TNS North America Custom
www.tnsglobal.com New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

TNS North America Custom Senior Research Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TNS North America Custom in April 2008.

Interview Details – First, I had a phone interview with HR recruiter from the company, which was really informational and informal. Then I had an interview with the person who would be my direct manager and one with my manager’s boss. After that, I came in and interviewed with my manager as well as two other people I would be working with. I was then given some data to analyze, one hour to prepare, and then presented results and conclusions/recommendation to 5 people (4 in person and my manager’s boss on the phone). I was really impressed throughout the process at how much all of the interviewing was related to the actual job I would be doing as opposed to “tell me about a time when you went above and beyond” kinds of questions that are always so hard to answer and don’t really show anything about your competence in the job itself.

Interview Question – Please look at this data and present results, recommendations and conclusions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They were pretty open to negotiation in terms of salary. I think I negotiated about 15% higher than original offer. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want. Another higher offer from another company I was interviewing with at the same time also helped.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Senior Research Associate Interview

Senior Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TNS North America Custom in June 2008.

Interview Details – Fairly standard. Beginning with multiple phone interviews and ending with a day of interviewing with incumbents of various positions.

Interview Question – Here is a scenario. How would we design a discrete choice model?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was difficult. Pretty much no flexibility.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for TNS North America Custom? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TNS North America Custom Senior Research Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by TNS North America Custom employees and interview candidates.