TMC Japan

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Manager Interview

Client Services Manager
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TMC Japan in March 2009.

Interview Details – An initial phone interview
A face-to-face interview
Sales test (online)
Final Interview
Offer Letter Meeting

Interview Question – Several managers will bring their own questions to the interviews, they will be based on our industry and the applicant to determine their suitability.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The position and compensation was explained in detail on more than several occasions, when it came to signing, the process was a simple formality.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at TMC Japan in October 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online.
Received a call from a manager at TMC approx. 2-3 days later.
Met for an initial interview, met three managers individually.
Completed an online sales assessment test.
Met for a second interview, discussed test results, discussed the role in more depth. Several of the managers took a great deal of their time to explain the challenges they faced as a consultant, I really appreciated this and left with a much deeper understanding for the job I was applying.
Attended final meeting. All floor managers were present, they answered several questions that I had from email correspondence since the last meeting. They expressed their motivation to work with me and to have me join as a member of their team, I was ecstatic to say the least and accepted. One of the managers present a letter of employment and explained the compensation plan in detail.
I signed and joined 5 weeks later.

Interview Question – There were many questions throughout the interview process that I would say were challenging. I had no recruitment experience so I provided several reasons why I thought I would make a worthy consultant. You will be challenged to provide examples of your reasons from past employment or real life situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was very straight forward. The employment contract was explained in detail, there are no grey areas. They were flexible on start date with my case.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at TMC Japan.

Interview Details – The hiring process is three steps. Candidates must first meet with consultants to determine suitability culturally. A test is administered and a final interview is scheduled to make sure the candidates understands enough about the industry within Japan and TMC specifically.
Prior to the first interview, a phone conversation is initiated.

Interview Question – hard to say   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TMC Japan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TMC Japan interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by TMC Japan employees and interview candidates.