TJX Companies

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Dallas, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I called to show my interest and was called for an interview within a week. Went through 2 interviews. The offices were very clean and the interviewers were polite. The questions were basic and simple.

Interview Question – The unexpected questions were the scenarios of what would do with certain situations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview Details – I had two interviews, the first with the hiring manager, which was a great interview. We did not really discuss much about the job itself, but I felt very at ease. My second interview with the store manager was awkward and did not leave me very excited about the chance to come to work.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected questions in this interview. It was very run of the mill.   Answer Question

Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was such a pain. :( Such a waste of my time

Negotiation Details – There was not any. They just said you want the job or not

Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call. asked for the availability and hired within the same day

Coral Springs, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was a one on one with the manger, she asked questions about school and availability, got a call back four days later with an offer

Interview Question – How many hours are you willing to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the job in store. Within a week I received a call back from the manager of operations asking me to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and into the managers office. it was 1:1, very easy. simple simple questions, nothing was difficult about it.

Negotiation Details – Pay was non-negotiable. Staring hourly wage is minimum wage

Fountain Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2011.

Interview Details – I needed a job and someone at TJM had quit so my friend got me an interview. I dropped off my resume and had an open interview on the spot, it was very laid back, the most laid back interview i had ever had. I was offered a position with minimal hours and ended up getting 32 a week because of my dlligence. Yet after management was reinstated to the store manager, all did a 180. I found out the manager that hired me was from the region to improve the store i was at.

Interview Question – None, very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – too simple, they had great management at the time i was hired

Downers Grove, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2012.

Interview Details – very easy

Interview Question – Nothing special, very easy. Just experiece review   View Answer

Sales Associate

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a Pretty easy process it took about a month to get in the door because the manager was on vacation so u had to wait. plus the background check took a minute also. All in all this is a good place to gain customer service experience and a great place to put on your resume

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!