TJX Companies Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.8

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at TJX Companies.

video interview, group project, then multiple interviews at Framingham headquarters

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

The district manager interviews and hires the store and assistant managers and in my case I was allowed to choose the store where I wanted to work and I chose to work for the manager who I felt based on our conversations was most like me in her management style.

I told them what I expected and they immediately complied based on my last employers benifit package.

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Submitted my resume through my school's career website, and on TJX's website as well. Took a 15 minute online test about personality and mathematical questions. Passed that which got me a online interview. Consisted of 7 questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What interests you about the CMTP 2. name a time you had to use your analysis skills 3. where else are you interviewing   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2012.

It was such a pain. :( Such a waste of my time

There was not any. They just said you want the job or not

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2010.

perception of people was overall friendly and welcoming
    started with a phone interview then was invited to meet in person at the office the following week
    the office gave a good vibe and very welcoming
    senior management seems very assuring and encouraging
    two weeks later got a follow up interview and was offered the job a week later

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in June 2013.

It was a job fair type of interview. Every person who walked through the door with an application obtained an instant interview.

Interview Questions
    I got a call two weeks later with the individual on the other end of the phone gave me the date and time for orientation.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at TJX Companies.

5 separate interviews including VP of Ops, VP of Personnel, assorted other people and division president

Interview Questions
    • They were not a "gotcha" type of interview. Questions focused on personnel handling and my good experiences   Answer Question
    Start date, base, office location - they were very generous at that time.

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

There is an online interview process where you record your answers into the camera. Then there was a group interview where you analyze data about allocating jackets to different stores. You have to come to a group agreement. They are looking for a leader that is not to talkative but is assertive. Then I got invited to the final round which is at there corporate headquarters in framingham. It was a job shadow and 4 rounds of interviews with HR reps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandising Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied via my university's careers database and was contacted for an on-campus group interview. The group interview consisted of about 8 people and the time was broken into 3 sections: 1) short TJX presentation about the company. job positions, and internship 2) individually analyzing data and making allocation recommendations 3) coming together as a group to discuss our decisions and coming to a group consensus. I was the only person applying to the internship in my group (everyone else was applying for a full time job), so this portion of our application process was the same.

Internship applicants may be contacted for a final interview at TJX's home office in Framingham, MA.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to use your negotiation skills and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

I'm still in the process of interviewing and have not officially received an offer yet.

Buying Intern Interview

There was an online video interview in which you record your responses to questions, this is a bit awkward. Next there was a group interview in which they do a brief presentation and then you do a group exercise in which you have to allocate x number of a product based on information given