TJX Companies Interview Questions

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in October 2013.

You receive a call from them after they review your application, they call you and give you a few interview dates and you choose which is more convenient for you. You go in and they take you to either the office or the back room and they ask you the standard interview questions, and then they ask you about yourself. If I'm remembering correctly they ask you to fill out a few papers as well.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TJX Companies in March 2015.

Very confusing, but applied online through college. Did a HireVue interview, then group discussions, and waiting on interviews at corporate offices. I did like the online webcam interview, however I thought it was hard to focus on the question because I could see myself on the camera.

MDP Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in October 2014.

Applied through school and had a three step process beginning with a video interview. Video interview was challenging and a little intense for first round. Made it to second round and participated in a group interview involving a case analysis and then group discussion. They're looking for a leader who can also be a part of a team. Made it to final round at the HQ where the day was described more intensely as it was. All day interview but a lot of breaks and very organized. Interviewers were friendly and got to shadow a current MDP associate. Received job offer about a week and a half later and accepted

Buying and Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies in March 2015.

The interview was a recorded video. A little strange to be talking to yourself the whole time. The interview consisted of three tests: reasoning, numerical and logical. The numerical was fairly difficult because each question is timed (the math itself is not that difficult).

Interview Questions
    • Have you visited any of our stores recently and how would you change them?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Applied online through my university, recorded video interview of 9 behavioral questions, then a group interview exercise where you look at data and allocate jackets to different stores- it was easy but make sure to speak up during the discussion, and was then invited to the home office last round interviews where you do three 20 minute interviews. most questions were behavioral. its important to highlight your leadership abilities. it was a lot of work for not that great of pay

Leadership Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I interviewed for a leadership program for TJX Comapnies. This program would start my career as an assistant manager. The interviewer had a paper with five questions listed he asked me. He took notes as I answered. After that we discussed the roles and duties of an assistant manager. The interview lasted for about a half hour.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think it's important for people to be motivated in order to reach a goal?   Answer Question

Merchandising Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Very easy. 4 stages. The first was you submit your cover letter and resume. Then you do a video interview. You then get invited for a group interview where you mimic what a planner may do. If you do well in the group interview, you get invited to interview at HQ with multiple recruiters.

Buying Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2015.

I got in touch with Human Resources about the internship because they did not come to my school for college recruiting. From there I was asked to send my resume and cover letter. I was later contacted to complete a video interview. I completed it and it took about 2 weeks before I heard back with a decision.

Learning Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in November 2014.

applied on-line; contacted almost immediately by recruiter. Screen interview with recruiting, followed by phone interview with hiring manager then flown to HQ for full day (7) interviews with cross functional leads, peers and VPs

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself; why TJX, etc. Heavy focus on team work   View Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in January 2015.

I was sent a link to do a virtual HireView interview. They recorded your answers to questions that were written on the screen. That was very stressful because although you can do practice questions, once you record that is your only chance to answer the question. It was very interesting. Then I got a call back from a recruiter and we scheduled an interview. The interview felt like an interrogation. I was interviewed by two people and asked what felt like 50 situational questions. at one point I noticed one of the interviewers was not even looking at me during my answer. I felt like they were not trying to get to know me but asking questions off a sheet of paper because they had to. Everyone in the office was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you used logic and reasoning to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you strengthened a relationship with a coworker or supervisor.   Answer Question
    • What are three of your strengths? What is an area of improvement?   Answer Question