TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014
Updated Oct 12, 2014

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in April 2014.

Luckily I had 2 interviews at the same day. First with hiring manager and right after that with store manager. Very comfortable environment. HM read and asked question from a list she had (I think they ask those question to each candidate).

Merchandise Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied for the position and got a call back for a phone interview 2 weeks later. Then it took about a month to get an in-person interview. Everyone I spoke with on the phone and through e-mail were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of behavioral questions for example, tell me about a time you didn't have all the facts and what did you do to complete the task and how did you go about it.   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Initially came in as a contractor to help strengthen communications. The interviewing manager made the process very comfortable and welcoming for me to illustrate my applicable experience, and any areas that I may have felt that some training would help in order to acclimate quickly with the open position. We had a long friendly discussion about the balance of work and family relevant to the working hours required to be covered in the target position. He offered of course the flexibility of start and end times maintaining awareness of the required coverage. After discussing the salary, and accepting the position, we walked out together and he mentioned that he enjoyed the interview so much that he was going to see if he could get me more money than earlier discussed. Three months later more money did show up in my paycheck!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult at all. All the questions and expectations were right on point. Anything new that had not been anticipated was collectively resolved by the sharing and application of ideas.   Answer Question
    No negotiation needed. The hiring manager was delighted with my interview and saw to it that I got a nominal raise three months after hiring.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJX Companies in March 2014.

General questions concerning leadership and why you would choose working for TJX. What are your strongest leadership qualities?

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if given a position in which you have no retail experience in?   Answer Question
    Offer was to a final interview.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

video interview, group project, then multiple interviews at Framingham headquarters

CMTP Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2014.

I applied through my college and got contacted to do a one way interview where they asked about 6-7 questions. I recorded my answers & got an email about a week later getting invited to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was a project you had to work on & the strategy used to implement it.   Answer Question

Merchandise Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online through my university's career website. I then received an email for the first round of interviews, which happened to be a one-way interview on hirevue. This portion was a little awkward. It is basically a skype interview, but you're not having a conversation with another individual; you're just being recorded. These questions were very basic though. They just want to get a general sense of who you are. Then, 3 days later I received an email asking me to fly to their headquarters for a day consisting of a group allocation analysis, an office tour, and 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest contribution to your last job?
      Why do you want to work at TJX?
        Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Submitted my resume through my school's career website, and on TJX's website as well. Took a 15 minute online test about personality and mathematical questions. Passed that which got me a online interview. Consisted of 7 questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What interests you about the CMTP 2. name a time you had to use your analysis skills 3. where else are you interviewing   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in January 2014.

HR contacted me soon after applying for the position and set up a phone interview. Afterwards, they quickly set up a in-person interview. The HR staff was friendly, organized and available to answer questions. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews, one with the HR consultant and four with the senior managers of the team. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and offered me water.

Interview Questions
    • - Walk me through how you set up and complete a project from start to finish
      - Why do you want to move into the retail space?
      - Provide one recommendation for the team
        Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

5 separate interviews including VP of Ops, VP of Personnel, assorted other people and division president

Interview Questions
    • They were not a "gotcha" type of interview. Questions focused on personnel handling and my good experiences   Answer Question
    Start date, base, office location - they were very generous at that time.