TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

There was no interview. I walked in, asked if they were hiring, and pretty much got the green light from jump street. Didn't even watch the crappy VHS workplace videos which was cool with me.

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in December 2011.

Interview

Long and exhausting. It was an all day interview and I think I interviewed with about 10 different people. Some asked me the same questions. We also went on a tour of the building and got to shadow another analyst. It was a lot in one day. I was happy thought after when I got the offer. I'm not sure if they've chsnged the process since then. This was about 4 years ago or even more.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

They sat me down in their back room and intervied me on thier basic questions and then told me to tell me about myself. very laid back. They told me everything right there from the pay to the hours that i could potentially work. Very comfortable experience overall and the nthey called me two-three days later and offered me a posittion at their store.

Customer Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Manchester, NH) in April 2012.

Interview

The actual interview itself was quick The discussion with in the interview was straight forward and the position I would fit best for was immediately identified. The process of finishing the hiring process took longer due to the time of year for retail. Salary negotiations did not go as desired as I has little experience

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online to the MDP and several days was asked to complete an online video interview. A month later, I was asked to fly up to the corporate office for a 5 1/2 hour "assessment day" which consisted of a presentation, group activity for allocating men's polo shirts, three back to back interviews, a job shadow, lunch, and a slideshow of the buildings. The process was labor intensive and time consuming, but I did not feel that they were serious about hiring me despite my excellent education and qualifications. The recruiters on assessment day asked me the exact same questions over and over again, many of which were too situation specific or irrelevant to an entry level position. It was very difficult not to be irritated and they would not hint at salary.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you applied or interviewed?   1 Answer
    • What do you think will be the biggest challenge for you in this position?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Shreveport, LA) in July 2015.

Interview

I sent them a resume through careerbuilder.com. And they, then, called me to schedule an interview, but, I wasn't in. I called them the next day and had the interview that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• They asked about what I wanted to do in 5 years.   1 Answer
    • They asked what was a consideration in choosing where I wanted to work.   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

I had too look for the manager . Then she asked why would I like to work for Marshals. She asked more about my background and told me that they didn't hire experience people like myself. It was more of a personal interview. I was laid off and couldn't find a job. When we finished she gave me a test. I went back in and the manager told me I scored very high. She said my scores reflect that I would be great for customer service. She then gave me a start date.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in retail ? Why are company? Why should I hire you? How can I be sure you'll be here in 6 months? Are you looking for another job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They did not have one but told you what the flat rate was 7.50 an hour

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and swift. The first interview was a 30 min phone interview. After that I was called to their distribution center where I interviewed with the Hiring manager. After that I had to interview with the VP. And that was it. Got an offer from recruiter

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Chicago, IL) in May 2014.

Interview

Very straight-forward questions. There were three managers involved in the room for my interview. Very personable, not interrogational. Felt more like a conversation than other interviews I've been on with other companies.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us an example of a time you were given bad customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Chicago, IL) in September 2011.

Interview

I was about my experience with retail. The interview was really laid back. The manager explained that even though I had tons of retail experience I could not be paid any more than minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marshalls?   1 Answer