TJX Companies

Getting the Interview

156 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager - Operations Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Easy process, DM met me ask questions about culture, values and goals

Interview Question – Didn't expect to be asked about my contribution to my community   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Experience, communication skills, excel and analytical skills

Interview Question – Logical questions   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details – General questions concerning leadership and why you would choose working for TJX. What are your strongest leadership qualities?

Interview Question – What would you do if given a position in which you have no retail experience in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was to a final interview.

Visual Merchandising Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2014.

Interview Details – HR contacted me soon after applying for the position and set up a phone interview. Afterwards, they quickly set up a in-person interview. The HR staff was friendly, organized and available to answer questions. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews, one with the HR consultant and four with the senior managers of the team. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and offered me water.

Interview Question – - Walk me through how you set up and complete a project from start to finish
- Why do you want to move into the retail space?
- Provide one recommendation for the team
  Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Merchandise Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and got a call back for a phone interview 2 weeks later. Then it took about a month to get an in-person interview. Everyone I spoke with on the phone and through e-mail were friendly.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of behavioral questions for example, tell me about a time you didn't have all the facts and what did you do to complete the task and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Merchandise Internship Interview

Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university's career website. I then received an email for the first round of interviews, which happened to be a one-way interview on hirevue. This portion was a little awkward. It is basically a skype interview, but you're not having a conversation with another individual; you're just being recorded. These questions were very basic though. They just want to get a general sense of who you are. Then, 3 days later I received an email asking me to fly to their headquarters for a day consisting of a group allocation analysis, an office tour, and 3 interviews.

Interview Question – What was your biggest contribution to your last job?
Why do you want to work at TJX?
  Answer Question

CMTP Interview

Interview Details – I applied through my college and got contacted to do a one way interview where they asked about 6-7 questions. I recorded my answers & got an email about a week later getting invited to the second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What was a project you had to work on & the strategy used to implement it.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Initially came in as a contractor to help strengthen communications. The interviewing manager made the process very comfortable and welcoming for me to illustrate my applicable experience, and any areas that I may have felt that some training would help in order to acclimate quickly with the open position. We had a long friendly discussion about the balance of work and family relevant to the working hours required to be covered in the target position. He offered of course the flexibility of start and end times maintaining awareness of the required coverage. After discussing the salary, and accepting the position, we walked out together and he mentioned that he enjoyed the interview so much that he was going to see if he could get me more money than earlier discussed. Three months later more money did show up in my paycheck!

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult at all. All the questions and expectations were right on point. Anything new that had not been anticipated was collectively resolved by the sharing and application of ideas.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation needed. The hiring manager was delighted with my interview and saw to it that I got a nominal raise three months after hiring.

Intern Interview

Intern
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – video interview, group project, then multiple interviews at Framingham headquarters

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you failed   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details – The district manager interviews and hires the store and assistant managers and in my case I was allowed to choose the store where I wanted to work and I chose to work for the manager who I felt based on our conversations was most like me in her management style.

Negotiation Details – I told them what I expected and they immediately complied based on my last employers benifit package.

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies interview questions and advice. All 156 interview reviews posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees and interview candidates.