TJX Companies Merchandise Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

The interview was informal. Once I arrived the manager took me into the back office to sit and chat. It lasted about 20 minutes. The questions were very vague and focused on past retail experience, as well as availability, the hours I wanted to work, etc.

Interview Questions

• What are your favorite and least favorite things about working in retail   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Mountain View, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I came in to drop the hiring application at about 10 a.m. I met the manager, who asked me a few questions about what I am currently doing. She asked if I had a few minutes to interview. I said sure. She sent me over to her assistant Manager in the employee section. The assistant manager was very pleasant. It was like chatting with a good client. My experience, honesty and personality came through. One hard working woman talking to another.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

waiting about an hour for the manager, when I was finally called in they asked if I had kids and what was my availability. it was a very quick process. told me if my references checked out I had the job so make sure who ever you put down picks up the phone.

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Bronx, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I thought the interviewer was relaxed but professional. Just be yourself and engaging. Make sure you have eye contact and smile. They asked very basic questions and the schedule seem to be very flexible.

Interview Questions

it was personal reason....had nothing to do with the job

Merchandise Associate Interview

Interview

They called me on short notice after I had applied online and had me come in to apply in store as well. Then I was led into the backroom for a group interview. The question were very easy, and it seemed like they just wanted to make sure you are normal and polite. As long as you remain calm and speak when it is your turn, you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you received bad customer service.   1 Answer

Merchandising Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Woodbridge, NJ) in October 2011.

Interview

Need to be prepare to say yes to being available for nights and weekends when they ask. Also to be ready with the process of training and changing your time availability last minute due to store may needing you. Easy to apply for any job title and waiting period for a min of a week or least depends on location and if they are short handed.

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Framingham, MA) in October 2009.

Interview

originally applied through my school's job service, got a phone interview followed by a one-on-one interview from a recruiter. after that I was asked to come to their headquarters which consisted of 3 individual interviews with different members of their HR department, followed by a group interview, IQ tests, group tests and background check. i had one last interview and then got a position as an unpaid intern for the summer. at the end of the internship i was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

yes, I declined the offer after the internship