TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.7

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted (by phone) about 2 weeks later by a recruiter. The conversation was good and he told me he wanted to set me up with a phone call with the hiring manager. He specifically said, "it sounds like you'd be a great fit and I'd like for you to have a call with the hiring manager.

At my company, I am a hiring manager. It's fine to tell people what the next step in the process would be, but I don't think you should tell them you're going to have them move to the next step if you have no intention of doing so.

2.5 weeks went by with no word from the recruiter. I left a VM, no feedback. 3 weeks after that I got a system generated email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and experience that related to the position. There were no difficult questions or scenarios presented.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a 30 minute phone interview a few days later with a recruiter. A few weeks went by before I was contacted for an in-person interview at the office. Interview was with the recruiter for 30 minutes, then 30 minutes each with 3 other employees. I was asked a few hours later to provide my references and given a formal offer the next day.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boone, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies (Boone, NC).

Interview

submitted paper application in store, received call back the next day. Went for interview a couple days later. Interview was very straightforward, asked questions describing my relevant experience. Was told I had the job at the end of the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TJX Companies (Watchung, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything is still in progress. I had an interview last week with a hiring manager that went really well. The store manager was on vacation so I am waiting for him to call to set up an interview. The store I applied to has a two part interview process.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJX Companies (Franklin, TN).

Interview

It was a piece of cake. I turned in my application and was called in for an interview a week later. It was the most unprofessional interview I've ever heard of and experienced. But I don't blame that on the company, it was just the manager's personality I learned after working with him.

Interview Questions

• Work experience? It was super unprofessional and he was easy to talk to. He just basically tried to get to know me and didn't care about the postion.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJX Companies (Mountain View, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I came in to drop the hiring application at about 10 a.m. I met the manager, who asked me a few questions about what I am currently doing. She asked if I had a few minutes to interview. I said sure. She sent me over to her assistant Manager in the employee section. The assistant manager was very pleasant. It was like chatting with a good client. My experience, honesty and personality came through. One hard working woman talking to another.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple and only lasted about 25 mins. The lady who interviewed me went over the company and the program. She asked if I was willing to relocate and I said yes which made her smile so I guess they like people that can relocate. After that, we both went over my resume. I don't have a lot on my resume so it didn't take long. She did ask about job gaps and why I left my previous job and about what my duties were in my current job. After that she just asked me 5 questions she said she was obliged to ask; they were all behavioral questions. She said my answers did not have to be only from my work experience but they could also be from volunteer experience, school clubs, etc. I didn't get the job and they are quick to tell you that you didn't make it. The process is more than just one interview so if you pass the interview be prepared for another.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to be assertive.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to had an upset customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a leadership role you have been most proud of.   1 Answer
    • You will be working with a diverse group of people, explain how you would motivate them.   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

The video screening interview was very awful but helpful in understanding what types of people they are looking for. Take your time in between questions and realize that they aren't looking for a specific answer. Just to see that you are a personable and outgoing person.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

application was long. interviewers were all very nice and said they enjoy working together. I was the one asking most of the questions about the job to try to figure out if I would like it. I wanted to find out how much they were paying but instead they asked me how much I would want. That's always very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at multitasking (well they asked it in a less blunt way)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied online through my university, recorded video interview of 9 behavioral questions, then a group interview exercise where you look at data and allocate jackets to different stores- it was easy but make sure to speak up during the discussion, and was then invited to the home office last round interviews where you do three 20 minute interviews. most questions were behavioral. its important to highlight your leadership abilities. it was a lot of work for not that great of pay