TJX Companies

172 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Coordinator Interview

Customer Service Coordinator

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interview went well. The interview process was easy! Ask questions about former employer, where do you see yourself? What type of personality you have? Name a time you did a great job? Name a time you had a bad experience with employer?

Interview Question – Ask question about unions   Answer Question

Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – Very long, the HR process could be greatly improved. Always took a very long time to get back. The interview was overwhelming as it was in a group. The job shadow was the most helpful as they actually showed you what you would be doing.

Interview Question – Looking for analytical skills.   Answer Question

Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – You will first start with a video interview if your application is received well. That is pre-recorded and will be sent in. Then they will invite you to participate in a Assessment Day. They will cover travel and room and board. Once there, they will introduce you to the company, do a mock data testing where you allocate jackets to different stores, you will share and develop a strategy with a small group of other interviewees, interview with three different people, then tour the building, have lunch, and shadow an analyst. Overall, it is low stress and the people there are very nice.

Interview Question – We can tell that you are interested in fashion, trends, and the industry, are you sure you would like a job that is only numbers?   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I applied online and the first step is to fill out a personality survey and a kind of math quiz. After that I was notified by a recruiter that I was being moved to the next step which was a one-way interview through Hireview. This consisted of 6 questions that you had 3 minutes each to answer. A few weeks after that I was contacted and told that I was through to the final phase which was an assessment day located at the headquarters. This consisted of a short presentation then a job shadow. After lunch we did an allocation exercise, which you had to complete alone and then come to a group decision. After that we had 3 interviews with recruiters.

Interview Question – Not super difficult questions, mostly behavioral, ex. tell me about a time you were creative. The hardest part was doing the interviews at the end of the day, it was definitely an exhausting day!   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in April 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through website, then had a video-recorded interview, then final round interview at TJX headquarters in Framingham, MA. The first round was easy and behavioral based, asking you about leadership, analytical skills scenario, etc. The final round was a full day beginning with job shadow of a current allocation analyst, then a case analysis question, then a group case analysis, then 3 rounds of one on one interviews. I was asked a lot of questions about my experience in merchandising, most specifically my internship -- they went very in-depth with my resume about that. It was overall very pleasant, and I got along really well with my interviewers. They really emphasize relationship building, communication, leadership, and analytical skills.

Interview Question – Why did your previous employer (internship) not extend you a job offer?   View Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Experience, communication skills, excel and analytical skills

Interview Question – Logical questions   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager - Operations Interview

Assistant Store Manager - Operations

I applied through other source and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Easy process, DM met me ask questions about culture, values and goals

Interview Question – Didn't expect to be asked about my contribution to my community   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in March 2014.

Interview Details – General questions concerning leadership and why you would choose working for TJX. What are your strongest leadership qualities?

Interview Question – What would you do if given a position in which you have no retail experience in?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was to a final interview.

Visual Merchandising Interview

Visual Merchandising
Framingham, MA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in January 2014.

Interview Details – HR contacted me soon after applying for the position and set up a phone interview. Afterwards, they quickly set up a in-person interview. The HR staff was friendly, organized and available to answer questions. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews, one with the HR consultant and four with the senior managers of the team. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and offered me water.

Interview Question – - Walk me through how you set up and complete a project from start to finish
- Why do you want to move into the retail space?
- Provide one recommendation for the team
  Answer Question

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Merchandise Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I applied for the position and got a call back for a phone interview 2 weeks later. Then it took about a month to get an in-person interview. Everyone I spoke with on the phone and through e-mail were friendly.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of behavioral questions for example, tell me about a time you didn't have all the facts and what did you do to complete the task and how did you go about it.   Answer Question