TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.1

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the MDP and several days was asked to complete an online video interview. A month later, I was asked to fly up to the corporate office for a 5 1/2 hour "assessment day" which consisted of a presentation, group activity for allocating men's polo shirts, three back to back interviews, a job shadow, lunch, and a slideshow of the buildings. The process was labor intensive and time consuming, but I did not feel that they were serious about hiring me despite my excellent education and qualifications. The recruiters on assessment day asked me the exact same questions over and over again, many of which were too situation specific or irrelevant to an entry level position. It was very difficult not to be irritated and they would not hint at salary.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied or interviewed?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Shreveport, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent them a resume through careerbuilder.com. And they, then, called me to schedule an interview, but, I wasn't in. I called them the next day and had the interview that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what I wanted to do in 5 years.   1 Answer
    • They asked what was a consideration in choosing where I wanted to work.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Papillion, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Papillion, NE) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they called the next morning for an interview a few days later. I got there filled out another application and then he interviewed me. It was pretty short but he said he would call for orientation but never called me. Guess didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• "Did you do any after school activities?" "do you remember a time where you used teamwork?" "what was your favorite part about school?" "what was your least favorite part?"   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Savannah, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I recently conducted a phone interview with a recruiter for TJX Companies applying for an Area Distribution Operations Manager position. The phone interview went very well and our conversation was very positive.

Interview Questions

• One question that he asked me was during my military career have I ever managed employees in a similar size facility and number of employees equal to what a TJX Area Distribution Operations Manager manages daily?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted (by phone) about 2 weeks later by a recruiter. The conversation was good and he told me he wanted to set me up with a phone call with the hiring manager. He specifically said, "it sounds like you'd be a great fit and I'd like for you to have a call with the hiring manager. At my company, I am a hiring manager. It's fine to tell people what the next step in the process would be, but I don't think you should tell them you're going to have them move to the next step if you have no intention of doing so. 2.5 weeks went by with no word from the recruiter. I left a VM, no feedback. 3 weeks after that I got a system generated email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and experience that related to the position. There were no difficult questions or scenarios presented.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watchung, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything is still in progress. I had an interview last week with a hiring manager that went really well. The store manager was on vacation so I am waiting for him to call to set up an interview. The store I applied to has a two part interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

application was long. interviewers were all very nice and said they enjoy working together. I was the one asking most of the questions about the job to try to figure out if I would like it. I wanted to find out how much they were paying but instead they asked me how much I would want. That's always very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at multitasking (well they asked it in a less blunt way)   1 Answer

TJX Store Leadership Program- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was very simple and only lasted about 25 mins. The lady who interviewed me went over the company and the program. She asked if I was willing to relocate and I said yes which made her smile so I guess they like people that can relocate. After that, we both went over my resume. I don't have a lot on my resume so it didn't take long. She did ask about job gaps and why I left my previous job and about what my duties were in my current job. After that she just asked me 5 questions she said she was obliged to ask; they were all behavioral questions. She said my answers did not have to be only from my work experience but they could also be from volunteer experience, school clubs, etc. I didn't get the job and they are quick to tell you that you didn't make it. The process is more than just one interview so if you pass the interview be prepared for another.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to be assertive.   1 Answer
    • Describe a time you had to had an upset customer and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Describe a leadership role you have been most proud of.   1 Answer
    • You will be working with a diverse group of people, explain how you would motivate them.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Applied online through my university, recorded video interview of 9 behavioral questions, then a group interview exercise where you look at data and allocate jackets to different stores- it was easy but make sure to speak up during the discussion, and was then invited to the home office last round interviews where you do three 20 minute interviews. most questions were behavioral. its important to highlight your leadership abilities. it was a lot of work for not that great of pay

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Very easy. 4 stages. The first was you submit your cover letter and resume. Then you do a video interview. You then get invited for a group interview where you mimic what a planner may do. If you do well in the group interview, you get invited to interview at HQ with multiple recruiters.