TJX Companies

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies in November 2014.

waiting about an hour for the manager, when I was finally called in they asked if I had kids and what was my availability. it was a very quick process. told me if my references checked out I had the job so make sure who ever you put down picks up the phone.

none

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at TJX Companies in July 2014.

I thought the interviewer was relaxed but professional. Just be yourself and engaging. Make sure you have eye contact and smile. They asked very basic questions and the schedule seem to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

it was personal reason....had nothing to do with the job

Merchandise Associate Interview

They called me on short notice after I had applied online and had me come in to apply in store as well. Then I was led into the backroom for a group interview. The question were very easy, and it seemed like they just wanted to make sure you are normal and polite. As long as you remain calm and speak when it is your turn, you will be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you received bad customer service.   View Answer

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies in October 2011.

Need to be prepare to say yes to being available for nights and weekends when they ask. Also to be ready with the process of training and changing your time availability last minute due to store may needing you. Easy to apply for any job title and waiting period for a min of a week or least depends on location and if they are short handed.

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies in October 2009.

originally applied through my school's job service, got a phone interview followed by a one-on-one interview from a recruiter. after that I was asked to come to their headquarters which consisted of 3 individual interviews with different members of their HR department, followed by a group interview, IQ tests, group tests and background check. i had one last interview and then got a position as an unpaid intern for the summer. at the end of the internship i was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

yes, I declined the offer after the internship