TJX Companies

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cambridge, MA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was such a pain. :( Such a waste of my time

Negotiation Details – There was not any. They just said you want the job or not

Irving, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TJX Companies in February 2011.

Interview Details – Got a phone call. asked for the availability and hired within the same day

Coral Springs, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TJX Companies in December 2010.

Interview Details – Was a one on one with the manger, she asked questions about school and availability, got a call back four days later with an offer

Interview Question – How many hours are you willing to work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Myrtle Beach, SC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for the job in store. Within a week I received a call back from the manager of operations asking me to come in for an interview. I went in for the interview and into the managers office. it was 1:1, very easy. simple simple questions, nothing was difficult about it.

Negotiation Details – Pay was non-negotiable. Staring hourly wage is minimum wage

Fountain Valley, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in September 2011.

Interview Details – I needed a job and someone at TJM had quit so my friend got me an interview. I dropped off my resume and had an open interview on the spot, it was very laid back, the most laid back interview i had ever had. I was offered a position with minimal hours and ended up getting 32 a week because of my dlligence. Yet after management was reinstated to the store manager, all did a 180. I found out the manager that hired me was from the region to improve the store i was at.

Interview Question – None, very typical   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – too simple, they had great management at the time i was hired

Downers Grove, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at TJX Companies in August 2012.

Interview Details – very easy

Interview Question – Nothing special, very easy. Just experiece review   View Answer

Sales Associate

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2011.

Interview Details – It was a Pretty easy process it took about a month to get in the door because the manager was on vacation so u had to wait. plus the background check took a minute also. All in all this is a good place to gain customer service experience and a great place to put on your resume

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Sales Associate

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TJX Companies in July 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was with just a regular manager and the secnd interview was by the store manager. This particular location seems to hire "cute" girls and barely any guys. The managers are all men so i guess that you can expect that. Interviewing was rated as difficult. They acted as if you applied for some big time paying position..i mean it's only Tjmaxx.

Interview Question – Give your definition of customer service? How would you react to associate dishonesty?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I wanted to negotiate the pay because i was not satifised and i was declined. For every year that you work there, you pay rate will increase by a quarter.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in October 2009.

Interview Details – I waited for around 20 minutes for the manager. Since I don't really have any retail experience, the interview lasted only for 5-10 mins bec. he didn't know what to ask me. I was offered the job anyway.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He didn't offer any salary. I didn't ask either. What I had in mind was just to have this job so I will have the experience and the location was near my home.

Sales Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at TJX Companies in June 2008.

Interview Details – my interview was quick and i was called shortly after for orientation

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no

Interviews for Top Jobs at TJX Companies

Worked for TJX Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TJX Companies Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by TJX Companies employees and interview candidates.