TJX Companies Interview Questions

2.8

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in October 2013.

I applied in person at the TJ Maxx distribution center. They seem to be always hiring because of high turnover rate. They called me back for an interview a week later or so. The interview was a group interview with about 20-30 people all in a classroom like room. I believe its about 3 hours long divided into 3 parts, paperwork, facility tour, then a urine drug test. If you pass the drug test, then you come back a couple days later for orientation and to discuss what position you want. Its really a simple process, just listen and not much talking required. After orientation, you begin training. Also, you are PAID for orientation and if i'm not mistaking, the interview too!!!

Interview Questions
    • What position would you like? Other than that, no other questions.   Answer Question

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied for the internship though campus recruitment. I went to an information session they held, and they liked me enough to set up a video interview for me (one way interview). After that I went in for a group interview where we were each given data to analyze, and we would discuss it with one of the senior representatives. After that they put us in a large group to have us discuss our findings together, mostly to test our team work capabilities.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you had an unpopular opinion and tried to push it through.   Answer Question

Merchandise Associate Interview

They called me on short notice after I had applied online and had me come in to apply in store as well. Then I was led into the backroom for a group interview. The question were very easy, and it seemed like they just wanted to make sure you are normal and polite. As long as you remain calm and speak when it is your turn, you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you received bad customer service.   View Answer

Field Support Role Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Three total interviews, two telephone and one face to face. I was an internal candidate, so the interview focused mostly on my experiences within the company. When I was first hired into the company as a part time position there was a single interview with maybe five questions. The interview process both internally and externally is very relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite/least favorite thing to do each day?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJX Companies in June 2013.

It was a job fair type of interview. Every person who walked through the door with an application obtained an instant interview.

Interview Questions
    I got a call two weeks later with the individual on the other end of the phone gave me the date and time for orientation.

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TJX Companies.

Met a recruiter on campus at an information session. Then continued to followup with the recruiter up until the on campus Career Fair where I talked to him again, along with a woman who had started in the Corporate Merchandise Training Program.

I was invited to do an online interview where I answered questions and was recorded. I followed up with the recruiter about how I hope it went well and then a day later, I was invited to interview on campus in a group interview.

Sat around a table with fellow peers and had to allocate jackets to different stores and answer some questions. After, we all had to talk as a group to allocate the jackets.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was very difficult-you have to be outspoken at the group interview, but not too outspoken.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

This process was a very unorganized one but worked out ok in the end. I applied for the position online and didn't receive a phone call for over a month. Once they called we had one interview with the DLPM. We talked for approximately 45 minutes and they said they'd be in contact in the near future. I received a phone call not an hour later extending me the job offer. The only stupid thing was it took them 4 weeks to complete a background check, ridiculous.

Interview Questions
    • What are your feelings on the five step process.   View Answer
    • Please talk about how you get along with store management.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase for this initial position. They will offer you the lowest possible amount and either you take it or leave it. If they feel you're a high potential candidate they'll pay significantly better.

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Five interviews with variou HR management. Data analysis test.

No negotiation

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

A couple of phone interviews. The onsite interview lasted over 5 hours and 30 minutes! The most senior guy there is a complete jerk! The DC was dirty and so was all of the interviewers' offices.

Corporate Merchandising Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in March 2013.

Great accommodations (flight, hotel, car, meals). Interview process could have been more formal but really showed the company culture as relaxed and down-to-earth. I wore a full on business suit while the interviewers and other interviewees were much more casual but it was better safe than sorry to me. Started with tour then 5 back-to-back interviews which was exhausting and I believe it showed in my responses towards the end.