TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Internship Interview

Merchandise Internship
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online through my university's career website. I then received an email for the first round of interviews, which happened to be a one-way interview on hirevue. This portion was a little awkward. It is basically a skype interview, but you're not having a conversation with another individual; you're just being recorded. These questions were very basic though. They just want to get a general sense of who you are. Then, 3 days later I received an email asking me to fly to their headquarters for a day consisting of a group allocation analysis, an office tour, and 3 interviews.

Interview Question – What was your biggest contribution to your last job?
Why do you want to work at TJX?
  Answer Question

CMTP Interview

CMTP

Interview Details – I applied through my college and got contacted to do a one way interview where they asked about 6-7 questions. I recorded my answers & got an email about a week later getting invited to the second round of interviews.

Interview Question – What was a project you had to work on & the strategy used to implement it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – video interview, group project, then multiple interviews at Framingham headquarters

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you failed   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details – The district manager interviews and hires the store and assistant managers and in my case I was allowed to choose the store where I wanted to work and I chose to work for the manager who I felt based on our conversations was most like me in her management style.

Negotiation Details – I told them what I expected and they immediately complied based on my last employers benifit package.

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Corporate Merchandise Training Program
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Submitted my resume through my school's career website, and on TJX's website as well. Took a 15 minute online test about personality and mathematical questions. Passed that which got me a online interview. Consisted of 7 questions.

Interview Question – 1. What interests you about the CMTP 2. name a time you had to use your analysis skills 3. where else are you interviewing   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was such a pain. :( Such a waste of my time

Negotiation Details – There was not any. They just said you want the job or not

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant
Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2010.

Interview Details – perception of people was overall friendly and welcoming
started with a phone interview then was invited to meet in person at the office the following week
the office gave a good vibe and very welcoming
senior management seems very assuring and encouraging
two weeks later got a follow up interview and was offered the job a week later

Interview Question – any regrets in your life?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Interview

Associate
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was a job fair type of interview. Every person who walked through the door with an application obtained an instant interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for TJ Maxx?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I got a call two weeks later with the individual on the other end of the phone gave me the date and time for orientation.

District Manager Interview

District Manager
Boston, MA

I applied online and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – 5 separate interviews including VP of Ops, VP of Personnel, assorted other people and division president

Interview Question – They were not a "gotcha" type of interview. Questions focused on personnel handling and my good experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Start date, base, office location - they were very generous at that time.

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Corporate Merchandise Training Program
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Interview Details – There is an online interview process where you record your answers into the camera. Then there was a group interview where you analyze data about allocating jackets to different stores. You have to come to a group agreement. They are looking for a leader that is not to talkative but is assertive. Then I got invited to the final round which is at there corporate headquarters in framingham. It was a job shadow and 4 rounds of interviews with HR reps.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question