TMK

Updated Oct 17, 2014
Updated Oct 17, 2014

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TMK.

- Phone interview with HR representative: Asked me about my background and behavioral based questions. Very friendly and not a stressful interview. Scheduled an in person interview for the next day.
    - In-person interview with HR representative for about an hour: very natural and casual. He provided lot of insight about the hiring manager and gave positive feedback on how I would be a great fit.
    - In-person interview with Hiring Manager for about an hour & a half: Made no eye contact and did not shake my hand, and seemed generally grumpy and negative. He asked me to sell him an item in the room (I felt I did really well/thought outside the box) but he only gave negative feedback and a poor example of how to sell me the item, then talked up how he just fired a bunch of people, etc. I was pretty disappointed with his behavior but none the less I still got an invite to complete the PSP exam and was told they wanted to bring me in to meet the director.
    - Exam on line 2 days later for about 4 hours: Had four sections covering psychological questions, attitude, math and English comprehension.
    - Never heard back after the exam.

Interview Questions
    • One of those - draw a circle in a box without lifting your pen - questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TMK in August 2014.

Two representatives came to my school for an information session and then announced that they were having interviews the next day! (Lol, I am not kidding.) So the 10 of us in the room signed up for interview slots and the next day we all got to interview. My interview went well, I believe.

Interview Questions
    • What are important qualities for an engineer to have?
      What kind of student would you say you are?
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with someone on your team?
      How do you handle having multiple things to do?/How do you handle time?

Answer Question

BE Prepared for A Tough Interview/Hiring Process Only to BE Desperate to Leave Within the First Year Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TMK.

Be prepared to have multiple interviews; HR is the toughest and I don't understand why since they are not the hiring managers, so what do they know? If you are selected to receive an offer then be prepared to have a drug test (both hair and urine), go through a 3 hour PSP exam on psychological questions, attitude, math and English comprehension. They will also run a background and credit check. When you finally get on board reality will set in. I was placed in finance and let me tell you, after just a few months I couldn't wait to leave this company!!

Interview Questions
    • HR will drill you down, I guess that they know that Finance in TMK-IPSCO is a sweatshop (please read reviews) and they try to see if you are tough enough to withstand their bosses!   Answer Question
    You can negotiate salary, however, there is no sign-on bonus and annual target bonus is nonnegotiatble.

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TMK in June 2013.

If you want to consider this company, get ready to spend 6 hours for tests and a couple of weeks to finally meet the Executive. Oh and BTW you must speak Russian.

Mechanical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TMK in October 2012.

I applied through my university's career center and got a call back late for an in-campus interview. It was pretty laid-back and informal. I was the last person being interviewed for the day and the guy interviewing me seemed tired and eager to go home. Got a call back a few months later telling me I was going to be sent an offer very soon and then I just never heard back again.

NDT Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catoosa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catoosa, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TMK in July 2012.

I had Three interviews. Two by phone and one in person on site. The interviewer was relaxed and asked relevant questions pertaining to the job and my experience. The interview lasted approximately two and a half hours. I spoke to many people and was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    Little negotiation. Fair salary for the area.

Hydro Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blytheville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blytheville, AR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TMK in May 2012.

Face to face interview, psp, drug testing

None.

IT Desktop Support Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TMK in October 2011.

Worked directly with their internal recuriter with a number of phone interviews. Then met on site with my department co-workers and manager. Required to take a 1-2hr PSP or Psychological, Personality and Intellectual test at home through the website. Some candidates did not pass it and did not get hired. Drug test required.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions per-se, but interviewed with 5 people from co-workers up to the CIO. They take great care to hire top-tier employees.   Answer Question
    Salary negotiation was straight forward with an offer, counter offer and acceptance. If years of experience was high, additional vaca was offered, but most benefits were standard. $1 for $1 401k, bonus goals, profit sharing and good medical.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TMK in April 2011.

Handed in resume to the company during a university career fair. After two months, I received a phone call from the human resource department and had a phone interview (about 30 minutes). It was mainly a behavioral interview. About one week later, I was invited for an on-site interview. The onsite interview was technical in nature, and while there were only two interviewers initially, by the end, four people were interviewing me at once. The people were quite friendly and showed me around their office. I was later (1 week) invited to a facility tour which I was not able to make. I have not heard from them since.

Supply Chain Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TMK in March 2010.

Had a brief phone interview with HR. Was brought in to have a face to face interview with 3 different people. Standard questions, not many behavioral.