TOMS Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TOMS in July 2012.

My interview process was extremely quick. I applied online, received a phone screen call from the recruiter a few days later. I went in for an in-person interview two days after that, scheduled my second round of interviews the same day I had gone in for the first round. I was made an offer the evening of my second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • TOMS puts high priority on culture fit. It was important to understand the mission of the company and its movement around giving. Interviewers want to see that you've done your research and are on-board with its work.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate my pay rate.

Creative Interview

I had 5 interviews. Two over the phone, one over Skype, and two in person. My initial reaction was positive and extremely optimistic. The workers looked happy and driven by by passion.

Supply Chain Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TOMS.

The hiring was very easy. I believe it took 2 months, but that included 2 phone interviews + 1 in person interview. The in person interview was about half of the day and I met with 4 people that I would be working with

Interview Questions
    • Would you like some tea or coffee? I did not expect the people that I was interviewing with to be so open or nice during the whole process   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marina del Rey, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marina del Rey, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at TOMS.

The interview process is somewhat of a runaround, patience is important. I had four interviews in different departments and with the HR people until I was placed, between interviews I sent emails to the recruiter to check up on my status.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, fixed hourly rate.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at TOMS in May 2011.

The thing that helped me the most was taking the initiative to contact the recruiter after I applied online. I emailed her with my resume and cover letter, and I received a phone call back later that day to schedule my first interview. TOMS works on their own timeline, probably one that is more laid back than you are used to, so my next interview was 2 months later. To their credit, my manager (who was scheduled to interview me) was traveling almost that entire time. However, once I had my second/final interview, I was contacted within 4 days with an offer.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TOMS in June 2011.

I was notified at least a month after submitting my resume on line for a preliminary phone interview, during which two different positions were discussed. About a week later, I was asked to send in examples from my portfolio for one of the positions, explaining that this position was a priority. I had the impression the HR person was simply telling me what had been told to her and did not have very much information about the specific role. The interviewers were very astute, pleasant, and examined my resume carefully. We proceeded to look through my portfolio, and they expressed their concerns about how some of the work seemed inconsistent with their brand, but were very cordial and polite.

Interview Questions
    • I'm concerned that most of your work is for a brand which has a very different design aesthetic than ours.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at TOMS in May 2011.

An online application was filled out and over a month later I was finally called for a phone interview. She asked many questions about how I would help the company and what I wanted to do in the future. Nice woman but asked tough questions.

Interview Questions
    • out of all of your life experiences, what has been your favorite?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Unprofessional process. A representative from the company would make an appointment to call, and then never follow through. The initial phone screening was rescheduled four times before we finally connected. After that, I was to have another phone screening with someone from the "executive" office. Again, three appointments were set, and nothing happened each time. I followed up after each failed attempt, only to be rescheduled. When we finally did connect, the "executive" was in a hurry to get me off the phone. I must have done well because this person wanted me to speak with someone else in the marketing department, and said a meeting would be set. I waited four days before I contacted the company, and then got a bit of a runaround. When I did connect with the person from the marketing department, this person had only a few minutes due to "other appointments."

Final score -- three phone interviews, all rushed.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TOMS in March 2012.

Contacted by Director over the phone and she conducts a mini phone interview then. They seemed to be hiring aggressively so things moved fast. Was contacted same day by the recruiter by email and onsite interview the next day. Met with the director and was able to get a glimpse of the TOMS office - very awesome and seemed like a wonderful place to work. Had the 1:1 interview with her, felt very good about it, and was contacted by the recruiter again by email. She reaffirmed the fact that the interviewer liked me and set me up for a BG check then offer was made. Very casual environment and a lot of fun activities seem to happen. Everyone involved in the process was really enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you went above and beyond for someone in customer service   Answer Question

Timing was just off.

Analyst Interview

The process took 4 months - interviewed at TOMS in March 2012.

Unprofessional. Interviewers were consistently late and unprepared. HR was very slow with scheduling and follow-up. All in all, after a process dragged out over 4 months, I got to interview. Never received a response, not even a No Thank You.

I truly wish the company the very best b/c they have a great mission. With that said, please hire professionals to represent your company. I get that Toms has a young "hip" culture but, it should not be at the cost of professionalism as that speaks volumes to your brand and how the company might be structured internally.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was distracted. Did not have a copy of the resume or any questions. Just spoke about the position repeatedly.   Answer Question

Worked for TOMS? Contribute to the Community!