TOMS

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TOMS in June 2011.

I was notified at least a month after submitting my resume on line for a preliminary phone interview, during which two different positions were discussed. About a week later, I was asked to send in examples from my portfolio for one of the positions, explaining that this position was a priority. I had the impression the HR person was simply telling me what had been told to her and did not have very much information about the specific role. The interviewers were very astute, pleasant, and examined my resume carefully. We proceeded to look through my portfolio, and they expressed their concerns about how some of the work seemed inconsistent with their brand, but were very cordial and polite.

Interview Questions
  • I'm concerned that most of your work is for a brand which has a very different design aesthetic than ours.   View Answer