TJX Companies Loss Prevention Detective Interview Questions

2.0

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I had interviewed with TJX before, but wasn't hired because they wanted to talk to my supervisor at my job at the time, but I didn't want them to know I was looking to leave without an offer on the table. The interviews were both very pleasant and relaxed. Mostly conversational about your knowledge of loss prevention and sharing old stories! The only odd part was the first manager wanting to talk to my supervisor when I had provided them our HR number to confirm employment. The second manager simply let Lexis Nexis handle all of my background. I applied online and received a call for an interview in about two weeks. At the interview, they had me complete some further paperwork for my background check. My background check was said to take between one and three weeks, but mine took about 10 days. Another guy hired with me at the same time took three weeks though. Overall it appears their interviews are more about what you know instead of how you interview which really helps those who know LP well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your most difficult shoplifter apprehension.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I chose not to negotiate as they offered me what I had requested on my application and were very fair.

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Loss Prevention Detective Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TJX Companies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

This process was a very unorganized one but worked out ok in the end. I applied for the position online and didn't receive a phone call for over a month. Once they called we had one interview with the DLPM. We talked for approximately 45 minutes and they said they'd be in contact in the near future. I received a phone call not an hour later extending me the job offer. The only stupid thing was it took them 4 weeks to complete a background check, ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• What are your feelings on the five step process.   1 Answer
    • Please talk about how you get along with store management.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase for this initial position. They will offer you the lowest possible amount and either you take it or leave it. If they feel you're a high potential candidate they'll pay significantly better.