TNS North America Interview Questions

2.9

Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at TNS North America.

I was contacted by HR about my resume and to come in and interview. When I got there, I had 2 30 minute interviews, and the thrid person I was supposed to meet with was not there. I was asked to come back another day to complete the interview process (kind of a hassle... I could have done this in one day if they were organized). I then interviewed for about 30 minutes with the 3rd person, and then was given a short exercise to complete to judge proofreading and then write a few headlines for a report. Farily straightforward process.

Non existant. They said a salray, I tried to negotiate, they refused, but I still accepted.

Senior Research Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TNS North America.

Two phone screeners with internal recruiters, one phone screen with department leader, and one in person interview before receiving a decision. Very prompt, respectful, and helpful along the process. The people in Chicago were honest and asked appropriate questions. No waste of time, philosophical questions. In person interview lasted several hours including individual interviews with every level of the organization and a presentation of past work.

Research Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TNS North America in March 2013.

Typical interview process - 1:1 interviews with 4 people, case study and presentation.

They refused to validate my parking ticket ($10) , this speaks a lot about the financial health of the company. I have been to several interviews and when you park in paid visitor parking, the first thing they do is to validate your ticket.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TNS North America.

Through headhunter, multiple interviewers, questions centered on resume material, few questions about my management philosophy or experience, ultimate goal appeared to be whether I would fit in or not, appeared to require at least 7 people to interview me and sign off on me, little feedback, impression was that everyone had to agree on one candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Would I fire someone if asked by my superior officer.   View Answer
    None. They accepted the number I gave them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TNS North America in January 2009.

Long series of interviews, people are nice but distracted

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TNS North America in August 2008.

The interview here was extremely easy. It was one phone interview with a HR Recruiter and then an interview with the hiring manager over the phone. I then met the hiring manager in person and was extended an offer.

I received a competitive salary and accepted on the spot.

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TNS North America in April 2008.

First, I had a phone interview with HR recruiter from the company, which was really informational and informal. Then I had an interview with the person who would be my direct manager and one with my manager’s boss. After that, I came in and interviewed with my manager as well as two other people I would be working with. I was then given some data to analyze, one hour to prepare, and then presented results and conclusions/recommendation to 5 people (4 in person and my manager’s boss on the phone). I was really impressed throughout the process at how much all of the interviewing was related to the actual job I would be doing as opposed to “tell me about a time when you went above and beyond” kinds of questions that are always so hard to answer and don’t really show anything about your competence in the job itself.

Interview Questions
    • Please look at this data and present results, recommendations and conclusions.   View Answer
    They were pretty open to negotiation in terms of salary. I think I negotiated about 15% higher than original offer. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want. Another higher offer from another company I was interviewing with at the same time also helped.

Senior Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TNS North America in June 2008.

Fairly standard. Beginning with multiple phone interviews and ending with a day of interviewing with incumbents of various positions.

Interview Questions
    • Here is a scenario. How would we design a discrete choice model?   Answer Question
    Negotiation was difficult. Pretty much no flexibility.