TMX Finance

Updated Feb 24, 2015
Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.4

IT Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TMX Finance.

The interview was performed by an HR person that was not clear on the role, but was very definite that my skills didn't fit the role. Then I proceed to get call after call from recruiters stating that my skills and qualifications for the job were a great fit. Don't think that they really knew what they needed

Interview Questions
    • There were no really difficult questions, but the interview was not really familiar with IT.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at TMX Finance.

Phone interview followed by a webcam interview and then finally a face to face interview with the RM. During the interview process he asked questions and will ask you to talk about yourself. Then he will tell you what his expectations of you are while you are working there for the company.

There was none they offered you a contract for 1 year

Java Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TMX Finance in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter for an initial screening and questions regarding my experience and interests. Later I was an online coding test via HireVue. After clearing that I was interviewed by the team via HireVue (webcam) since I am from far away from Texas. The interview process was very professional and I liked talking with hiring team.

District Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TMX Finance in September 2014.

First I had three or four different people calling me from multiple states, then I finally had a phone interview. After that I had to put on a suit and tie and do a video interview that was with the same person and same questions. Weird if not less, but OK.

Interview Questions
    • Basic background questions looking for answers. I really think they were trying to get information about the company I was working for at the time. I learned later through some contacts that was a tactic of theirs.   View Answer

Found out the way they do business and did not feel that fit with my morals and understanding of predatory finance. You have to have limits, they did not.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TMX Finance in September 2014.

In comparison to the other companies I interviewed with, TMX was by far superior in their initial contact, prompt response and execution of hiring. James, my recruiter was very friendly and had a great sense of humor. We had a phone interview, and that same day, a video interview (this company is very high tech). After I was accepted to go to the next stage, I interviewed in person with my Manager and co-workers, and I felt at home right away.

Very quick and James explained the benefits in a very clear and concise manner

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TMX Finance.

Got hired through a referral from one of the employees, Was talked down to by the first recruiter saying that i didn't have enough experience in management (I got 6 years Management experience and a BBA) Then went to the Store manager position instead of the general manager in training, Got a second recruiter who made a brief phone interview, Then sent a me a link to record my self interviewing a camera and answering questions, then met the district manager, of course compensation was a lie, told me something and in reality got something else, tried to talk to them about it all i got was " Boohoo " and here i am.

Interview Questions
    Make sure you record and demand what you want, They are calling you.

Operations/Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TMX Finance.

The interview processes was direct and quick. My Manager knew what he wanted and explained both the pro's and con's of the job so I completely understood the opportunity! Ther was no sugar-coating the job!

Interview Questions
    • Job changes daily and you'll need to be flexible. We move what seems to be at light speed at times so if a dynamic environment is what you enjoy then this is the place!   Answer Question
    Straight forward with no negotiating..my interview was with one peron, the one who would be my direct hire. He was very honest and outlined both the good and the bad as he saw it.

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TMX Finance in July 2014.

The hiring process was very organized and detailed. I was very impressed with the technology used in the process with the video interviews, ect. I was also pleased with the tips and help I recieved from my recruiter to be the best candidate for the job with which I was applying.

Interview Questions
    • Asking me the question about things I thought I needed to improve on and past areas of improvement.   Answer Question
    I was very easy the gave me what I ask for in pay and seemed very eager to oblige.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TMX Finance.

process took no more than 2 weeks max. Went to a job fair, the recruiter was very impressive with my resume and said that he will send me an assessment test the next day. A couple of days later I received the est, took it and passed then was asked to conduct a web interview. For some reason I had 2 web interviews and 2 face-to-face interview (GM and DM); After my interview with my DM a few days later I received my offer letter with no negotiation.

Interview Questions
    there wasn't any either you take it of leave it.

General Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TMX Finance.

initial contact is through website, and I sent a resume to a current GM. They followed up promptly with a call from the recruiting dept and set up a WebX interview. Then I interviewed (was lectured to) by the local Regional Manager. Whole process took about 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to get into the title loan business. Well I was between jobs at the time and needed something! They will make an offer if you get past the WebX interview.   Answer Question
    Salary is set across the board per position, no negotiations