TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Loss Prevention Detective
Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2013.

Interview Details – I have worked LP for a few years at my current employer and a former co-worker of mine moved to TJX working in investigations. He had me apply to some open LP Detective positions they were having trouble filling. I was contacted by the DLPM and scheduled to meet her for an interview at a store. I really enjoyed the interview with TJX because everything was relevant to LP an your skills. We sat down and just discussed LP in general for a while and then she asked a few situation questions which were all relevant to the job. The majority of the interview was mostly conversation about my experience, goals, etc. The only issue I hit with the hiring process was that they wanted to contact my current employer before an offer. My current employer uses a third party to verify employment and store side HR are not allowed to discuss employment per policy. Unfortunately I didn't receive an offer at the time, but the hiring process is nice since it is unique from most companies. It is very skill based which shows they are looking for people with talent.

Interview Question – Discuss a policy that you didn't necessarily agree with, but had to comply with and enforce.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Loss Prevention Detective
Dallas, TX

I applied online and interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – This process was a very unorganized one but worked out ok in the end. I applied for the position online and didn't receive a phone call for over a month. Once they called we had one interview with the DLPM. We talked for approximately 45 minutes and they said they'd be in contact in the near future. I received a phone call not an hour later extending me the job offer. The only stupid thing was it took them 4 weeks to complete a background check, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase for this initial position. They will offer you the lowest possible amount and either you take it or leave it. If they feel you're a high potential candidate they'll pay significantly better.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies Loss Prevention Detective interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees and interview candidates.