TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the job in store. Within a week I received a call back from the manager of operations asking me to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and into the managers office. it was 1:1, very easy. simple simple questions, nothing was difficult about it.

Negotiation Details – Pay was non-negotiable. Staring hourly wage is minimum wage

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Loss Prevention Detective
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2013.

Interview Details – I have worked LP for a few years at my current employer and a former co-worker of mine moved to TJX working in investigations. He had me apply to some open LP Detective positions they were having trouble filling. I was contacted by the DLPM and scheduled to meet her for an interview at a store. I really enjoyed the interview with TJX because everything was relevant to LP an your skills. We sat down and just discussed LP in general for a while and then she asked a few situation questions which were all relevant to the job. The majority of the interview was mostly conversation about my experience, goals, etc. The only issue I hit with the hiring process was that they wanted to contact my current employer before an offer. My current employer uses a third party to verify employment and store side HR are not allowed to discuss employment per policy. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer at the time, but the hiring process is nice since it is unique from most companies. It is very skill based which shows they are looking for people with talent.

Interview Question – Discuss a policy that you didn't necessarily agree with, but had to comply with and enforce.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Fountain Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2011.

Interview Details – I needed a job and someone at TJM had quit so my friend got me an interview. I dropped off my resume and had an open interview on the spot, it was very laid back, the most laid back interview i had ever had. I was offered a position with minimal hours and ended up getting 32 a week because of my dlligence. Yet after management was reinstated to the store manager, all did a 180. I found out the manager that hired me was from the region to improve the store i was at.

Interview Question – None, very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – too simple, they had great management at the time i was hired

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

Corporate Merchandise Training Program

I applied through college or university and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I applied for the internship though campus recruitment. I went to an information session they held, and they liked me enough to set up a video interview for me (one way interview). After that I went in for a group interview where we were each given data to analyze, and we would discuss it with one of the senior representatives. After that they put us in a large group to have us discuss our findings together, mostly to test our team work capabilities.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time where you had an unpopular opinion and tried to push it through.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Investigator Interview

Investigator
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a round robin type of interview with standard interview questions in addition to questions involving job specific duties in loss prevention investigations.

Interview Question – Which other candidate do you think we should not consider? ( We were all internal promotions and went together)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was pretty much a non-negotiation since it was a promotion but there is always room to move around when coming on board from the outside.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Westborough, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter called
Talked to two employees

Negotiation Details – None, it was contract to perm..however still not perm a year later.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Merchandise Associate

Interviewed at TJX Companies

Interview Details – They called me on short notice after I had applied online and had me come in to apply in store as well. Then I was led into the backroom for a group interview. The question were very easy, and it seemed like they just wanted to make sure you are normal and polite. As long as you remain calm and speak when it is your turn, you will be fine.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you received bad customer service.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2012.

Interview Details – Lengthy hiring process. First submitted online application and was directed to an online test. Then I had to complete a skype recorded interview online where questions appeared on the screen and you had to answer them immediately. Following, selected candidates from my school went to an in person group interview where we completed a case individually and in a group. The finalists were selected for a half day in Boston consisting of a tour of the office and 5 30 minute interviews. The interview process was lengthy and exhausting, but interviewers commonly repeated questions

Interview Question – Example of a time you analyzed data   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another internship offer with better benefits. TJx offers free housing by HQ to interns but no transportation.

Field Support Role Interview

Field Support Role

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – Three total interviews, two telephone and one face to face. I was an internal candidate, so the interview focused mostly on my experiences within the company. When I was first hired into the company as a part time position there was a single interview with maybe five questions. The interview process both internally and externally is very relaxed.

Interview Question – What is your favorite/least favorite thing to do each day?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Allocation Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in November 2012.

Interview Details – They flew me up to Boston for the interview, put me up in a hotel and provided all transportation. The interview was broken up into two sections, before lunch we were given a tour of the campus and then we had a lunch and went into the interview process. I had 10 different separate interviews with different people. It was difficult at first but after the first two I got the hang of it and I though I did really well on the remaining interviews.

Interview Question – They were mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question