TJX Companies Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.0

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies.

very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I called to show my interest and was called for an interview within a week. Went through 2 interviews. The offices were very clean and the interviewers were polite. The questions were basic and simple.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected questions were the scenarios of what would do with certain situations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies.

I had two interviews, the first with the hiring manager, which was a great interview. We did not really discuss much about the job itself, but I felt very at ease. My second interview with the store manager was awkward and did not leave me very excited about the chance to come to work.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any unexpected questions in this interview. It was very run of the mill.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in April 2014.

Luckily I had 2 interviews at the same day. First with hiring manager and right after that with store manager. Very comfortable environment. HM read and asked question from a list she had (I think they ask those question to each candidate).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at TJX Companies in September 2012.

It was such a pain. :( Such a waste of my time

There was not any. They just said you want the job or not

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TJX Companies in August 2012.

very easy

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special, very easy. Just experiece review   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southlake, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TJX Companies in May 2012.

I met once with the store manager and began work the following week after my interview and after my background check had been processed. The two store managers were very nice and willing to work with pre-arranged vacation plans that my family and I had. It was also pretty easy to request a certain number of hours.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was quite basic and involved the interviewer getting to know you rather than difficult questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TJX Companies in September 2011.

I needed a job and someone at TJM had quit so my friend got me an interview. I dropped off my resume and had an open interview on the spot, it was very laid back, the most laid back interview i had ever had. I was offered a position with minimal hours and ended up getting 32 a week because of my dlligence. Yet after management was reinstated to the store manager, all did a 180. I found out the manager that hired me was from the region to improve the store i was at.

Interview Questions
    too simple, they had great management at the time i was hired

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at TJX Companies in February 2011.

Got a phone call. asked for the availability and hired within the same day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2010.

Was a one on one with the manger, she asked questions about school and availability, got a call back four days later with an offer

Interview Questions
    • How many hours are you willing to work?   View Answer
    None