TNS Global

Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Market Research Interviewer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TNS Global in August 2014.

I emailed my CV and a cover letter. I received a phone call, the lady asked if I don't mind knocking on peoples' doors, I said that's ok and then she signed me up to a 3 day training course which is only paid if you stay with them for a month. The training is assessed, but as long as you stay awake you'll pass with flying colours.

I regret accepting. I was told they give you addresses to go to but in reality it's cold calling, you're not selling anything but you're asking people to spend 20mins answering boring questions about fizzy drinks brands and vacuum cleaners. No negotiation with the employer is possible. If you don't mind cold calling, it might be a good job for you.

Graduate Programmer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TNS Global in August 2014.

I applied in June and didn't hear back till Aug. Submitted a CV and cover letter and had a phone interview in Aug about general background. walk through CV. what is tns and why the interest. after that I was invited in for the assessment centre.

it started with a presentation about the job and the company. then they gave us survey response data about 5 potential water bottle names and we had to sift through the data and recommend a name based on the data. know your statistics and significance levels. you have about 45 mins to prepare a presentation and about 20 minutes to present your findings to two employees. after that two different employees have a competency interview for about an hour. they read questions off of a check list and look for specific answers. after this we had lunch with past graduates who all seemed to be enjoying themselves at TNS. after lunch was a group exercise. 4 of us had a pack of 500 8.5*11 paper and we had to build a 6 ft building using just the paper. it went well.

after this i was invited back for the last round and here i had to develop a presentation and deliver it to 5 management team employees. they are looking for a presentation about yourself and what you will bring to TNS. the topic is quite confusing, but i didnt focus on myself enough and made it out to be a marketing presentation, which ultimately i think was the reason for no offer. after the presentation, there is a in-house SHL situational test followed by a writing exercise about for you to write about TNS.

Intern Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at TNS Global.

I approached one of the presenter and immediately emailed him. He replied almost a year later and offering an internship. I was given a phone interview and it was pretty casual.

Graduate Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TNS Global.

Initially happened very quickly for me; first few stages happened over less than 48 hours. Stage 1 submit online application, stage 2 online tests x3 which were reasonably challenging, stage 3 c. 25 minute phone interview about employment history and competency questions, stage 4 assessment centre involving group exercise, individual data analysis and presentation exercise and interview with 2 middle managers, stage 5 another assessment centre which involved individual abstract reasoning puzzle, online test and individual presentation to 4 directors followed by an interview by them.

Research Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TNS Global.

1) I applied for TNS Graduate scheme online. Initial application form was fairly standard.
    2) Then I went through the online quantitative reasoning tests (SHL standard).
    3) Telephone interview. It was quite challenging. Some questions about the industry, your understanding of brands, your favorite brand, challenges and opportunities for that brand + usual competency and experience questions. The interview was a person from then business, and not an HR, and he really wanted to see how well you understand the industry, the job, and how quick, smart and creative you can be.
    4) I got invited to the assessment centre, but before that I had to complete Verbal Reasoning, Checking and Personality tests. They considered the results of these test on the day of the assessment centre together with the results of the other exercises on the day.
    5) Assessment Day. 1. Competency Based Interview with someone from the business or HR (the usual questions). 2. Data Exercise with no preparation required. We got some tables with some data from the real research and we had to prepare a client presentation based on it. 3. Those who were successful in the first 2 activities in the day had to stay for a group exercise after lunch (again the usual, they just want to check if you are a person that is nice to work with).
    6) Second Assessment Day. 1. Sales Presentation and an interview with several senior people from the business. 2. Fastrak Exercise with cards. 3. Writing task to check if you can communicate effectively in written.

Got a call back from TNS on the day of the final interview.

All in all, the whole process took me a lot of time and effort. A LOT of various stages, tests, interviews, a lot of preparation required, but I guess that in the end it helps the company to hire only those people who are right for the job. So if you believe that this is the job you want, go for it! It does worth it.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between market research and marketing? What's your favorite brand? Why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Regional Trainer/Field Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TNS Global in June 2014.

Responded to Monster career board posting, contacted and was given a preliminary interview and was notified of being shortlisted. Contacted for an interview, succesfully passed interviewed and was contacted with an offer of employment.

Interview Questions
    • I found that there were no diffucult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Trainee Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TNS Global in June 2014.

Applied for the Graduate Trainee Position through the company website. Got an email with an invitation for the next step which was to complete a numerical reasoning test. After than another email was sent which was for a phone interview. The interview lasted about 20 minutes - Questions were about list you favourite brand, why you like it (i.e. the brand's strength), what challenges this brand is facing right now. More questions followed on the company i.e. Why TNS, what do you know about market research and what does TNS do. Also some situational questions like how would you cope with a deadline driven environment and what if a deadline was pushed back.
    The next step if successful is an invitation to the Assessment Centre. Once invited more online tests have to be complete which are verbal reasoning, checking and personality.
    The content of Assessment Centre is as follows:
    Introductory presentation about TNS, the Graduate opportunities, training & development
     Following the welcome presentation:
     • Competency Based Interview
     • Data Exercise, this is an in house exercise with no preparation required.
    The Interview was very long taken by two people. Lots of competency based situational questions such as how would people describe you, describe situation in which you had to improvise etc. The data exercise ends with an individual presentation on the results found given to two people. If successful in these two, you are asked to remain for the day and complete another task. I was unsuccessful after this stage.

Consultant Interview

presentation, director interview, pst

easy

Graduate Interview

Phone int, assessment centre, final presentation and interview

No negotation possible

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TNS Global in February 2010.

I saw the advert at prospects.co.uk. The process as simple. I sent my CV along with coverletter to them. I got a call within a week for the interview cum Assessment centre. Before the AC, they sent out few slides which were not in order and gave few questions to find answers to from the slides. The idea was to analyse the data and charts given in the slides and come up with arguements to support your answers.Along with the presentation, we were also given numeracy tests and e-tray exercises.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better candidate for this job?   View Answer