TJX Companies Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Ocala, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I dropped off my application and got a call from the manager 1 hour later ask me to come in the next day for an interview. The manager was very nice and friendly, interview went for about 15 minutes, very basic questions. She was very interested and wanted to check my references before i can come for training class/orientation day. I got offered the job 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? what is team work? what is customer service? Tell me if you have ever had an upset customer and how did you handle it? your salary expectation? your availability? what position are you interested in? what do you love most about working in retail?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for TJX Companies

Anonymous Employee in Watchung, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Watchung, NJ) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything is still in progress. I had an interview last week with a hiring manager that went really well. The store manager was on vacation so I am waiting for him to call to set up an interview. The store I applied to has a two part interview process.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

application was long. interviewers were all very nice and said they enjoy working together. I was the one asking most of the questions about the job to try to figure out if I would like it. I wanted to find out how much they were paying but instead they asked me how much I would want. That's always very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions

• Are you good at multitasking (well they asked it in a less blunt way)   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I had the interview awhile ago. I was called by the interviewing manager and came in for one interview. The interview lasted roughly 20 minutes with basic behavioral questions being asked. After the interview, a couple of my references were called and I was later called and offered the job.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

You just have to show your qualities of how you can contribute to make the store better and how you can grow with the company. And show you have very good customer service and you can use your skill to make the store better before you were in it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

very quick and easy interview..questions about background and prior experience...the process was just really a way of getting to know you. If you get interviewed you basically have the job.

Negotiation

no negotiation process...they offer a salary and you either take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I called to show my interest and was called for an interview within a week. Went through 2 interviews. The offices were very clean and the interviewers were polite. The questions were basic and simple.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected questions were the scenarios of what would do with certain situations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies.

Interview

I had two interviews, the first with the hiring manager, which was a great interview. We did not really discuss much about the job itself, but I felt very at ease. My second interview with the store manager was awkward and did not leave me very excited about the chance to come to work.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions in this interview. It was very run of the mill.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies in April 2014.

Interview

Luckily I had 2 interviews at the same day. First with hiring manager and right after that with store manager. Very comfortable environment. HM read and asked question from a list she had (I think they ask those question to each candidate).

Interview Questions

• What do you like least doing at work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TJX Companies (Norwalk, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

You receive a call from them after they review your application, they call you and give you a few interview dates and you choose which is more convenient for you. You go in and they take you to either the office or the back room and they ask you the standard interview questions, and then they ask you about yourself. If I'm remembering correctly they ask you to fill out a few papers as well.