TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.7

Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

Very easy. 4 stages. The first was you submit your cover letter and resume. Then you do a video interview. You then get invited for a group interview where you mimic what a planner may do. If you do well in the group interview, you get invited to interview at HQ with multiple recruiters.

MerchandisingProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and the interview process was great overall. The virtual interview was a bit awkward at first but even after botching a few questions I was still asked to a second round, group interview which consisted of allocating jackets to various TJX stores. The whole process is very competitive though

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you used your analytic skills to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Very confusing, but applied online through college. Did a HireVue interview, then group discussions, and waiting on interviews at corporate offices. I did like the online webcam interview, however I thought it was hard to focus on the question because I could see myself on the camera.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

One-way interview process. They had questions written on the side, and you had 30 seconds to think before the recording came on and you had 3 minutes to talk through to the camera. 9 questions total. I had a bad internet connection and three of mine did not record properly, so I contacted the company, who contacted TJX. The recruiter called me to make-up the last three questions, and then offered me an final round interview at their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Explain why you would be a good fit for the Merchandising Development Program? What about the program interests you?   Answer Question
    • What are your career goals? Where do you see yourself working?   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandising Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I attended the Univeristy career fair and discussed the position with a manager that attended. he took my resume and then I recived an email asking me to sign up and complete a video recording of a set of questions asked of me on the computer. It was a little akward interviewing to the camera, and not having any personal interactions with anybody.

Corporate Merchandising Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to online position. Contacted a day later to do Hirevue interview. Contacted a day after Hirevue interview to come in for an in person interview at their Framingham campus. Everyting was quick. They house all applicants at the same hotel . We all arrived to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning then expected to come in the same day at 8am for Assessment Day. When you come in you are given an introduction about the company, you then are split into a group of 4 for 30 mins and ask to complete a data analysis on allocating lightweight jackets. Then 2 HR recruiters come in and listen to you come to a consensus on how many units to allocate to the stores. After that you have 3 interviews. Most interviewers ask you questions and seem to carr about your response. One HR recruiter was very rude. You are then given a tour after the and lunch. When I was contacted I was told I'd be given a call that next day if I received the position. I have not received a call. However, others have received emails requesting references. The trip was a waste of my time considering the HR team reviewed my resume before inviting me out and knew I was above this position. But, I decided to go because they are in such a hurry to fill the class. Just wished the HR lady had not lied to me about my changes of getting into the program.

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2015.

Interview

I got in touch with Human Resources about the internship because they did not come to my school for college recruiting. From there I was asked to send my resume and cover letter. I was later contacted to complete a video interview. I completed it and it took about 2 weeks before I heard back with a decision.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by in person interview with District Manager. Background check and then offer. Very simple process. Not much more I can add to the process

Interview Questions

• Are you an Operator or a Merchant?   1 Answer

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was sent a link to do a virtual HireView interview. They recorded your answers to questions that were written on the screen. That was very stressful because although you can do practice questions, once you record that is your only chance to answer the question. It was very interesting. Then I got a call back from a recruiter and we scheduled an interview. The interview felt like an interrogation. I was interviewed by two people and asked what felt like 50 situational questions. at one point I noticed one of the interviewers was not even looking at me during my answer. I felt like they were not trying to get to know me but asking questions off a sheet of paper because they had to. Everyone in the office was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used logic and reasoning to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you strengthened a relationship with a coworker or supervisor.   Answer Question
    • What are three of your strengths? What is an area of improvement?   Answer Question

Merchandising Development Program Interview

Interview

Interview was one round of a one-way video interview, fair and not too difficult. Second round interview they fly you to home office in Framingham, MA and had a full day of tour and activities along with 3 interviews. Not the most organized process, but overall a good day. Interview questions were expected, although some interviewers were not effective in the way the questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you used data to analyze a situation.   Answer Question