TJX Companies

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Southlake, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

Interview Details – I met once with the store manager and began work the following week after my interview and after my background check had been processed. The two store managers were very nice and willing to work with pre-arranged vacation plans that my family and I had. It was also pretty easy to request a certain number of hours.

Interview Question – The interview was quite basic and involved the interviewer getting to know you rather than difficult questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I called to show my interest and was called for an interview within a week. Went through 2 interviews. The offices were very clean and the interviewers were polite. The questions were basic and simple.

Interview Question – The unexpected questions were the scenarios of what would do with certain situations.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first with the hiring manager, which was a great interview. We did not really discuss much about the job itself, but I felt very at ease. My second interview with the store manager was awkward and did not leave me very excited about the chance to come to work.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions in this interview. It was very run of the mill.   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was such a pain. :( Such a waste of my time

Negotiation Details – There was not any. They just said you want the job or not

Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call. asked for the availability and hired within the same day

Coral Springs, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was a one on one with the manger, she asked questions about school and availability, got a call back four days later with an offer

Interview Question – How many hours are you willing to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the job in store. Within a week I received a call back from the manager of operations asking me to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and into the managers office. it was 1:1, very easy. simple simple questions, nothing was difficult about it.

Negotiation Details – Pay was non-negotiable. Staring hourly wage is minimum wage

Fountain Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2011.

Interview Details – I needed a job and someone at TJM had quit so my friend got me an interview. I dropped off my resume and had an open interview on the spot, it was very laid back, the most laid back interview i had ever had. I was offered a position with minimal hours and ended up getting 32 a week because of my dlligence. Yet after management was reinstated to the store manager, all did a 180. I found out the manager that hired me was from the region to improve the store i was at.

Interview Question – None, very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – too simple, they had great management at the time i was hired

Downers Grove, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2012.

Interview Details – very easy

Interview Question – Nothing special, very easy. Just experiece review   View Answer

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!