TJX Companies Interview Questions

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Applied online through my university, recorded video interview of 9 behavioral questions, then a group interview exercise where you look at data and allocate jackets to different stores- it was easy but make sure to speak up during the discussion, and was then invited to the home office last round interviews where you do three 20 minute interviews. most questions were behavioral. its important to highlight your leadership abilities. it was a lot of work for not that great of pay

Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I interviewed for a leadership program for TJX Comapnies. This program would start my career as an assistant manager. The interviewer had a paper with five questions listed he asked me. He took notes as I answered. After that we discussed the roles and duties of an assistant manager. The interview lasted for about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think it's important for people to be motivated in order to reach a goal?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Very easy. 4 stages. The first was you submit your cover letter and resume. Then you do a video interview. You then get invited for a group interview where you mimic what a planner may do. If you do well in the group interview, you get invited to interview at HQ with multiple recruiters.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies in March 2015.

Very confusing, but applied online through college. Did a HireVue interview, then group discussions, and waiting on interviews at corporate offices. I did like the online webcam interview, however I thought it was hard to focus on the question because I could see myself on the camera.

Corporate Merchandising Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I attended the Univeristy career fair and discussed the position with a manager that attended. he took my resume and then I recived an email asking me to sign up and complete a video recording of a set of questions asked of me on the computer. It was a little akward interviewing to the camera, and not having any personal interactions with anybody.

Corporate Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2015.

Applied to online position. Contacted a day later to do Hirevue interview. Contacted a day after Hirevue interview to come in for an in person interview at their Framingham campus. Everyting was quick. They house all applicants at the same hotel . We all arrived to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning then expected to come in the same day at 8am for Assessment Day.

When you come in you are given an introduction about the company, you then are split into a group of 4 for 30 mins and ask to complete a data analysis on allocating lightweight jackets. Then 2 HR recruiters come in and listen to you come to a consensus on how many units to allocate to the stores. After that you have 3 interviews. Most interviewers ask you questions and seem to carr about your response. One HR recruiter was very rude. You are then given a tour after the and lunch.

When I was contacted I was told I'd be given a call that next day if I received the position. I have not received a call. However, others have received emails requesting references. The trip was a waste of my time considering the HR team reviewed my resume before inviting me out and knew I was above this position. But, I decided to go because they are in such a hurry to fill the class. Just wished the HR lady had not lied to me about my changes of getting into the program.

Buying Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2015.

I got in touch with Human Resources about the internship because they did not come to my school for college recruiting. From there I was asked to send my resume and cover letter. I was later contacted to complete a video interview. I completed it and it took about 2 weeks before I heard back with a decision.

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview was one round of a one-way video interview, fair and not too difficult. Second round interview they fly you to home office in Framingham, MA and had a full day of tour and activities along with 3 interviews. Not the most organized process, but overall a good day. Interview questions were expected, although some interviewers were not effective in the way the questions were asked.

Interview Questions
    • Give a time when you used data to analyze a situation.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Interview was highly efficient; 1 interview, asked questions relating both to my professional persona as well as, my love for fashion. Next day, I received an email with an offer, thus, they were quick to respond which is unusual.

Brand Marketing Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

The interview was very laid back and felt very comfortable. I was nervous going in but Allie was very easy to talk too. She asked mostly about my resume and what my strengths were. We talked about how important time management and organizational skills were for this position. She explained a lot of what I would be doing in this role and then allowed me to say how the skills I have would help me do the job.

Interview Questions
    • What is something most people wouldn't know about you just from looking at you or talking to you?   Answer Question