TNS North America Senior Research Associate Interview Questions

3.5

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America (Chicago, IL) in April 2008.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with HR recruiter from the company, which was really informational and informal. Then I had an interview with the person who would be my direct manager and one with my manager’s boss. After that, I came in and interviewed with my manager as well as two other people I would be working with. I was then given some data to analyze, one hour to prepare, and then presented results and conclusions/recommendation to 5 people (4 in person and my manager’s boss on the phone). I was really impressed throughout the process at how much all of the interviewing was related to the actual job I would be doing as opposed to “tell me about a time when you went above and beyond” kinds of questions that are always so hard to answer and don’t really show anything about your competence in the job itself.

Interview Questions

• Please look at this data and present results, recommendations and conclusions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pretty open to negotiation in terms of salary. I think I negotiated about 15% higher than original offer. Don't be afraid to tell them what you want. Another higher offer from another company I was interviewing with at the same time also helped.

Other Interview Reviews for TNS North America

Senior Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TNS North America in June 2008.

Interview

Fairly standard. Beginning with multiple phone interviews and ending with a day of interviewing with incumbents of various positions.

Interview Questions

• Here is a scenario. How would we design a discrete choice model?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was difficult. Pretty much no flexibility.