TJX Companies

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Associate Interview

Merchandise Associate

Interviewed at TJX Companies

Interview Details – They called me on short notice after I had applied online and had me come in to apply in store as well. Then I was led into the backroom for a group interview. The question were very easy, and it seemed like they just wanted to make sure you are normal and polite. As long as you remain calm and speak when it is your turn, you will be fine.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you received bad customer service.   View Answer

Merchandising Associate Interview

Merchandising Associate
Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2011.

Interview Details – Need to be prepare to say yes to being available for nights and weekends when they ask. Also to be ready with the process of training and changing your time availability last minute due to store may needing you. Easy to apply for any job title and waiting period for a min of a week or least depends on location and if they are short handed.

Negotiation Details – n/a

Merchandise Associate Interview

Merchandise Associate
Framingham, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2009.

Interview Details – originally applied through my school's job service, got a phone interview followed by a one-on-one interview from a recruiter. after that I was asked to come to their headquarters which consisted of 3 individual interviews with different members of their HR department, followed by a group interview, IQ tests, group tests and background check. i had one last interview and then got a position as an unpaid intern for the summer. at the end of the internship i was offered a full time position.

Interview Question – explain a time when you displayed leadership skills.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – yes, I declined the offer after the internship

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies Merchandise Associate interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees and interview candidates.