TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

3.1

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Met a recruiter on campus at an information session. Then continued to followup with the recruiter up until the on campus Career Fair where I talked to him again, along with a woman who had started in the Corporate Merchandise Training Program. I was invited to do an online interview where I answered questions and was recorded. I followed up with the recruiter about how I hope it went well and then a day later, I was invited to interview on campus in a group interview. Sat around a table with fellow peers and had to allocate jackets to different stores and answer some questions. After, we all had to talk as a group to allocate the jackets.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was very difficult-you have to be outspoken at the group interview, but not too outspoken.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied for the internship though campus recruitment. I went to an information session they held, and they liked me enough to set up a video interview for me (one way interview). After that I went in for a group interview where we were each given data to analyze, and we would discuss it with one of the senior representatives. After that they put us in a large group to have us discuss our findings together, mostly to test our team work capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had an unpopular opinion and tried to push it through.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Did an online application, some maths and english tests online, followed by a video interview. I was then invited to an assessment centre which was split into two visits to head office in Watford. The first visit involved an individual and group assessment, and the second was an individual interview and a presentation.

Interview Questions

• Describe what interests you most about the retail industry   1 Answer

Customer Insight Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview after I sent out application online. The recruiter didn't call on time (30 minutes late). The actual phone call lasted about 5 minutes only. Got the rejection email few days after. I email back and asked if there is anything I could improve, never heard back from them since then.

Buying Intern Interview

Interview

There was an online video interview in which you record your responses to questions, this is a bit awkward. Next there was a group interview in which they do a brief presentation and then you do a group exercise in which you have to allocate x number of a product based on information given

Regional Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

1st contact was from a recruiter - Second meeting was with the Regional HR manager who was fantastic. My third meeting was with a panel of Operations managers (Directors)

Interview Questions

• it was unexpected to be in a behavioural based panel interview   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Submitted through campus, then had a video interview where they asked several questions, then had an on campus interview which was a group interview. Overall okay interview process except not much one-on-one time before the final round. Friendly recruiters, pretty easy process Next step they fly you to their corporate headquarters for final rounds

Interview Questions

• Why TJX? Name a time when you had to use analyze data.   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview

Interview was one round of a one-way video interview, fair and not too difficult. Second round interview they fly you to home office in Framingham, MA and had a full day of tour and activities along with 3 interviews. Not the most organized process, but overall a good day. Interview questions were expected, although some interviewers were not effective in the way the questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you used data to analyze a situation.   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview

I applied through campus recruitment. Shortly after, I received a link to perform an interview online with 9 questions. After this I was asked to the next round where we were given sales reports and told to allocate items. We had 30 minutes to work on it alone and then they observed as we worked together as a team. I will moving to the final round soon at their headquarters for a day of shadowing and interviews.

Interview Questions

• We were given a math question and asked to describe a time when I was analytical   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted (by phone) about 2 weeks later by a recruiter. The conversation was good and he told me he wanted to set me up with a phone call with the hiring manager. He specifically said, "it sounds like you'd be a great fit and I'd like for you to have a call with the hiring manager. At my company, I am a hiring manager. It's fine to tell people what the next step in the process would be, but I don't think you should tell them you're going to have them move to the next step if you have no intention of doing so. 2.5 weeks went by with no word from the recruiter. I left a VM, no feedback. 3 weeks after that I got a system generated email saying they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my background and experience that related to the position. There were no difficult questions or scenarios presented.   Answer Question