TNS Global

Updated Aug 30, 2014
Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.8

Research Executive Interview

Applied Online because there was an opening
    Quick phone call from HR and asked for an interview
    4 hour long combining a written test and interviews with HR and the manager

Qualitative Project Manager Interview

Initial communications took place over email. I was asked back for one interview at the office. The interview took about 30 minutes, after which I was asked if I had any questions. The interviewer then showed me around the office and introduced me to the staff. This particular office had a friendly, inviting, comfortable atmosphere and it contained a very small staff size.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your college major (mine was non-business related) prepared you for this position.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore, WV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indore, WV

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TNS Global in December 2010.

any one can take my interview for this job this is a dream job for me and i am eligible for this.

nothing

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TNS Global in April 2009.

3 people interviewed me at the same time, fairly quickly; 1.5 hrs.

Interview Questions
    • Basic testing questions, boundary test questions.
      Asked me telecom questions
        Answer Question

Market Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TNS Global in August 2014.

I emailed my CV and a cover letter. I received a phone call, the lady asked if I don't mind knocking on peoples' doors, I said that's ok and then she signed me up to a 3 day training course which is only paid if you stay with them for a month. The training is assessed, but as long as you stay awake you'll pass with flying colours.

I regret accepting. I was told they give you addresses to go to but in reality it's cold calling, you're not selling anything but you're asking people to spend 20mins answering boring questions about fizzy drinks brands and vacuum cleaners. No negotiation with the employer is possible. If you don't mind cold calling, it might be a good job for you.

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TNS Global in August 2014.

I applied in June and didn't hear back till Aug. Submitted a CV and cover letter and had a phone interview in Aug about general background. walk through CV. what is tns and why the interest. after that I was invited in for the assessment centre.

it started with a presentation about the job and the company. then they gave us survey response data about 5 potential water bottle names and we had to sift through the data and recommend a name based on the data. know your statistics and significance levels. you have about 45 mins to prepare a presentation and about 20 minutes to present your findings to two employees. after that two different employees have a competency interview for about an hour. they read questions off of a check list and look for specific answers. after this we had lunch with past graduates who all seemed to be enjoying themselves at TNS. after lunch was a group exercise. 4 of us had a pack of 500 8.5*11 paper and we had to build a 6 ft building using just the paper. it went well.

after this i was invited back for the last round and here i had to develop a presentation and deliver it to 5 management team employees. they are looking for a presentation about yourself and what you will bring to TNS. the topic is quite confusing, but i didnt focus on myself enough and made it out to be a marketing presentation, which ultimately i think was the reason for no offer. after the presentation, there is a in-house SHL situational test followed by a writing exercise about for you to write about TNS.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TNS Global.

I approached one of the presenter and immediately emailed him. He replied almost a year later and offering an internship. I was given a phone interview and it was pretty casual.

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TNS Global in July 2014.

First test was taken. Simple test, not much difficult.
    Then interview was taken. First general questions were asked and then 2 small cases were given just to check the thought process.
    In the end some questions were asked related to statistics.

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TNS Global in July 2014.

Interview invitation given after phone screening.
    1. Reasoning test (The test has three parts: numerical, data and logical.)--- time limit is 40 minutes
    2. Aptitude test (powerpoint and excel tasks)--- time limit is 30 minutes
    3. Group interview (7 people)
    ... will shortlist candidates again for 2nd interview.
    The whole interview process takes about 2.5 hours.

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TNS Global.

Initially happened very quickly for me; first few stages happened over less than 48 hours. Stage 1 submit online application, stage 2 online tests x3 which were reasonably challenging, stage 3 c. 25 minute phone interview about employment history and competency questions, stage 4 assessment centre involving group exercise, individual data analysis and presentation exercise and interview with 2 middle managers, stage 5 another assessment centre which involved individual abstract reasoning puzzle, online test and individual presentation to 4 directors followed by an interview by them.