TNS North America Custom

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TNS North America Custom.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR about my resume and to come in and interview. When I got there, I had 2 30 minute interviews, and the thrid person I was supposed to meet with was not there. I was asked to come back another day to complete the interview process (kind of a hassle... I could have done this in one day if they were organized). I then interviewed for about 30 minutes with the 3rd person, and then was given a short exercise to complete to judge proofreading and then write a few headlines for a report. Farily straightforward process.

Negotiation Details – Non existant. They said a salray, I tried to negotiate, they refused, but I still accepted.

Senior Research Manager Interview

Senior Research Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TNS North America Custom.

Interview Details – Two phone screeners with internal recruiters, one phone screen with department leader, and one in person interview before receiving a decision. Very prompt, respectful, and helpful along the process. The people in Chicago were honest and asked appropriate questions. No waste of time, philosophical questions. In person interview lasted several hours including individual interviews with every level of the organization and a presentation of past work.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TNS North America Custom in January 2009.

Interview Details – Long series of interviews, people are nice but distracted

Interview Question – The questions we standard and focused on experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Research Manager Interview

Research Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at TNS North America Custom in March 2013.

Interview Details – Typical interview process - 1:1 interviews with 4 people, case study and presentation.

They refused to validate my parking ticket ($10) , this speaks a lot about the financial health of the company. I have been to several interviews and when you park in paid visitor parking, the first thing they do is to validate your ticket.

Interview Question – Asked for examples of previous studies   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TNS North America Custom.

Interview Details – Through headhunter, multiple interviewers, questions centered on resume material, few questions about my management philosophy or experience, ultimate goal appeared to be whether I would fit in or not, appeared to require at least 7 people to interview me and sign off on me, little feedback, impression was that everyone had to agree on one candidate.

Interview Question – Would I fire someone if asked by my superior officer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. They accepted the number I gave them.

Very Easy Interview

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TNS North America Custom in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview here was extremely easy. It was one phone interview with a HR Recruiter and then an interview with the hiring manager over the phone. I then met the hiring manager in person and was extended an offer.

Negotiation Details – I received a competitive salary and accepted on the spot.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TNS North America Custom in April 2008.

Interview Details – First, I had a phone interview with HR recruiter from the company, which was really informational and informal. Then I had an interview with the person who would be my direct manager and one with my manager’s boss. After that, I came in and interviewed with my manager as well as two other people I would be working with. I was then given some data to analyze, one hour to prepare, and then presented results and conclusions/recommendation to 5 people (4 in person and my manager’s boss on the phone). I was really impressed throughout the process at how much all of the interviewing was related to the actual job I would be doing as opposed to “tell me about a time when you went above and beyond” kinds of questions that are always so hard to answer and don’t really show anything about your competence in the job itself.

Interview Question – Please look at this data and present results, recommendations and conclusions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were pretty open to negotiation in terms of salary. I think I negotiated about 15% higher than original offer. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want. Another higher offer from another company I was interviewing with at the same time also helped.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TNS North America Custom in June 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly standard. Beginning with multiple phone interviews and ending with a day of interviewing with incumbents of various positions.

Interview Question – Here is a scenario. How would we design a discrete choice model?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was difficult. Pretty much no flexibility.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TNS North America Custom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TNS North America Custom interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by TNS North America Custom employees and interview candidates.