TJX Companies

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.8

Merchandising Development Program Interview

I applied through campus recruitment. Shortly after, I received a link to perform an interview online with 9 questions. After this I was asked to the next round where we were given sales reports and told to allocate items. We had 30 minutes to work on it alone and then they observed as we worked together as a team. I will moving to the final round soon at their headquarters for a day of shadowing and interviews.

Interview Questions
    • We were given a math question and asked to describe a time when I was analytical   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I met with 2 people, individually. The first person asked me the standard interview questions like "what is your weakest and strongest point." The 2nd person i met with was the director. She seemed really nice and very pleasant to speak with. I had a good feeling about the interview but I guess I was wrong. They did advise me that they had a high turnover rate. So I'm glad I didn't end up there.

Buying Interview

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I participated through my school's on campus recruiting. First round was a remote video interview with pretty standard behavioral questions and a very simple math question. Then I was flown to the HQ in Massachusetts to have a final round, which included a case/data analysis test, group project involving the case, and three 30-min interviews. I also had a job shadow and tour of the building. The questions were not unexpected at all, and were largely behavioral. They really want to see that you are interested in the company for the long haul, so be prepared for rigorous questions about your applications to other companies, whether you would return for another internship/full time, why TJX, etc

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a specific brand you would want to see in one of our stores and why/how would you want to include it in the assortment   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

First, you had to take an online HireVue interview. Very awkward. There are 9 questions and you have 30 seconds to decide on an answer. When the 30 seconds are up, it starts recording you. Answers were focused on the position more than general interview questions.
    After that, I had Assessment Day. This was a LONG day. You shadow an analyst, have lunch, and then you have a data analysis problem. You have 30 min to work on it alone. After that, you and your group discuss and come to an agreement, while recruiters watch and take notes.
    After that, you have 3 interviews, back to back.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to be analytical.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you used resourcefulness to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    I planned to negotiate, but was offered the amount I wanted.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

If you have a pulse they will hire you/ don't have to speak english, after the holidays they will cut your hours down to 10 or 15, they will never fire you unless you steal from them, they just will not give you hours anymore and force you to leave that way

minimum wage no discussion

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I went into headquarters to meet with two different people, and had half hour interviews with both. They were very welcoming, and gave me a tour of the building as well as being very open and nice during the interview process.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Applied online, within a week was asked to do the online video interview. You have to read the question and you have about 30 seconds before it starts to record your response. If you haven't done one, it helped to practice responding to questions out loud since there's no dialogue. About a week later, I was invited to the assessment day at home office. It was about 6 hours and included an individual exercise, group discussion, 3 individual interviews with recruiters, lunch, your of home office and a job shadow. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. They all seemed to like working there.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a challenge or failure and how you responded.

What differentiates you from other candidates?

Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies in November 2014.

waiting about an hour for the manager, when I was finally called in they asked if I had kids and what was my availability. it was a very quick process. told me if my references checked out I had the job so make sure who ever you put down picks up the phone.

none

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

There are 3 interviews. I am currently on my first interview process which was a virtual interview on HireVue. I'm waiting for a response, it has been 2 weeks. The second round is a group work analysis case and the third round is going to the HQ and getting interviewed by more recruiters.

Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Received request for phone interview within days of applying via referral. Questions were geared toward clarifying and understanding my experience. As my lack of experience in one area did not qualify me for the specific position, the recruiter had the insight to request sharing my resume with another recruiter for a different position. I appreciated their knowledge of the org to be able to align their needs with my experience.