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJX Companies (Franklin, TN).

Interview

It was a piece of cake. I turned in my application and was called in for an interview a week later. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever heard of and experienced. But I don't blame that on the company, it was just the manager's personality I learned after working with him.

Interview Questions

• Work experience? It was super unprofessional and he was easy to talk to. He just basically tried to get to know me and didn't care about the postion.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJX Companies (Mountain View, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I came in to drop the hiring application at about 10 a.m. I met the manager, who asked me a few questions about what I am currently doing. She asked if I had a few minutes to interview. I said sure. She sent me over to her assistant Manager in the employee section. The assistant manager was very pleasant. It was like chatting with a good client. My experience, honesty and personality came through. One hard working woman talking to another.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

application was long. interviewers were all very nice and said they enjoy working together. I was the one asking most of the questions about the job to try to figure out if I would like it. I wanted to find out how much they were paying but instead they asked me how much I would want. That's always very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at multitasking (well they asked it in a less blunt way)   1 Answer