TJX Companies

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.8

Merchandise Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2014.

I applied online through my university's career website. I then received an email for the first round of interviews, which happened to be a one-way interview on hirevue. This portion was a little awkward. It is basically a skype interview, but you're not having a conversation with another individual; you're just being recorded. These questions were very basic though. They just want to get a general sense of who you are. Then, 3 days later I received an email asking me to fly to their headquarters for a day consisting of a group allocation analysis, an office tour, and 3 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest contribution to your last job?
      Why do you want to work at TJX?

Answer Question

CMTP Interview

I applied through my college and got contacted to do a one way interview where they asked about 6-7 questions. I recorded my answers & got an email about a week later getting invited to the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What was a project you had to work on & the strategy used to implement it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Submitted my resume through my school's career website, and on TJX's website as well. Took a 15 minute online test about personality and mathematical questions. Passed that which got me a online interview. Consisted of 7 questions.

Interview Questions
    • 1. What interests you about the CMTP 2. name a time you had to use your analysis skills 3. where else are you interviewing   Answer Question

Visual Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in January 2014.

HR contacted me soon after applying for the position and set up a phone interview. Afterwards, they quickly set up a in-person interview. The HR staff was friendly, organized and available to answer questions. The in-person interview consisted of five interviews, one with the HR consultant and four with the senior managers of the team. Everyone was friendly, welcoming and offered me water.

Interview Questions
    • - Walk me through how you set up and complete a project from start to finish
      - Why do you want to move into the retail space?
      - Provide one recommendation for the team

Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies.

5 separate interviews including VP of Ops, VP of Personnel, assorted other people and division president

Interview Questions
    • They were not a "gotcha" type of interview. Questions focused on personnel handling and my good experiences   Answer Question
    Start date, base, office location - they were very generous at that time.

Corporate Merchandising Internship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I applied via my university's careers database and was contacted for an on-campus group interview. The group interview consisted of about 8 people and the time was broken into 3 sections: 1) short TJX presentation about the company. job positions, and internship 2) individually analyzing data and making allocation recommendations 3) coming together as a group to discuss our decisions and coming to a group consensus. I was the only person applying to the internship in my group (everyone else was applying for a full time job), so this portion of our application process was the same.

Internship applicants may be contacted for a final interview at TJX's home office in Framingham, MA.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to use your negotiation skills and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

I'm still in the process of interviewing and have not officially received an offer yet.

Corporate Merchandise Training Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Submitted through campus, then had a video interview where they asked several questions, then had an on campus interview which was a group interview. Overall okay interview process except not much one-on-one time before the final round. Friendly recruiters, pretty easy process

Next step they fly you to their corporate headquarters for final rounds

Interview Questions
    • Why TJX? Name a time when you had to use analyze data.   Answer Question

Buying Intern Interview

There was an online video interview in which you record your responses to questions, this is a bit awkward. Next there was a group interview in which they do a brief presentation and then you do a group exercise in which you have to allocate x number of a product based on information given

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

There is an online interview process where you record your answers into the camera. Then there was a group interview where you analyze data about allocating jackets to different stores. You have to come to a group agreement. They are looking for a leader that is not to talkative but is assertive. Then I got invited to the final round which is at there corporate headquarters in framingham. It was a job shadow and 4 rounds of interviews with HR reps.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Allocation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies in November 2013.

Very long, the HR process could be greatly improved. Always took a very long time to get back. The interview was overwhelming as it was in a group. The job shadow was the most helpful as they actually showed you what you would be doing.