TNTP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer/Database Administrator Interview

Software Developer/Database Administrator
Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TNTP in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring began with an initial phone screening, not a technical interview, by the project manager. More of a test to see if I had the wright personality. A week later, this was followed by a face to face interview with the development team. This was a combination of a technical interview, and an opportunity for the team to "feel you out". some weeks later I got an offer for a 3 month contract. This was later extended to 6 months.

Interview Questions

• Given your experience, do you expect to take on a lead / management position? because this is not a lead or management position.   View Answer
  • What is the word for null in vb?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – the initial offer was for $50 / hour. I was able to negotiate a rate of $60 / hour. My advice is to remember that this is a not for profit, and don't expect to make a killing. Also, they are very picky. My offer was a contract to hire, and despite the contact extension, in the end they didn't hire me. I suspect that part of the reason why I wasn't brought on permanent was due to the high rate which I negotiated.

Worked for TNTP? Contribute to the Community!