TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied to online position. Contacted a day later to do Hirevue interview. Contacted a day after Hirevue interview to come in for an in person interview at their Framingham campus. Everyting was quick. They house all applicants at the same hotel . We all arrived to the hotel in the wee hours of the morning then expected to come in the same day at 8am for Assessment Day. When you come in you are given an introduction about the company, you then are split into a group of 4 for 30 mins and ask to complete a data analysis on allocating lightweight jackets. Then 2 HR recruiters come in and listen to you come to a consensus on how many units to allocate to the stores. After that you have 3 interviews. Most interviewers ask you questions and seem to carr about your response. One HR recruiter was very rude. You are then given a tour after the and lunch. When I was contacted I was told I'd be given a call that next day if I received the position. I have not received a call. However, others have received emails requesting references. The trip was a waste of my time considering the HR team reviewed my resume before inviting me out and knew I was above this position. But, I decided to go because they are in such a hurry to fill the class. Just wished the HR lady had not lied to me about my changes of getting into the program.

Buying Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2015.

Interview

I got in touch with Human Resources about the internship because they did not come to my school for college recruiting. From there I was asked to send my resume and cover letter. I was later contacted to complete a video interview. I completed it and it took about 2 weeks before I heard back with a decision.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter followed by in person interview with District Manager. Background check and then offer. Very simple process. Not much more I can add to the process

Interview Questions

• Are you an Operator or a Merchant?   1 Answer

Interview

Interview was one round of a one-way video interview, fair and not too difficult. Second round interview they fly you to home office in Framingham, MA and had a full day of tour and activities along with 3 interviews. Not the most organized process, but overall a good day. Interview questions were expected, although some interviewers were not effective in the way the questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you used data to analyze a situation.   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was sent a link to do a virtual HireView interview. They recorded your answers to questions that were written on the screen. That was very stressful because although you can do practice questions, once you record that is your only chance to answer the question. It was very interesting. Then I got a call back from a recruiter and we scheduled an interview. The interview felt like an interrogation. I was interviewed by two people and asked what felt like 50 situational questions. at one point I noticed one of the interviewers was not even looking at me during my answer. I felt like they were not trying to get to know me but asking questions off a sheet of paper because they had to. Everyone in the office was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used logic and reasoning to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you strengthened a relationship with a coworker or supervisor.   Answer Question
    • What are three of your strengths? What is an area of improvement?   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Interview

Interview was highly efficient; 1 interview, asked questions relating both to my professional persona as well as, my love for fashion. Next day, I received an email with an offer, thus, they were quick to respond which is unusual.

Brand Marketing Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

The interview was very laid back and felt very comfortable. I was nervous going in but Allie was very easy to talk too. She asked mostly about my resume and what my strengths were. We talked about how important time management and organizational skills were for this position. She explained a lot of what I would be doing in this role and then allowed me to say how the skills I have would help me do the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something most people wouldn't know about you just from looking at you or talking to you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had the interview awhile ago. I was called by the interviewing manager and came in for one interview. The interview lasted roughly 20 minutes with basic behavioral questions being asked. After the interview, a couple of my references were called and I was later called and offered the job.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

First you apply in person. Next you get a call for an interview. Then after that you get a second call for an interview, and if all goes well you then get a call to say you are hired.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TJX Companies (Marlborough, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

The process itself was not demanding, quite honestly the easiest interview of my career. The gentlemen I met with was rather busy at the time and just wanted to essentially gauge my competency level with a few basic questions about application I have worked with technology and the ability to communicate with end users effectively and rapidly.

Interview Questions

• Basic aptitude and competency questions i.e Describe how to set up a Domain,. Recall a time you had to deal with a disgruntled end user, How did you resolve the issue. Suppose you are working on an issue you that just cant resolve what do you do next to escalate the issue?   1 Answer