TNS Global Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2015
Updated Apr 3, 2015

2.8

Research Executive Interview

Interview

Applied Online because there was an opening
    Quick phone call from HR and asked for an interview
    4 hour long combining a written test and interviews with HR and the manager

Interview Questions

Interview

Initial communications took place over email. I was asked back for one interview at the office. The interview took about 30 minutes, after which I was asked if I had any questions. The interviewer then showed me around the office and introduced me to the staff. This particular office had a friendly, inviting, comfortable atmosphere and it contained a very small staff size.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your college major (mine was non-business related) prepared you for this position.   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TNS Global (Indore, WV) in December 2010.

Interview

any one can take my interview for this job this is a dream job for me and i am eligible for this.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TNS Global (Reston, VA) in April 2009.

Interview

3 people interviewed me at the same time, fairly quickly; 1.5 hrs.

Interview Questions

• Basic testing questions, boundary test questions.
      Asked me telecom questions

Answer Question

Research Executive Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TNS Global.

Interview

Applied via job search engine, got a rather fast response from the recruiter via e-mail and phone call, in which he asked my availability to join the written test. The test consists of logical test, numerical, and there was also a task where we had to analyze certain advertisement.
    Second call was for a user interview.
    Third call was for contract offer.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about your experience related with research?   Answer Question

Business Development Manager (Non-Manager) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TNS Global (Accra (Ghana)) in January 2015.

Interview

A written test based on statistical approach-much like GRE to test the applicants quick thinking or analysis of research data. After the test, I was interviewed with the Country Manager-during the interview it was made clear that I was over-qualified for the job. I felt good and bad at the same time, good because I was obviously overqualified as a result of the answers I was giving and bad because I felt it was a waste of time going through the process. The JD was misleading from the start and the HR did not review my CV well enough to make good judgement.

Market Research Interviewer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TNS Global (Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

I emailed my CV and a cover letter. I received a phone call, the lady asked if I don't mind knocking on peoples' doors, I said that's ok and then she signed me up to a 3 day training course which is only paid if you stay with them for a month. The training is assessed, but as long as you stay awake you'll pass with flying colours.

Negotiation

I regret accepting. I was told they give you addresses to go to but in reality it's cold calling, you're not selling anything but you're asking people to spend 20mins answering boring questions about fizzy drinks brands and vacuum cleaners. No negotiation with the employer is possible. If you don't mind cold calling, it might be a good job for you.

Graduate Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TNS Global in August 2014.

Interview

I applied in June and didn't hear back till Aug. Submitted a CV and cover letter and had a phone interview in Aug about general background. walk through CV. what is tns and why the interest. after that I was invited in for the assessment centre.

it started with a presentation about the job and the company. then they gave us survey response data about 5 potential water bottle names and we had to sift through the data and recommend a name based on the data. know your statistics and significance levels. you have about 45 mins to prepare a presentation and about 20 minutes to present your findings to two employees. after that two different employees have a competency interview for about an hour. they read questions off of a check list and look for specific answers. after this we had lunch with past graduates who all seemed to be enjoying themselves at TNS. after lunch was a group exercise. 4 of us had a pack of 500 8.5*11 paper and we had to build a 6 ft building using just the paper. it went well.

after this i was invited back for the last round and here i had to develop a presentation and deliver it to 5 management team employees. they are looking for a presentation about yourself and what you will bring to TNS. the topic is quite confusing, but i didnt focus on myself enough and made it out to be a marketing presentation, which ultimately i think was the reason for no offer. after the presentation, there is a in-house SHL situational test followed by a writing exercise about for you to write about TNS.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TNS Global.

Interview

I approached one of the presenter and immediately emailed him. He replied almost a year later and offering an internship. I was given a phone interview and it was pretty casual.

Research Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TNS Global (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in July 2014.

Interview

First test was taken. Simple test, not much difficult.
    Then interview was taken. First general questions were asked and then 2 small cases were given just to check the thought process.
    In the end some questions were asked related to statistics.