TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2014
Updated Oct 21, 2014

2.8

Regional Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

1st contact was from a recruiter - Second meeting was with the Regional HR manager who was fantastic. My third meeting was with a panel of Operations managers (Directors)

Interview Questions
    • it was unexpected to be in a behavioural based panel interview   View Answer

Area Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2014.

Very professional. Had one over the phone interview and 2 in person interviews . The second interview was with the current AOM's . I believe the first contact was a very professional head hunter.

Interview Questions
    • How would handle working with others that applied for the position and you were hired instead of them ?   Answer Question
    Great company to work for , very pleased with the job

Merchandising Development Program Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Went through online application, then after that had to complete online one-way interview with 9 questions. Then made it through that to go in for the day. Went through short presentation, then individual and group exercise, the lunch and a break and then 3 rounds of interviews. Then a job shadow

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to use negotiating skills, tell me a time when you had an unpopular opinion and had to push it through, tell me a time you had to use analytical skills, etc.   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I spoke with the recruiter and applied through University career link. Within a week, I got an email to complete a virtual interview within 3 business days. The 9 questions were pretty straightforward including basic questions about what the job entails, one math questions, and a couple behavioral questions. Just completed the virtual interview so I have yet to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • If you were an allocation analyst and a product was not doing so well, why could this be?   Answer Question

Free Lance Art Work Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2014.

I interviewed with two woman for a temp position. Interview process was OK. After interview, I sent emails to thank them for their time and interest. I have written two times to ask if any decision has been made. No response from them. I feet that If I can spend several hours of my life to interview with them, then they should have the decentcy to update me on the progress.

Interview Questions
    • Can I fit additional free lance work into my schedule   View Answer

Corporate Merchandise Trainee Interview

I applied on-campus and was offered an initial interview in a group setting. We had to discuss and present a case study in front of the recruiters. I was selected for the 2nd interview and was flown out to their headquarters. There were 3 separate interviews in one day, had lunch and a tour of the building. All of the candidates were separated into groups and we shadowed some of the employees for a bit. Overall, it seems like a nice company to work for and the recruiters are very friendly and chatty.

Backroom Coordinator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2010.

Very quick interview. Bottom line require, could I do the job. They did not fill me in on all off the other duties involved such as basically managing the store when the boss spent most of the day in office with his door shut making personal calls.

Interview Questions
    • "Why are you qualified for this job?" and it was obvious he never even looked at my resume.   Answer Question
    No negotiating.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in April 2014.

Luckily I had 2 interviews at the same day. First with hiring manager and right after that with store manager. Very comfortable environment. HM read and asked question from a list she had (I think they ask those question to each candidate).

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in October 2013.

I applied in person at the TJ Maxx distribution center. They seem to be always hiring because of high turnover rate. They called me back for an interview a week later or so. The interview was a group interview with about 20-30 people all in a classroom like room. I believe its about 3 hours long divided into 3 parts, paperwork, facility tour, then a urine drug test. If you pass the drug test, then you come back a couple days later for orientation and to discuss what position you want. Its really a simple process, just listen and not much talking required. After orientation, you begin training. Also, you are PAID for orientation and if i'm not mistaking, the interview too!!!

Interview Questions
    • What position would you like? Other than that, no other questions.   Answer Question

Merchandise Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied online and got an email to set up a virtual interview that had to be done in the next 3 business days from when I got the email. the interview consisted of 9 questions. You had 30 sec to read the question and think of what you are going to say before it recorded you. It was very scary. I am still waiting to hear about the next step.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked :
      what my career goals were
      a time I made an impact
      why I wanted to work for TJX
      a time I had to analyze data
      what an allocation analyst does
      math question
      a time I made a difference
        Answer Question