TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014
Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.8

Merchandise Development Program Interview

I applied online - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied online and got an email to set up a virtual interview that had to be done in the next 3 business days from when I got the email. the interview consisted of 9 questions. You had 30 sec to read the question and think of what you are going to say before it recorded you. It was very scary. I am still waiting to hear about the next step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked :
      what my career goals were
      a time I made an impact
      why I wanted to work for TJX
      a time I had to analyze data
      what an allocation analyst does
      math question
      a time I made a difference
        Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

First round: screen with HR with lots of behavioral questions.
    Second round: onsite with three members from the team. Overall an easy, pleasant process. Some of the questions asked included why TJX, describe your credentials, past projects, etc.

Didn't hear anything from them afterwards till I followed up

Interview Questions
    • Things to consider when choosing a location for a new store   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

First experience was horrible - 8 hours spent interviewing over multiple visits with no follow up or closure. Second experience was faster and smoother even though there was were still multiple visits.

Interview Questions
    • Tried to solicit solutions for very specific situations that they were currently dealing with.   Answer Question
    expectations were pretty clear from the beginning - little or no negotiation

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I had interviewed with TJX before, but wasn't hired because they wanted to talk to my supervisor at my job at the time, but I didn't want them to know I was looking to leave without an offer on the table. The interviews were both very pleasant and relaxed. Mostly conversational about your knowledge of loss prevention and sharing old stories! The only odd part was the first manager wanting to talk to my supervisor when I had provided them our HR number to confirm employment. The second manager simply let Lexis Nexis handle all of my background. I applied online and received a call for an interview in about two weeks. At the interview, they had me complete some further paperwork for my background check. My background check was said to take between one and three weeks, but mine took about 10 days. Another guy hired with me at the same time took three weeks though. Overall it appears their interviews are more about what you know instead of how you interview which really helps those who know LP well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your most difficult shoplifter apprehension.   Answer Question
    I chose not to negotiate as they offered me what I had requested on my application and were very fair.

Merchandising Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

The whole process took about a month. Started with a phone interview, didn't hear back for 2 weeks and then was contacted for an in person interview. The second interview involved meeting with 5 managers, individually.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I called to show my interest and was called for an interview within a week. Went through 2 interviews. The offices were very clean and the interviewers were polite. The questions were basic and simple.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected questions were the scenarios of what would do with certain situations.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person - interviewed at TJX Companies in July 2014.

I thought the interviewer was relaxed but professional. Just be yourself and engaging. Make sure you have eye contact and smile. They asked very basic questions and the schedule seem to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

it was personal reason....had nothing to do with the job

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

They came to my campus career fair and asked me if I wanted an interview with them the next day at my campus. I took the interview it went well, after that I never heard back from them, nothing.

Interview Questions
    • What would make you a better manager than other managers?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I had two interviews, the first with the hiring manager, which was a great interview. We did not really discuss much about the job itself, but I felt very at ease. My second interview with the store manager was awkward and did not leave me very excited about the chance to come to work.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions in this interview. It was very run of the mill.   Answer Question

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!